Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just being Nosey - A couple of random questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Wow, I can not being to imagine the wealth / deep pockets these developers are. And "legal technicalities" means the "working poor" like us have to pay for it thru taxes as well as reduced services. George Carlin's comment about the American dream is ringing more and more true to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

doncarlos wrote: »
    Yes and surprisingly gets used. My dad walks the dog in that park and said he sees lads using it quite a bit. Mostly foreign nationals though.

I was there at 7 this morning and there were three others walking, jogging and/or using the gym equipment. It's a lovely park. I got a jog in and did some reps on three of the 7 apparatus. I'll definitely go back, in fact will use it regularly in the morning through the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...it comes to an abrupt end after about 600m at some gates into a sports field...

Back in the day, that was Delvin RFC. Then they merged with Drogheda RFC and became Boyne RFC.

Another thing has me wondering - On the Drogheda to Termonfeckin road, does anyone know is it ESB that are re-cabling the power cables, or could it be fibre broadband (holds breath in anticipation...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's contactors laying fibre optic. They seem to be all over the county at the moment.

• Advertisement

.........has the statue of the Bull disappeared from alongside the M1 up near Dundalk? It was one of the better pieces of public art IMO, and I know that the odd one has been taken for scrap. The bull was great, it sort of appeared very ethereally out of the morning mist. Has it disappeared altogether?

I notice that the (repaired and renovated) Bull is back - no Bull!

Advertisement