Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I really don't enjoy driving while hungover, then again my car isn't as fun to drive as yours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

VAOijazl.jpg

Anyone care to throw a ballpark figure on what they think the cost of getting that fixed is? First impact I've ever had...![/QUOTE]

I notice that your BMW 3 series was bought in Motorvation in Bluebell

There are some very unhappy posts on boards.ie about them

Are they anything to do with the notorious Fastnidge brothers? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I notice that your BMW 3 series was bought in Motorvation in Bluebell

There are some very unhappy posts on boards.ie about them

Are they anything to do with the notorious Fastnidge brothers? :eek:

Couldn't tell you. Personally, I haven't had any hassle with them. Was able to negotiate for a slightly better warranty than was standard. There was one issue with the car a couple of months after I bought it but it was under warranty and they were happy to sort it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Wow, a positive review from the bermuda triangle! You must feel quite honored!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

My poor 5 Series after 2 dirty little scrotes knicked my headlights early yesterday morning.

IMAG2007_No_Reg_zpsuo43wgmx.jpg

Smashed drivers window, popped the bonnet and had the right tools to remove them. Tiny bit of damage to one of the connectors from the loom, but thankfully they didn't cut the loom.

Interrupted them in the act, heard the alarm at 04.00 yesterday morning.

Not much fun driving it from home to the office (62km, mainly motorway) without a driver's window. Did it in daylight yesterday and picked up a demo that we had here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sickening....I wonder if they do this to order, or whether they'll just end up on Ebay, Donedeal etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sickening....I wonder if they do this to order, or whether they'll just end up on Ebay, Donedeal etc...

They knew what they were doing. Torx screws holding them in place, found a couple of those with no damage to the head, so they had the right tools. Knew exactly where the bonnet pull was, so where to smash the window, and knew how to get the headlights out in a small amount of time.

I just hope they are very disappointed that they are merely halogen units. I'm picturing a Fagan like character beating them to a pulp when they get back with the wrong units.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

R.O.R wrote: »
    They knew what they were doing. Torx screws holding them in place, found a couple of those with no damage to the head, so they had the right tools. Knew exactly where the bonnet pull was, so where to smash the window, and knew how to get the headlights out in a small amount of time.

I just hope they are very disappointed that they are merely halogen units. I'm picturing a Fagan like character beating them to a pulp when they get back with the wrong units.

Idiots! You just feel like you can't have anything nice sometimes. Constantly worry about some goon steeling my wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just shows that it's not always a bad thing to have to remove the whole front bumper in order to remove headlights.

That kind of thing is literally like taking the eyes from your head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Shame you didnt get a chance to run them over:p.(maiming not killing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You should get a night vision camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

R.O.R wrote: »
    My poor 5 Series after 2 dirty little scrotes knicked my headlights early yesterday morning.

Smashed drivers window, popped the bonnet and had the right tools to remove them. Tiny bit of damage to one of the connectors from the loom, but thankfully they didn't cut the loom.

Interrupted them in the act, heard the alarm at 04.00 yesterday morning.

Not much fun driving it from home to the office (62km, mainly motorway) without a driver's window. Did it in daylight yesterday and picked up a demo that we had here.

Is that a dodge in the background?

I hate that kind of crime. It's just wanton dooshbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

My new Mini Cooper S! :)

16375067732_bb1250d046_c.jpgMini Cooper S John Cooper Works by

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The12thMan

pedatron wrote: »

did not realise we had a lady poster on the thread.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Nice one!! Is it a JCW???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The12thMan wrote: »
    did not realise we had a lady poster on the thread.... :D
    What makes it funny is the ban :pac::D ROFLs!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The12thMan

What makes it funny is the ban :pac::D ROFLs!

ahh come on now, poking fun is what internet forums are for....

The12thMan wrote: »
    ahh come on now, poking fun is what internet forums are for....
    Go back and delete the quoted pic. (That's a tip rather than an instruction, not wanting to be a back seat mod like)

Yeah, a certain amount of "mx5/hairdresser" etc type stuff can be funny if you if you kinda know the poster I suppose.

