Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Did you add the red stitch gaitor yourself or are they std in bzr's?

I assume he got a replacement one somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Nice knob :pac::pac:

Did you add the red stitch gaitor yourself or are they std in bzr's?

'What ya doing there?'

'Ah just posting a picture of my knob on the internet'

:pac:

Think the red stitching was a factory option, steering wheels has it too.
    May be standard on bzr's I'm not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    'What ya doing there?'

'Ah just posting a picture of my knob on the internet'

:pac:

Think the red stitching was a factory option, steering wheels has it too.
    May be standard on bzr's I'm not 100%

My BZ-G had the red stitching too. Was it not standard on all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Maybe on facelift it seems then, mine was prefacelift bzg and had black stitching..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Maybe on facelift it seems then, mine was prefacelift bzg and had black stitching..

Could be a facelift thing alright :)

I don't know if anyone will fully know what the exact spec of the different models were. I've tried for a few years now to work out what was standard on what model and what the options were. Still no closer to knowing it feels :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Goodbye old friend!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Oh dear, what happened do you know?

Oh dear, what happened do you know?

The water pump is gone, it's pumping out coolant faster then I can pour it in!! Also the oil filter housing gasket is gone. And the timing chain needs to be replaced :o
    So it should burn through a months wages anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Eek. I've heard those chains like to jump teeth.

Eek. I've heard those chains like to jump teeth.

Yea they are a disaster. The guy I bring it too for big jobs recomends changing them every 40k miles. I've seen a load of them up in his place that the chains have gone in and it's not pretty!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

So here it is! the generous donation from 93Cab

8yxtoo.jpg

fcl5bp.jpg

13zo0oh.jpg

Aero body kit too :)

bgpma8.jpg

So this is looking likely to be the replacement for my green one as it's completely took itself out sadly :( there's just too much to be done on it, issues with this one are it needs a brake overhaul, the clutch release bearing is fecked, it needs an oil switch, tracking, and a few other niggley bits sorted out, other than that its a good straight car, so the plan is to do the clutch on this, polybush the subframe, do the brakes and suspension bits, remap this one instead and swap over any bits i need from my engine onto this one, thats the plan for now at least

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What happened to the green one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Shame to hear you're green monster is on it's last legs, never realised it was that bad sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

seems a shame to throw in the towel on the green car now, you must be literally in it to the tune of thousands? what exactly is letting it down?

some car to get for what i assume was free all the same. that colour/ interior/ wheel combo is excellent looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Always loved those SAAB wheels

Yeah the only car that can pull off three spoke wheels and they do it in style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Good night, sweet prince.

Real legends never die, they only respawn.

What happened to the green one?!
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Always loved those SAAB wheels
    davycc wrote: »
    Shame to hear you're green monster is on it's last legs, never realised it was that bad sorry
    davycc wrote: »
    Yeah the only car that can pull off three spoke wheels and they do it in style
    Sobanek wrote: »
    Good night, sweet prince.

Real legends never die, they only respawn.

Have to agree with all of the above to be honest, they are the only car that can pull of trispokes, yeah i was a fair bit into to it to be honest but with a knackered clutch, leaking waterpump, pulleys going, the alternator was gone, sump leaking, and other bits too, i think it was time to call it, although, I could patch it up and something go again, it was about 1500 worth of work alone, without parts and such, with the blue one, the same procedure is happening with the subframe coming out, being polybushed, new bushings elsewhere and various other bits being done with that's down, I've the spoiler ready to be painted, and in the long run it made sense to do this because the car already has everything I've been after to put into my own bar the turbo and brake upgrades, with the green one whats being done is, the engine is being pulled from it, it's being holed up and that'l be that for the time being, it's not the last you've seen of it that's for sure, I'll need to nct this one and we'l take it from there, i still might be in the green one yet, but for now this is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

something something same way I like my women... (on the curragh and covered in sheep shit :pac: )

GOPR3760.jpg
    GOPR3762.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Have to agree with all of the above to be honest, they are the only car that can pull of trispokes, yeah i was a fair bit into to it to be honest but with a knackered clutch, leaking waterpump, pulleys going, the alternator was gone, sump leaking, and other bits too, i think it was time to call it, although, I could patch it up and something go again, it was about 1500 worth of work alone, without parts and such, with the blue one, the same procedure is happening with the subframe coming out, being polybushed, new bushings elsewhere and various other bits being done with that's down, I've the spoiler ready to be painted, and in the long run it made sense to do this because the car already has everything I've been after to put into my own bar the turbo and brake upgrades, with the green one whats being done is, the engine is being pulled from it, it's being holed up and that'l be that for the time being, it's not the last you've seen of it that's for sure, I'll need to nct this one and we'l take it from there, i still might be in the green one yet, but for now this is the plan

The big question now is if you change over, will you change over the wheels?

The big question now is if you change over, will you change over the wheels?

But of course! :D but these ones are growing on me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

But of course!  but these ones are growing on me 

You said the same thing last time!! :P

You said the same thing last time!! :P

I know haha, we'l see tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sorry about the picture quality, it was taken on a film camera (give you an idea of how long ago it was) Car was 12 months old or so at that stage

TMh1Or.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I love the look of film, even cheap film.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That was a disposable camera I'd say. Probably using up the last few shots before developing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm useless at photoshop but I think it came out okay since both pictures were taken at different angle and location. :P

16245710152_2ba4feb161_c.jpg

Originals:

qtxfCHO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

1898224_10152813361662920_8756713009760166311_n.jpg?oh=f08b80017df3d4254790a1e589e31b0a&oe=556AC9FF
    10734255_10152813361957920_6854332295928184083_n.jpg?oh=23e420ac4345abd5fd8b7361a08bd5c5&oe=5539A972&__gda__=1432982311_d0207add2e4d82d8c93105c77b6f04d5

And my "I am doing 130 on the Autobahn and I am concentrating" face
    10653527_10152818253367920_6889430716318631671_n.jpg?oh=f4b918eb8782a3d987c858d0d16dc547&oe=55265D3C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mine's not quite in the same league but she goes like sh1t off a shovel.

2m4f30p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

A few cheeky pics of the bmw :)
    Got a wash today, she travelled all the way to Leitrim then!
    Great machine, exhaust upgrade is classy and still gives you that lovely 6cyl sound!

334437.jpg

334438.jpg

334439.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That missing Centre cap is putting my OCD in to overdrive! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement