Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace kitchen doors/worktop or get new kitchen?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

We won't be changing the layout/configuration of our kitchen at all so part of my is thinking is it worth the extra cost of replacing cabinets? THe kitchen is only about 7 years old.

I would like to update it and defo get new worktop, get a 1.5sink, maybe get an island unit too. I did discuss this with a kitchen place the other day but the guy I spoke to gave me a range of reasons not to get it done. you would have to think of then end cabinet piece (sorry, don't know the name!) and top part, cornice is it? Things like that.

So if it costs too much to get an entirely new kitchen, maybe just replacing the doors/worktop is more effective in our case.

Anyone else got this done and roughly how much did it cost, was is hassle and you'd just wished you had gotten the entire kitchen redone?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Hi I know this is an old post but we are thinking of doing something similar ourselves and have no clue of costing etc. So was wondering if you went ahead with the refurb and how it went and costs etc. Would really appreciate if you have any info. Thanks

Advertisement