Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Family friends did just that last Friday. 2007 - 2015. The wife was as happy as larry! Decided to hold onto the old one too. I'm not gone on the rear, front looks well though. There's only titanium and zetec specs available with the mk5. Nothing different cosmetically between the 2 outside, but the radio is a major improvement on the inside. The zetec inside is poor.

The interior is A1 on the Titanium Mondeo now, but Im just not gone on the exterior. If I were to get one for its looks, I would nearly go for the estate version of it (and I was never a fan of estate's!).
    ^ Regarding the estate, I have never seen one in person, onky in the brochuere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Take a look here, I got a few snaps of an estate last Dec.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057281366/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

GvidoR wrote: »
    Or did you just decide to celebrate early this year? :pac:

I wish! That's just over 14ft of Christmas tree there.... Driving home was interesting to say the least....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have an 11 mondeo and its good spec so will be holding onto that for a while, havent had a chance to look at the new one yet but it looks very similar bar the front end to the previous model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Speaking of washed cars, finally got about a months worth of shoite off it

I walked past this car a few days ago in a carpark, cant for the life remember where, maybe Mahon point or little island or something. I knew it was familiar but couldn't place it! Now i know!!

Ive joined the BMW club too over the last few days, pics will follow when I get a chance. But for now ive a billion forms to fill out for the VRT and all that crap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I walked past this car a few days ago in a carpark, cant for the life remember where, maybe Mahon point or little island or something. I knew it was familiar but couldn't place it! Now i know!!

Ive joined the BMW club too over the last few days, pics will follow when I get a chance. But for now ive a billion forms to fill out for the VRT and all that crap :(

Can't remember where I was now myself! What day was it can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Can't remember where I was now myself! What day was it can you remember?

Pfft... Probably last weekend. The m stripes on the front caught my eye when I passed it so I remember it. Pretty sure it was Mahon point. The halfords side? sorry I'm a bit light on the specifics!

Pfft... Probably last weekend. The m stripes on the front caught my eye when I passed it so I remember it. Pretty sure it was Mahon point. The halfords side? sorry I'm a bit light on the specifics!

Ah yeah, I was there last Saturday, looking for bulbs but they don't have a great range tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

My 2012 A5 Black Edition Quattro

kbyj5i.jpg
    307x3l2.jpg

Really liked those yokes since they came out in 2007(?). Lovely looking motor and even the 1.8T is a very nice car. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

166man wrote: »
    Really liked those yokes since they came out in 2007(?). Lovely looking motor and even the 1.8T is a very nice car. Good luck with it!

Cheers man, had my last A4 for 7 years so I decided to treat myself. Big difference, takes a bit of getting used to but happy with it.

Great looking car, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

6F9LXdT.jpg?1

So this is my new baby, drove her to work this morning and have never loved a drive more.

Ill throw up more pics of her later as i only got her last night and havent had a chance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Same old...

339953.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

The Alloys look well on the BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Long time no chat lads.... Just got rid of the Xsara today (Ball of sh!te!!!). Dad got a 2012 Megane yesterday so i'm buying his 08 Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet 90hp Sporting. Getting a major service done this weekend and a full valet then NCT sorted in the next few weeks hopefully. Will then add my own touches to it. Very happy though and got a good deal :) Punto number 4 for me!!

Pictures to come....

rizzee wrote: »
    Long time no chat lads.... Just got rid of the Xsara today (Ball of sh!te!!!). Dad got a 2012 Megane yesterday so i'm buying his 08 Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet 90hp Sporting. Getting a major service done this weekend and a full valet then NCT sorted in the next few weeks hopefully. Will then add my own touches to it. Very happy though and got a good deal :) Punto number 4 for me!!

Pictures to come....

Remap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

What was wrong with the Xsara?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I hear it was a "Ball of sh!te"

I hear it was a "Ball of sh!te"

No sh!t, Sherlock. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

What was right with it :pac: Only put a new clutch in it middle of January, then the flashing engine light came on 2 weeks ago so been parked up since. Was misfiring to bits and belt was shaking big time... Kept cutting out and stuff. Also needed tracking done and one of the doors just seized and wouldn't open so wasn't even worth putting the money in to nct the thing. . Only lost 100 Euro on the cost price, could've been a lot lot worse.

rizzee wrote: »
    What was right with it :pac: Only put a new clutch in it middle of January, then the flashing engine light came on 2 weeks ago so been parked up since. Was misfiring to bits and belt was shaking big time... Kept cutting out and stuff. Also needed tracking done and one of the doors just seized and wouldn't open so wasn't even worth putting the money in to nct the thing. . Only lost 100 Euro on the cost price, could've been a lot lot worse.

Sorry to hear that.

I had a Xsara for about a year and half, had no issues like that. No issues at all, tbh. I don't know, maybe I got lucky. Bought it without NCT and it passed on first try. It only had about 82k miles on it at the time though.

Despite that I still prefer German and Japanese cars. Here's a throwback pic. :P

g2Ts1xkl.jpg

Took some obligatory Yob photos in a multi-storey park trying to capture the lights at night, still have to mess around with the camera a lot more!

DSCF1042_zps1l3gbwwi.jpg

:cool:

Best of a bad lot :pac:

I need to work on my photography :o

That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

^^Did you change your bulbs?

^^Did you change your bulbs?

Yep, changed from Halogen to LED as it's hard to find Halogen bulbs that aren't from BMW. They cost €30 for the pair and for Chinese bulbs they're actually great, good light and they don't "Bleed" out of the rings either!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Best of a bad lot :pac:

I need to work on my photography :o

Cars are feckers to take proper pics of :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Cars are feckers to take proper pics of :p

I hear that!
    I also hate taking pictures in undergrounds/multistories.

I think I just need to pick up a DSLR and practice a lot more, Bridge Cameras only go so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I think I just need to pick up a DSLR and practice a lot more, Bridge Cameras only go so far!

Hey both my build threads were made with a bridge camera :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement