If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LN575V - Integrated Satellite Tuner?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've been looking at upgrading to a 42" TV and have seen in some reviews mention that the above model has an integrated Free-to-Air tuner.

Could you confirm this for me please as the listing on your site mentions that Freesat is not integrated but not specifically that a satellite tuner is not included.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Freesat is not included but there is a free to air satellite tuner which will receive all stations available on Freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

ei9go wrote: »
    Freesat is not included but there is a free to air satellite tuner which will receive all stations available on Freesat.
    Thanks - hoping this can replace my combo box for Saorview & FTA at the same time as upgrading the TV

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

theShire wrote: »
    Thanks - hoping this can replace my combo box for Saorview & FTA at the same time as upgrading the TV
    Hi TheShire.

What ei9go has said is correct regarding the satellite tuner.

Unfortunately the the 42LN575 has now been discontinued with no more stock available.

Not sure what the replacement will be as of yet.

I'll have a check see if I can find any others that would suit your needs. I know some of the large Sony's also operate on the same basis as the 575 but will need to check if the 42" version do, starting around £699.95

Hi TheShire.

Unfortunately the the 42LN575 has now been discontinued with no more stock available.

I'll have a check see if I can find any others that would suit your needs. I know some of the large Sony's also operate on the same basis as the 575 but will need to check if the 42" version do, starting around £699.95
    Thanks but from the sounds of it those would be out of my price range - was hoping to spend around 500eur so the 42LN575 @ 400gbp looked to be the right match.

Any idea if any of the other LG models have an integrated Sat Tuner?

Hi TheShire.

Thanks but from the sounds of it those would be out of my price range - was hoping to spend around 500eur so the 42LN575 @ 400gbp looked to be the right match.

Any idea if any of the other LG models have an integrated Sat Tuner?
    Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There are a few other LG models with a satellite tuner built in.  You could take a look at the LG 42LA620V at £493.99.  It's a little above your budget unfortunately but it's going to be the cheapest option that will still give you the satellite input. 

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la620v/lg-42la620v

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately that model is definitely out of my price range at the moment.

Thanks for the help

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately that model is definitely out of my price range at the moment.

Thanks for the help
    Hey Theshire.

If anything else comes along I will keep you in mind ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.