Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Worst thing about the snow is how some drivers can't seem to cope with it. Travelling on a road with only a dusting, you had one car going at 20mph!! Cars immediately behind were probably too afraid to overtake. So a normally 10 min stretch of road took well over 30 mins

This. Drove home today and Weather was the least dangerous thing on the road. The drivers who are completely have no clue on what to do were more of a threat.
    Was funny passing people driving 40-50km/h while I was doing 100-110km/h though. I bet I got a good few "what an idiot, he will kill himself!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Got the full beams of a lad doing 60kmh on the military road in Dungarvan tonight when I overtook him. Road was perfectly safe only it was snowing lightly.

When it says -2 on the dash what's the real temperature lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The real temp is -2 when it says -2 on the dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

The real temp is -2 when it says -2 on the dash.

No wind chill factor? Sorry should've said at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Since its the current theme - here we find a Subaru in its natural environment :D

334948.jpg

And on the way home after work

334949.jpg

Oh yes - I do like snow! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The12thMan

Woman? the one I know of is owned by the wife :pac:

There can't be 3 fecking blue DTM's floating around Cork :eek:

could be, i am neither a teacher, or a woman.
    i know of 2 Blue ones in cork and a black one.

we should team up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

No wind chill factor? Sorry should've said at speed.

To be honest, I'm not sure about that at all but I would imagine that is taken into consideration and adjustments made to give an accurate reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Wind chill factor is a thing that makes what temperature human being feels (ahh, my English is no good), or better - how quickly temperature drops. :o

Something similar is "feels like" temperature - temperature + humidity + wind chill combined (correct me if I'm wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Just realised I'm finally over 50 posts, here we go......IMG_20140607_210606_zpsj6df07l2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Can you post a picture and explanation of the badge on the back of that. I've seen them before but no idea what it is about.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    It's a Tiburon badge. The Coupe is called the Tiburon in the US and some other markets.

Every days a school day (well it certainly is for me anyway as I'm a teacher).

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Can you post a picture and explanation of the badge on the back of that. I've seen them before but no idea what it is about.

In Korea the car's called a Tuscani and all KDM models are produced with this badge, also i believe Australian models have this badge but either it's missing the "tuscani" wording or it shows "tiburon" one or the other.

hyundai_tiburon_tuscani_emblems1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great shots topdog makes me miss my old 98 Impreza and 92 legacy RS,
    I have an Mr2 now and it's no fun in a blizzard :-)

The picture below Jou has been stuck in my mind for the last 24hrs. I had a similar Corolla years back in the same colour and I remember it used to shine up really well. Although I hated it at the time once I sold it I always regretted it so much so that I've said I'd buy one back.

Cheers for reminding me of it, now would someone like to swap me one for a Citroen BX!
    joujoujou wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Every days a school day (well it certainly is for me anyway as I'm a teacher).

Are you from Cork and do you drive a blue DTM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

dorgasm wrote: »

Funny man eh :pac:

dorgasm wrote: »

No and no :P

Went for a quick spin to Court Mac and back, was a nice day until the sun decided to go home early!

20150115_143530_zpst6aveell.jpg

20150115_143545_zpsz5ki69t7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You daredevil, incredibly risky behaviour while met Eireann have an orange warning in place. LOL. Nice spot. Must make it down that way this summer.

You daredevil, incredibly risky behaviour while met Eireann have an orange warning in place. LOL. Nice spot. Must make it down that way this summer.

Timoleague/Court Mac are great spots in the Summer, always buzzing. Same for Kinsale, good driving spots. Tempted to do the Wild Atlantic Way this summer, would be a bit of craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

davycc wrote: »
    Great shots topdog makes me miss my old 98 Impreza and 92 legacy RS,
    I have an Mr2 now and it's no fun in a blizzard :-)

Any pics of the legacy ? I love those cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Tempted to do the Wild Atlantic Way this summer, would be a bit of craic!

Don't, it'll severely pisss you off! Alnost guaranteed to hit a sheep too!. The amount of times I've seen patches of blood on the road where a car went kablam into one. They'd make bits of a bumper.

Don't, it'll severely pisss you off! Alnost guaranteed to hit a sheep too!. The amount of times I've seen patches of blood on the road where a car went kablam into one. They'd make bits of a bumper.

I'd probably just end up doing Cork to galway or something, unless I could get a load of lads to do it as well, sure we'll just avoid the sheep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I'd probably just end up doing Cork to galway or something, unless I could get a load of lads to do it as well, sure we'll just avoid the sheep :pac:

Do the atlantic drive around Achill though. Views are spectacular on a fine day. At a few points you get your "test your brakes now" signs. You go up to some heights, the road only meters from the cliff edge with nothing stopping you from going off the cliff and dropping 100's of feet. Think that part is called minaun cliffs or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Wild Atlantic way looks great, I am a kerry man and did the ring and all that, but that was when we had semi decent roads.

Now the wild atlantic way would be best done in a tractor, some going over 2.5k odd km. Would I do it in my own car, no way jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Drive it as it was intended - in a rental

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Drive it as it was intended - in a rental

Full insurance and debit card if possible:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

weekaizer wrote: »
    Any pics of the legacy ? I love those cars!

No pics at all sad to say, was gen 1 RS jap import in silver , was my first turbo awd car, would love to find it and buy it back. Car was spotless, 92d4**** reg, sold it to someone in allenwood Kildare around 2003 and it was never seen again:-( maybe some of you guys could ask about the Subaru underground grapevine scene for me please lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Here we see the saab in it's natural environment - the garage, as the person attempts to perform a sump drop, the car arches up in an aggressive stance, note how it's bonnet is raised, this is a natural defence move, by showing it's engine most people are afraid to do any work at all on them :pac:

10884922_851366644907064_1429003600_n.jpg?oh=2dd3d18f487a7adb9104f61ed169aed6&oe=54BC313E&__gda__=1421599918_0a38a3c8bdc00cfccb36a15b6ed8ec9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

2 lifts in the shot and TP is still on his back :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement