Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Bpmull wrote: »
    I live about 3 km from that garage and avoid it at all costs wouldn't go to it unless I'm really stuck for parts I normally try buy parts in vw carlow or cork. My parents have had way too many bad experiences there. Is there not a fairly good vw garage in tip.

I was in Kilkenny for the afternoon anyways and it was ideal the way that there are 4 or 5 garages all on the one stretch of road.. What's so bad with the garage may I ask?
    Yeah there's a good one in Thurles and another bigger garage out in Tipp town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I was in Kilkenny for the afternoon anyways and it was ideal the way that there are 4 or 5 garages all on the one stretch of road.. What's so bad with the garage may I ask?
    Yeah there's a good one in Thurles and another bigger garage out in Tipp town!

They just like messing customers around and enjoy lying to them a lot too. My parents never actually bought a car there well my dad had a deposit on a car years and years ago and when he went to collect it they had sold it to someone else. When my dad was buying a golf van late last year he said he'd try them again just because they are local they gave him a cash price he came back a week later to try do a deal they had jacked the price up 1000 euro and said the last price was a mistake.

We brought our octavia into be serviced it had one warranty issue they said they had done up a report and sent it to skoda to see if it would be covered turns out they never sent the report to skoda or even documented the problem just lied to us about.

I could think of another 4 or 5 problems we had but I'm not going to list them. Parts department is useless too and overpriced by 30-40% on other main dealers.

They just like messing customers around and enjoy lying to them a lot too. My parents never actually bought a car there well my dad had a deposit on a car years and years ago and when he went to collect it they had sold it to someone else. When my dad was buying a golf van late last year he said he'd try them again just because they are local they gave him a cash price he came back a week later to try do a deal they had jacked the price up 1000 euro and said the last price was a mistake.

We brought our octavia into be serviced it had one warranty issue they said they had done up a report and sent it to skoda to see if it would be covered turns out they never sent the report to skoda or even documented the problem just lied to us about.

I could think of another 4 or 5 problems we had but I'm not going to list them. Parts department is useless too and overpriced by 30-40% on other main dealers.

Wow, thanks for letting me know! The salesman is suppose to get back to me on Wednesday with details of a car so it'll be interesting to see will he.
    To be honest, I'll probably deal with my local Volkswagen dealer if I am getting a Volkswagen as I know him v well and has a very respectable history!
    Either way, the Golf that was there at Lahart's was a smashing car :D

Wow, thanks for letting me know! The salesman is suppose to get back to me on Wednesday with details of a car so it'll be interesting to see will he.
    To be honest, I'll probably deal with my local Volkswagen dealer if I am getting a Volkswagen as I know him v well and has a very respectable history!
    Either way, the Golf that was there at Lahart's was a smashing car :D

Yep lovely car alright.

I'm not trying out you of them either that's just my experience with them. They sell plenty of cars so some people must fine them good. But if your local dealer is good then for handiness it probably worth buying them although I suppose it all comes down to price let us know how you get on with them. My dad bought his golf in newmarket in cork and the service you get down there is unbelievable I never experienced it in any other garage. That morning there was someone there from galway, Limerick, us from kilkenny all collecting cars so it does show that they are attracting people from all over ireland.

Yep lovely car alright.

I'm not trying out you of them either that's just my experience with them. They sell plenty of cars so some people must fine them good. But if your local dealer is good then for handiness it probably worth buying them although I suppose it all comes down to price let us know how you get on with them. My dad bought his golf in newmarket in cork and the service you get down there is unbelievable I never experienced it in any other garage. That morning there was someone there from galway, Limerick, us from kilkenny all collecting cars so it does show that they are attracting people from all over ireland.

I had a look in the commercial showroom but there wasnt much around. Just 3 cars in the showroom and the salesman was outside moving cars. We left there and headed across to the Skoda and Volkswagen part.
    I've to head down to Cork in the next few weeks, I'll certainly make sure to take a detour to have a look at that garage :)
    My local Vw dealer, Tom Harvey, is a tad bit expensive but he is 100% honest & reliable and would do anything just so your vehicle is A1 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Yawlboy wrote: »
    My new toy that I picked up yesterday - 06 730ld

It should be mandatory to post inside pics of a car like that!!!

I had a look in the commercial showroom but there wasnt much around. Just 3 cars in the showroom and the salesman was outside moving cars. We left there and headed across to the Skoda and Volkswagen part.
    I've to head down to Cork in the next few weeks, I'll certainly make sure to take a detour to have a look at that garage :)
    My local Vw dealer, Tom Harvey, is a tad bit expensive but he is 100% honest & reliable and would do anything just so your vehicle is A1 again.

They are abit in the middle of nowhere well it's in newmarket but there is not a whole lot in newmarket. You could always give them a ring or email. My dad started by emailing them as he was working in the uk at the time and couldn't call during the day. The salesman really went the extra mile he answered email after email my dad had with questions. They were the cheapest by a long way in our case. Just the attitude they have is great if it's possible to do it for you they will.

They are abit in the middle of nowhere well it's in newmarket but there is not a whole lot in newmarket. You could always give them a ring or email. My dad started by emailing them as he was working in the uk at the time and couldn't call during the day. The salesman really went the extra mile he answered email after email my dad had with questions. They were the cheapest by a long way in our case. Just the attitude they have is great if it's possible to do it for you they will.

Thats really what you look for with a garage. Do they have ad's on carzone do you know? (carzone wont open for it today for some reason so I cannot check).
    I'll make sure to keep them in mind anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The post meet Ritual(sorry about the quality, quare windy in Cashel)

20150307_184931_zps9ugtqzyd.jpg

Thats really what you look for with a garage. Do they have ad's on carzone do you know? (carzone wont open for it today for some reason so I cannot check).
    I'll make sure to keep them in mind anyways :)

They advertise very little of their stuff. So you are as well to contact them and they will tell you, they have a sh!t load of demo stock it's unbelievable. My dad contacted them to say he'd have to go with another garage as he needed to buy a demo straight away this was November and that he couldn't wait till January for a new one. Salesman was like sure we have 2 demo golf vans here 1k cheaper than the next cheapest demo straight price.

We went up to look the one he bought had 1k km on it they agreed to give him mats and fitted vw mudflaps (200 euro extra on a golf) then when we collected it they put a full tank of fuel in it and then the salesman seen I had a mk5 golf and gave me a set of genuine vw mats too without even asking. We left I was like so how do they actually make money. No doubt it's through repeat business. It's the first place Id be heading to get a replacement for my current car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

"Ooh look, another new reply to the picture thread, oh, wait, it's just people talking about golfs again." :p

GOPR3760.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

They advertise very little of their stuff. So you are as well to contact them and they will tell you, they have a sh!t load of demo stock it's unbelievable. My dad contacted them to say he'd have to go with another garage as he needed to buy a demo straight away this was November and that he couldn't wait till January for a new one. Salesman was like sure we have 2 demo golf vans here 1k cheaper than the next cheapest demo straight price.

We went up to look the one he bought had 1k km on it they agreed to give him mats and fitted vw mudflaps (200 euro extra on a golf) then when we collected it they put a full tank of fuel in it and then the salesman seen I had a mk5 golf and gave me a set of genuine vw mats too without even asking. We left I was like so how do they actually make money. No doubt it's through repeat business. It's the first place Id be heading to get a replacement for my current car.

Do you drive a GTI by any chance? You'd see a good few around Kilkenny.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Do you drive a GTI by any chance? You'd see a good few around Kilkenny.

Nope a 07-g golf 1.9tdi golf 3 door black. I'll have to put racing stripes or something on it too make it stand out :pac:

Nope a 07-g golf 1.9tdi golf 3 door black. I'll have to put racing stripes or something on it too make it stand out :pac:

Ah yes yes. I was really just wondering if you're one of the many lads around Kilkenny driving a tdi with an R32 kit and badges, which I assume now you're not :pac:

There's one fella you'd see with a blue 1.9tdi, full R32 kit, R32 badges, the whole lot, and it's just plain hilarious. Couldn't sound further from a VR6 (no disrespect to the tdi).

dorgasm wrote: »
    Ah yes yes. I was really just wondering if you're one of the many lads around Kilkenny driving a tdi with an R32 kit and badges, which I assume now you're not :pac:

There's one fella you'd see with a blue 1.9tdi, full R32 kit, R32 badges, the whole lot, and it's just plain hilarious. Couldn't sound further from a VR6 (no disrespect to the tdi).

Oh ive seen them all they wouldn't be my thing at all. Perfect looking GTI cars on the outside then they start them up you can't hide the tdi sound no matter how hard you try. No mine is completely standard from the factory even has has front dogs and alloys which are almost rear on a mk5 as most are poverty soec wheel cover editions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Just gona stick a few pictures in the new chat thread if thats ok with ye?

xkye00.jpg

513s7b.jpg

That 900 is sitting oddly high, may look into that

Just gona stick a few pictures in the new chat thread if thats ok with ye?

Didn't notice this was the pic thread til you said it there..

Since I almost have it a year heres one from the day I collected mine.

CAD4B04A-87D4-4675-B0A7-98BEAD85E3C7_zpsqgpftztg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did you get rid of the Focus?

This is my donor FTO
    lnoGCu.jpg

Feel its necessary to post pictures of a car like this
    In the showroom at Audi Kilkenny
    Once I sat into the drivers seat, I thought I was never going to leave - the interior is exquisite and it was just a nice place to be.
    Unfortunately, they were not interested in doing a straight swap with my Mondeo :pac: :pac:

MUniwn.jpg
    DQT3ZR.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Out for spin today with mate. Bit eventful, he nearly rolled his hilux and I ripped the front wheel arch off coming up out of a deep rut.

Only got two quick pictures, busy day!

1957698_10152867186683773_5322766624179542858_o.jpg

11058442_10152867186458773_2325782198197199360_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Snow pic from last month.

2v9yekl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

egx3qc.jpg

2jc832w.jpg

2edcvmw.jpg

Edit - sorry on my phone so cant rotate pics. New reg plates will be going on after nct in 2 weeks time.

Have LEDs in at the back for the Reg playe bulbs, they'll go through the NCT grand wont they?

Yeah. LEDs no problem for nct. Some cars have them from factory.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah. LEDs no problem for nct. Some cars have them from factory.

Great thanks! Bulb warning on dash, damn canbus. Looks well though.

Oh, maybe get ones with a resistor built in.

Yeah i will if the warning annoys me that much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Now you can look at rizzee's Punto without tilting your head. :pac:

SA4eZUy.png

They came up right-way-up for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

What kind of a magic web browsing device have you got? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement