Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna steaks

Options
  • 12-04-2014 4:12pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,848 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi folks!

I have 2 Tuna steaks (bought frozen) that I was going to cook tomorrow night. I have never cooked Tuna steak before - so looking for ideas on what to do / how long on each side etc.

Anyone got any nice tuna steak dishes? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

awec wrote: »
    Hi folks!

I have 2 Tuna steaks (bought frozen) that I was going to cook tomorrow night. I have never cooked Tuna steak before - so looking for ideas on what to do / how long on each side etc.

Anyone got any nice tuna steak dishes? :)

Defrost, pat dry, marinade in a mixture of lime juice, soy, honey garlic, chilli and scallions for about 15-20 minutes and then fry for about 45-60 seconds each side, turning every 30 seconds, so if you go for 60 seconds per side I'd turn them 3 times, so each side gets 2 rounds of 30 seconds.

Turning them like this will help it cook more evenly and not over cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I cook them in a little sesame oil - keep them raw in the middle and toss in sesame seeds once finished. Most of the time i eat them cold with salad - chop up the tuna and toss in a salad,

Advertisement