Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I-Phone 4 locked to 3 network

• 12-04-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Folks. Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere I can get an i phone 4 unlocked which is on the 3 network. I have tried several companies(GSM etc) and none of them seem to unlock 3 phones. I rang three and because I am not the registered owner(bought third hand) they wont unlock it for me. I know there is several places around Moore Street that do it which I initially was reluctant to use but maybe I have no other choice? also if anyone has any experience using these places, are they likely to be able to unlock a 3 phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭furryhead

Yeah unfortunately I have been unable to get the original owner so im kinda snookered. Am I likely to get it unlocked in them shops around Ilac centre?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

furryhead wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately I have been unable to get the original owner so im kinda snookered. Am I likely to get it unlocked in them shops around Ilac centre?

Depending on which version of the firmware is on the phone, you may still be able to JB and unlock. Have a look at iclarified.com. If not there are some websites that can unlock by going through the Apple servers, cost is usually about €50-70 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They whitelist the IMEI, it's expensive on some networks, your probably looking at €150 in a shop to do it, O2 and Vodafone are about €50 in shops.

Either move to 3 or sell it and get one on the network you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mr.S wrote: »
    How can a shop whitelist an IMEI thats already registered to someone else?

They have been doing it for years. Haven't a clue how it's done but the phone is essentially factory unlocked afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

From what I think it's whitelisted in apple database, which unlocks it..ie the ownership is taken from the network. Not sure exactly how it works but it does, can take up to two weeks depending on the network, 24hrs for some. 3 is one of the longest and most expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 savvyxone

From what I think it's whitelisted in apple database, which unlocks it..ie the ownership is taken from the network. Not sure exactly how it works but it does, can take up to two weeks depending on the network, 24hrs for some. 3 is one of the longest and most expensive.

Yes 3 is 150 to unlock anywhere but if you shop around and are on Vodafone or 02 you can get it unlocked for 20

EMobile and meteor is around 90

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Yes 3 is 150 to unlock

:eek:

That is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I'd try selling it on eBay and see if you can get an unlocked one, also on eBay.

Advertisement