Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Intervarsitys

• 12-04-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

ICPSA Inter Varsitys took place today in balheary in North Dublin. The event was out of 30 clays and was hosted by DCU. The results were out of the best 7 shooters from each team.
    Individuals scores are not available.
    DIT claimed the cup by 16 points with DURC in second

Results:
    UCD RC- 121
    DCU Ctc -135
    DURC -136
    DIT RC -152

High gun winner was Joe Thompson of UCD with 29/30

Photos up
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.445194915583417.1073741835.381605535275689&type=1&notif_t=like

Thanks to everybody involved Espically dcu and balheary shooting for a great day out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Didn't even know UCD had a team, knew about the Rifle Club but didn't know it had a clay team.

Ah fcuk finding out so late, I'm finished my Masters this month:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Blay wrote: »
    Didn't even know UCD had a team, knew about the Rifle Club but didn't know it had a clay team.

Ah fcuk finding out so late, I'm finished my Masters this month:pac:
    no , they sent out their rifle club.
    only dcu have a clay club(country wide). The rest are rifle clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Good days shooting the first stand killed me but i shot well over the second two, Always the way lol!

If any of the rifle clubs want to invite us over we dont mind ;-)

cw67irl wrote: »
    Good days shooting the first stand killed me but i shot well over the second two, Always the way lol!

If any of the rifle clubs want to invite us over we dont mind ;-)

Rifle shooting you mean???
    Are you dcu I take it.

Balheary have talked about a rifle range so if they get it we'll be on the next bus up.
    Going down to Wicklow to us is just not a viable long term solution for us

I know the trap your talking about. It was my last one. Done dreadful in it only 4/10
    8/10 on the other 2

Yep im DCU, I was happy with the other two stands i had 10 straight on the incomers and 7/10 on the Outgoing, The stand near the gate was the killer!

What type of rifle shooting are ye doing? Are you durc?

• Advertisement

Yep im DCU, I was happy with the other two stands i had 10 straight on the incomers and 7/10 on the Outgoing, The stand near the gate was the killer!

What type of rifle shooting are ye doing? Are you durc?

Nope. I'm from Dit.were trying. I say trying to do .22 rifle shooting but the Lack of a range is killer. To make it a bit harder. The closest range is courthlough which are blind to letting a rifle club shoot in their . Brc said we would have to be members. We are going to east coast.

What was your total score 27?

I wouldn't even entertain courtlough as a rifle range its a racket they have for it!! There is a range in Tallaght have you spoke to them at all? Where is east coast?

Im assuming benchrest so your only other choices are HH in Kildare or Hilltop in Wicklow both a good spin from DIT

I finished up on 22, It should have been 25+ . I shot pretty well on the two inside stands but the one near the gate I only hit 5!

I wouldn't even entertain courtlough as a rifle range its a racket they have for it!! There is a range in Tallaght have you spoke to them at all? Where is east coast?

Im assuming benchrest so your only other choices are HH in Kildare or Hilltop in Wicklow both a good spin from DIT

I finished up on 22, It should have been 25+ . I shot pretty well on the two inside stands but the one near the gate I only hit 5!

yea i know , im not a fan of courtlough at all.The only reason we went there was we need to get to a place where we could shoot fairly easily.
    yeap , the one in tallaght is called bronnabrean (spelt horribly wrong :)) , the one i mentioned aboved as brc. East coast are near roundwood in co. wicklow, its the new name for fasaro (again probably spelt horribly wrong)

The stands we were using were set up for the leinster league that was in balheary a week previous so id say that separated the scores on a few people

bpb101 wrote: »
    yea i know , im not a fan of courtlough at all.The only reason we went there was we need to get to a place where we could shoot fairly easily.
    yeap , the one in tallaght is called bronnabrean (spelt horribly wrong :)) , the one i mentioned aboved as brc. East coast are near roundwood in co. wicklow, its the new name for fasaro (again probably spelt horribly wrong)

The stands we were using were set up for the leinster league that was in balheary a week previous so id say that separated the scores on a few people

Good to shoot some competitive stands anyway, No point in putting up a few easy stands everyone would have 25+ No competition in it.

You seem to be running out of ranges alright, What about approaching any of the other colleges to see if they would rent you theirs once a week ?

Assuming balheary doesnt go ahead , Or isnt a benchrest range

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Im assuming benchrest

Neither DURC or UCDRC shoot benchrest, it's all ISSF stuff they shoot. They both shoot 10m air rifle and DURC shoots 25yd & 50m smallbore, prone rifle.
    You seem to be running out of ranges alright, What about approaching any of the other colleges to see if they would rent you theirs once a week ?

DURC is already at max capacity, it's open 5 nights a week during term time and in fairly active use the rest of the time. It's only two lanes if you use it for smallbore and three lanes if you use it for air rifle. Split that between over 600 members and it gets very tight!

UCD's range is a lot bigger, but it's 10m air rifle only. It might be an option if they allow it and if ye're willing to restrict yourselves to air rifles.

• Advertisement

Good to shoot some competitive stands anyway, No point in putting up a few easy stands everyone would have 25+ No competition in it.

Assuming balheary doesnt go ahead , Or isnt a benchrest range
    IRLConor wrote: »
    Neither DURC or UCDRC shoot benchrest, it's all ISSF stuff they shoot. They both shoot 10m air rifle and DURC shoots 25yd & 50m smallbore, prone rifle.

DURC is already at max capacity, it's open 5 nights a week during term time and in fairly active use the rest of the time. It's only two lanes if you use it for smallbore and three lanes if you use it for air rifle. Split that between over 600 members and it gets very tight!

UCD's range is a lot bigger, but it's 10m air rifle only. It might be an option if they allow it and if ye're willing to restrict yourselves to air rifles.

Durc would have been perfect, right around the corner but they couldn't let us use their range.i know they under a lot of pressure though. ucd said they ask their sports office but never got back to me.
    East coast is very good but the distances and the fact they only open Sunday is a killer.

East coast is very good but the distances and the fact they only open Sunday is a killer.

Yeah, even if they opened 7 days a week the lack of public transport to anywhere near it makes getting there very hard for students.

Yeah, even if they opened 7 days a week the lack of public transport to anywhere near it makes getting there very hard for students.
    also we have very few drivers as most of us are 1st years

Fingers crossed Balheary will work out, What discipline are ye shooting?

whatever we can get :pac:. only done 50 meter sporting rifle targets in east coast and well 40 meter silhouettes in courtlough. If balheary work out we might be able to leeway in what we can do.
    durc fire at ISSF targets (which are a lot smaller) and without a scope at 25m prone

durc fire at ISSF targets (which are a lot smaller) and without a scope at 25m prone

It's easier than it looks! The aiming mark for the 50m target is roughly the size of a DVD and the 25yd mark is the same apparent size (just scaled down to match).

It's easier than it looks! The aiming mark for the 50m target is roughly the size of a DVD and the 25yd mark is the same apparent size (just scaled down to match).
    na , im not complaining its hard just we havent had a chance to do them yet. Not much access to target rifles or any air rifles

i was onto balheary there last week and they said that the got the final approval and that their range is built . the fella who deals with it was on holidays and he knew all about it. But there waiting for the paper in the mail they said. it be great if we got somewhere as handy . The private buses are a big cost but we should be able to deal with it.

Advertisement