Nice one!! Is it a JCW???

It is indeed. Prepared myself for hairdresser/girly car jibes and couldn't give a toss! I like it and that's all that matters! Helps that it's a rocket as well! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Couple of weeks back when we had the snow!

16378934252_da43a61aa2_z.jpga3 snow by shaun.raleigh@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Couple of weeks back when we had the snow!

[...]
    We will have snow again, sooner rather than later. :p
    Just shows that it's not always a bad thing to have to remove the whole front bumper in order to remove headlights.

[...]

At least until a moment when some morons will break it apart to get into headlights anyway. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

joujoujou wrote: »
    At least until a moment when some morons will break it apart to get into headlights anyway. :mad:

Well it's a good thing then that I don't have xenons!!!!

It is indeed. Prepared myself for hairdresser/girly car jibes and couldn't give a toss! I like it and that's all that matters! Helps that it's a rocket as well! :)
    Nice one! I wouldnt mind a go off a JCW. Im gonna get a remap on my own during in the next few weeks, I think the map is good for about 220 with standard airbox and exhaust which should be good craic :P

This is her... in all her unwashed glory!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88308573&postcount=8601

Oh, and I find the hairdresser jokes stop when you pull away and leave a trail of deafened people in your wake :P

All sorted now after recent timing chain etc etc? that was an expensive one I'd say!ouch.

Mostly the hairdresser comments come from those who wouldn't know a car with good handling from a tractor.

Nice one! I wouldnt mind a go off a JCW. Im gonna get a remap on my own during in the next few weeks, I think the map is good for about 220 with standard airbox and exhaust which should be good craic :P

This is her... in all her unwashed glory!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88308573&postcount=8601

Oh, and I find the hairdresser jokes stop when you pull away and leave a trail of deafened people in your wake :P

Lovely! I've never seen one in that colour before. I'm currently at 192 with mine with the JCW. Must further investigate to see! I'd love to know how you get on with it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Drive what you want, enjoy what you have and don't let some anus with a mealy mouthed joke or an IMO dictate what you do, too many of them cowardly c*nts about ;)

Looks a sweet machine, kudos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

dgt wrote: »
    Drive what you want, enjoy what you have and don't let some anus with a mealy mouthed joke or an IMO dictate what you do, too many of them cowardly c*nts about ;)

Looks a sweet machine, kudos :D

A-maize-ing that this comes from a diesel driver. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The all new diesel mx-5 coming soon...

• Advertisement

All sorted now after recent timing chain etc etc? that was an expensive one I'd say!ouch.

Mostly the hairdresser comments come from those who wouldn't know a car with good handling from a tractor.

It wasnt too bad in the end. I paid 950 for the chain, rails, tensioner etc to be changed, the water pump and the oil filter housing gasket. I was expecting more like 1200 so it came as a bit of a relief really!
    I had the work done by Ger O Leary in Ballincollig, Cork and I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is an absolute gentleman and is mad for his minis, definitely among the highest regarded mini mechanics in Ireland, theres minis showing up from the furthest corners of the country for him to work on.

The jackass who owned the car before me however I hope never sells a car again. Whatever clown did the first waterpump change obviously lost/broke the gasket so decided to use some sort of gripfill crap instead, and then that didnt work it looked like they loosened off the bolts and packed more crap in there with a knife and bolted it back on :rolleyes: The pump that came off the car was in an awful state!
    Lovely! I've never seen one in that colour before. I'm currently at 192 with mine with the JCW. Must further investigate to see! I'd love to know how you get on with it anyway!

Cheers! As I said above, if you have any work that needs doing (repairs, remap, mods) I would definitely keep Ger in mind depending on where in the country you are. Like I said theres cars showing up on tow trucks from all over the country or him to fix/mod so people obviously have faith in him!!

Best of luck with it anyway!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement