Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Credit Card - Expiry Date

Options
  • 12-04-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am a BOI customer and I have a BOI credit card. I am going away travelling for a year next month and I plan to access money by transferring money from my current account to my credit card using 365 and then withdrawing that cash on a weekly basis from ATMs.

However, the expiry date for my card is September 2014 so at the beginning of April, I applied for a new card so that it would not expire when I'm away and then have the hassle of trying to get a new one sent to me (I won't have a permanent address). I told BOI my predicament and ordered a new one, they were very friendly about it and a new card arrived in the post a few days later. But I thought it was a mistake when it said that the expiry date was the exact same as the guy I spoke to in BOI on the phone told me that my expiry date would be extended. Then I called BOI to question this and they told me that they do not extend the expiry date prior to three months before the actual expiry date. I understand for reasons of security and fraud that they cannot be giving out new credit cards to people all the time but surely in a case like mine where I will be out of the country for a year, they could extend my expiry date until when I get back. As it is, I'll have to order a new one in August and somehow arrange for my parents to send it to me but I don't know if I will be anywhere long enough to have an address.

Anyone know if this is normal practice for banks? Any ideas as to what I could do? I'm leaving on the 1st of May so not much time now.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Albert_Roi.

Welcome to Boards.ie.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us and we appreciate the predicament you are in.

In cases such as this, it may be possible for us to have a replacement card issued to you with an extended expiry date. Please send us a PM with your name, address and a contact number and we will be happy to investigate this for you and arrange for a representative to give you a call.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Hi Albert_Roi.

Welcome to Boards.ie.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us and we appreciate the predicament you are in.

In cases such as this, it may be possible for us to have a replacement card issued to you with an extended expiry date. Please send us a PM with your name, address and a contact number and we will be happy to investigate this for you and arrange for a representative to give you a call.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura
    Many thanks for your prompt reply Laura, much appreciated. I will send you a PM now with my details.

Edit: Just tried to send you a PM but it seems that I cannot send you PMs. Who could I send the PM to? Thanks.

Advertisement