Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

someone linked a site a while back for Japanese imports, anyone know what site it was again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

10569063_1556301114625818_3961894223331178414_n.jpg?oh=55ac0f23bf27b82810c532a443d4873b&oe=5586A19A

Gapford met a friend this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

16681967672_d845457ce9_b.jpgSnow TT by conneem, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What engine is in the V40 Arnold? Had a 2.0 16v 138 bhp there a few weeks ago, lovely thing to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

D_turbo wrote: »
    Sold the dc2.
    2 Months Viewing and 100's€ wasted Looking at poor standards of dc5s.
    Finally baught this
    DC5 PIC  Needs a clean and raised up, and few other small bits

How do you find the DC5 compared to DC2? 5 supposedly has more comfort features and heavier bigger engine but supposedly both are as fast as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cass wrote: »
    @ Yop - That is gorgeous. Absolute stunner of a car. Had the chance to test one once, and loved it.

Very best of luck with it.
    Thanks very much, I am very happy with it.
    Think I saw your new car today Yop in galway on tuam rd around midday.

I was the depressed looking fella in the Isuzu NPR

Wasn't me, was tucked up behind the house here! :D
    It will be there tomorrow though. Mine is a D reg. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Scoob is dead...

20150129_085420_zpsi2l3t4dw.jpg

...Long live Mouse:

mouse_zpsgf1hxtad.png

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Yes, that looks much better able for sleety weather! ;-)
    Interesting successor to a subaru estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Yes, that looks much better able for sleety weather! ;-)
    The Scoob both did its job (inexpensive/expendable short-haul wagon) and did not (AWD and new Michelins all-round and very slow speed notwithstanding, on sheet ice it just slipped and slid, and once you're sliding...you're sliding, until either the momentum is spent or something stops you).

I'd been uhm-ing and ah-ing about getting rid for months (thirsty as a WRX, fast as a micra :pac:), but it was one of those 2nd hand pearls that just kept on giving, right until the end (it drove me home 5 miles after that photo, in thick falling snow, without skipping a beat, no wobbles, no pulling or anything - even headlights and everything else still working just fine, then the insurance offered me £200 more for it, than what I'd paid for it (from a forecourt!) in Nov'13 with 10kmiles less! :eek:).
    Interesting successor to a subaru estate!
    I'd been for test-driving an E class (by way of 'successor') and this was supposed to be what we'd change the current C-class (t'other, nicer family cart) for later, maybe next year.

As with all carefully-laid plans - they don't survive first contact with the enemy: this was on the forecourt when I turned up to test the E class, the E class was OK but only -ish (clearly unloved, poor thing; and though the 220 CDI wasn't as underpowered as I'd feared...f*** it, now I want a 270 or 320 CDI, coz I can :D), and this had the right spec/year/miles/provenance/etc. sooo...

Subaru and a mini in our garage at the moment - if you could combine the best bits of both you'd have some car! A Cooper S Clubman maybe :-)
    Not au fait with the cabrio S - be careful of the brakes, I'm not sure which models did or didn't get a brake upgrade - some cooper S models had the same brakes as the 80hp Mini ONE. (EEK!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Mine got a wash before the snow storm luckily

15dwfwy.jpg

2zflhqf.jpg

swpy00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't like those Starlet things but that's an exceptionally clean looking car for its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I don't like those Starlet things but that's an exceptionally clean looking car for its age.

Yeah its really clean. Love seeing older cars kept so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

My new wheels, fresh off the boat from the UK

340698.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

One of the few german cars I'd actually buy, very nice!

Althought if have the M coupé but still. :p

CianRyan wrote: »

Z3 M coupe? Love that oddball yoke.

Horaay, nice one! I did good, I remember you said you didnt fancy my Cooper S haha :P

Im delighted with it now, even though getting it back from the UK was an ordeal and Im afraid to add up the costs that I forgot to factor in!! I think it was worth thr trip as I couldnt find one in that engine, spec and condition over here. Theres literally not a mark on it!

I do love the coupes, probably one of my favourite cars on the road, but I said id give a convertible a go for a few years. I found the coupes hold their value really well and the big engined stuff never took the price hit in the UK that cars over here took, so they are quite expensive. Had it narrowed down to the Z4 or a Boxster but you get a lot more Z4 for the same money! :D

Took the UK tax disc off a few days ago, 155 pounds. Paid my tax today... 1080 euro...sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Horaay, nice one! I did good, I remember you said you didnt fancy my Cooper S haha :P

Im delighted with it now, even though getting it back from the UK was an ordeal and Im afraid to add up the costs that I forgot to factor in!! I think it was worth thr trip as I couldnt find one in that engine, spec and condition over here. Theres literally not a mark on it!

I do love the coupes, probably one of my favourite cars on the road, but I said id give a convertible a go for a few years. I found the coupes hold their value really well and the big engined stuff never took the price hit in the UK that cars over here took, so they are quite expensive. Had it narrowed down to the Z4 or a Boxster but you get a lot more Z4 for the same money! :D

Took the UK tax disc off a few days ago, 155 pounds. Paid my tax today... 1080 euro...sickening

Someone with their tongue in cheek might even say you've graduated from a hairdressers car to a hair stylists car.... :pac:

Well wear though, looks great

Hahaha, sorry! Mini's have never really been my thing. :p
    Definitely into the Z4 though, they've great lines.

And in relation to the Z3 M coupé, yes and no.
    Yes, they're class but no, I meant this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119709&stc=1&d=1198897738

rizzodun wrote: »
    Someone with their tongue in cheek might even say you've graduated from a hairdressers car to a hair stylists car.... :pac:

Well wear though, looks great

Haha I had this discussion at work, the jury is out on which is more of a hairdressers car :P
    Hahaha, sorry! Mini's have never really been my thing. :p
    Definitely into the Z4 though, they've great lines.

And in relation to the Z3 M coupé, yes and no.
    Yes, they're class but no, I meant this.

Those are a beautiful motor, theres only the one for sale in the country at the moment i think, its mint though. But a tad expensive!

I think ill keep the Z4 till a GT86/BRZ hits my price range then Ill be going from by first BMW to my first Jap car!! Would prefer a Subaru just cause I have a thing for them! :D

• Advertisement

Oh, I wouldn't say no to once of those.itll be years till they drop down to my price range though, hopefully not all "drifted"
    Into a tree. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What engine is in the Zukunft Vier?

What engine is in the Zukunft Vier?

Its a 2.5si, 218 BHP. N52 I think? I need to brush up on my BMW knowledge now :P

Do you miss the N54? :D

Do you miss the N54? :D

Twas the N14 in my Mini that kept blowing up in my face :P Eventually it left on a truck after the waterpump decided it no longer wanted to stay attached to the block and made a bid for freedom haha. Had that overhauled by O Learys down here and it has been mint ever since. Full timing chain kit, water pump and gaskets and many more bits binned and replaced!

Pic (terrible quality) I found of the 2 of them! Centre caps off the Mini are in the boot for those eagled eyed people from the detailing section :p
    340729.JPG

Did you not have an auto 335i not long ago? :confused:

Did you not have an auto 335i not long ago? :confused:
    No Sir, I had one picked out, after discussing it with you a good bit in the buying section actually :)

Didn't fancy the one I test drove, it had the turbo rattle and the car itself was at the top of my budget so I couldn't stretch to the car and new turbos. I also could not for the life of me get an insurance quote below 2 grand so I scrapped the idea. That was about a year ago a this stage I would think...

This is my first BM!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

Here's my old bucket.I am under no illusions what the car is..It's done the way I like it..
    I am nearing 50 but I like my car..old boy racer.lol.

No Sir, I had one picked out, after discussing it with you a good bit in the buying section actually :)

Didn't fancy the one I test drove, it had the turbo rattle and the car itself was at the top of my budget so I couldn't stretch to the car and new turbos. I also could not for the life of me get an insurance quote below 2 grand so I scrapped the idea. That was about a year ago a this stage I would think...

This is my first BM!

Aahh yes, now I remember!! :D

There's someone on here who bought one and couldn't stand the auto box in it so got rid of it only a few months later.

• Advertisement

Aahh yes, now I remember!! :D

There's someone on here who bought one and couldn't stand the auto box in it so got rid of it only a few months later.
    I do remember one popping up, probably in this thread some time last year. Hard to come across a manual one it seems. I dont think there were any when I was looking for one...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement