Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses to rent in Tuam

Options
  • 12-04-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just looking at houses available for me to rent in the Tuam area at the moment. I know its not a definitive list but I was really surprised to see there are only 8 properties available on daft. Is it that there is a really high demand for rental properties and very few available or is there a different method that people are using to advertise rentals..?
    Thanks,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Hi, ya there appears to be a shortage. However agents may have some that are not advertised.

I can PM you if you need names

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Try Michael Ryder
    http://www.michaelryder.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Cheers,
    Ya i know a few agents down there. Will see what they have. Was just surprised there were not more listings on daft given all the houses which were built & not lived in. Maybe the difficulty in securing a mortgage these days has caused renting to become more popular.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Blackacre estate.. Have seen a couple of available houses there. Looks like a decent enough place to live in, but i don't know it well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

UsBus wrote: »
    Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Blackacre estate.. Have seen a couple of available houses there. Looks like a decent enough place to live in, but i don't know it well enough.

A grand estate with families of all age groups. Ten minutes or so walk to the town centre. Palace Grounds park a few minutes walk away. Adjacent hotel serving good food and a great shop/filling station across the road. If you have children then that side of town is the place to live because there's lots of young kids to mix with and lots of safe green spaces in which to play in the estates of Blackacre, The Meadows and Palace Fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Blackacre is one of the older estates so you'd have families who have been there a long time so there's more sense of community in it than the newer estates IMO. You never really hear of any trouble there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Tuam accommodation almost all full with Valeo employees.

Glenman wrote: »
    Tuam accommodation almost all full with Valeo employees.

Really..? I suppose that's not a bad thing either if most of the residents are full time employed in good solid jobs.

Advertisement