Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

GvidoR wrote: »
    What kind of a magic web browsing device have you got? :eek:

One of them there rotating mobile telecommunications device thingies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Having a sober march and spent the day cleaning the car, first time using demon shine as well out it on after the wax...past two weekends all spent in the car lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Night time pics.

Only parking lights on here... Nice and bright.

Then the ones for the reg.

That's enough Punto photos for one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

rizzee wrote: »
    Great thanks! Bulb warning on dash, damn canbus. Looks well though.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Oh, maybe get ones with a resistor built in.

Or wire in a set of regular bulbs as well hidden in the boot to fool the canbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

It should be mandatory to post inside pics of a car like that!!!

needs a valet first ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yawlboy wrote: »
    needs a valet first ;-)

Cracking car, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Rat Rodding it is well underway I see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just testing the waters

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

GvidoR wrote: »

Dipping the headlights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Edit - sorry on my phone so cant rotate pics. New reg plates will be going on after nct in 2 weeks time.

Have LEDs in at the back for the Reg playe bulbs, they'll go through the NCT grand wont they?

Looks nice! Where'd you get LEDs that work? I got some a while back but my fiat didn't like them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Dord wrote: »
    Looks nice! Where'd you get LEDs that work? I got some a while back but my fiat didn't like them. :(

Look for canbus LEDs. You'll see em on eBay marked as error free or canbus.

Thanks! Got them on ebay,they were 6 or 7 euro for a pack of ten! Got the LEDs in front (parking/side lights) and the number plate at the back for now.

They are canbus free apparantly, but you need resistors to get rid of the bulb warnings (mentuoned a few posts back). But if you can live with the warning light on the dash then fire away, they look way better imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Thanks! Got them on ebay,they were 6 or 7 euro for a pack of ten! Got the LEDs in front (parking/side lights) and the number plate at the back for now.

They are canbus free apparantly, but you need resistors to get rid of the bulb warnings (mentuoned a few posts back). But if you can live with the warning light on the dash then fire away, they look way better imo :)

I dont think I have error lights on my dash. :pac:

When I put in the second bulb both lights flickered when the car started and went off.

I'll get a pair of the canbus ones so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just gonna throw up a picture...:pac:

A7XUvl.jpg

My six cylinder friends, both completely different beasts..! Kind of miss both of them at times....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Red paint was made for e39s

Imola Red really is a great colour on those, wonder what it's like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Happily awaiting stag transport duty last Friday :)

11046336_1413414258969890_4563477680820541663_n.jpg?oh=1acff1f59831e16a574f5b605ea23473&oe=558B23A1&__gda__=1435594910_43a34197cf88fd243817a20999fe0c16

^^^ Tasty!!

^^^ Tasty!!

Thanks rizee!

Although it looks good in that photo it still needs fixing up.
    She'll get there, it's come a long way from where i got it in January already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Night time pics.

Only parking lights on here... Nice and bright.

Then the ones for the reg.

That's enough Punto photos for one day :D
    The Punto returns, delighted for you man :D I keep seeing blue GP's everywhere, definitely plan to get one again since they go so cheap (and know the issues). Re the boot LEDs, you can get the resistors for pittance on eBay, mine never gave the dash error but it won't affect NCT anyway. Linked below, you will have to put these on the circuit before the bulb connector since it's designed to fit the plastic holder, 5 minute job and gives you more leeway on the cable too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-LED-5W-SIDE-LIGHT-LOAD-RESISTOR-NO-ERROR-501-W5W-T10-/300593415079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item45fcc383a7

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

YbFocus wrote: »
    Thanks rizee!

Although it looks good in that photo it still needs fixing up.
    She'll get there, it's come a long way from where i got it in January already!

You make me want an e36 now! Looks great on those wheels!

You make me want an e36 now! Looks great on those wheels!

Sorry Alan :)

Best car I've owned, blows the e60 out of the water.
    Feels about the same acceleration but it drives and handles so much better.
    The sound as you know is fantastic!

You can drive it at the next meet and see what the differences e36 vs e46 are.
    It definitely feels very raw and simple.
    Love it for that!

advertsfox wrote: »
    The Punto returns, delighted for you man :D I keep seeing blue GP's everywhere, definitely plan to get one again since they go so cheap (and know the issues). Re the boot LEDs, you can get the resistors for pittance on eBay, mine never gave the dash error but it won't affect NCT anyway. Linked below, you will have to put these on the circuit before the bulb connector since it's designed to fit the plastic holder, 5 minute job and gives you more leeway on the cable too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-LED-5W-SIDE-LIGHT-LOAD-RESISTOR-NO-ERROR-501-W5W-T10-/300593415079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item45fcc383a7

Cheers man!! NCT on 24th so all going well it should pass!!

Brill thanks, added to watch list it'll bw bought soon, ive the LEDs in the front for parking lights so ili have to buy two sets.

When are you thinking of getting one? :)

Cheers man!! NCT on 24th so all going well it should pass!!

Brill thanks, added to watch list it'll bw bought soon, ive the LEDs in the front for parking lights so ili have to buy two sets.

When are you thinking of getting one? :)
    That's it you've reminded me, it's the front side lamps that are on the CANBUS, not the reg plate so just buy 1 pair for the front and your laughing - no cutting required ;)

advertsfox wrote: »
    That's it you've reminded me, it's the front side lamps that are on the CANBUS, not the reg plate so just buy 1 pair for the front and your laughing - no cutting required ;)

It's the reg plate as well mate, had them in first before i had the side lamps and it gave the bulb warning and specifically told me on the dash that it was "number plate lights" and the yellow triangle... Not to worry :)

It's the reg plate as well mate, had them in first before i had the side lamps and it gave the bulb warning and specifically told me on the dash that it was "number plate lights" and the yellow triangle... Not to worry :)
    Ah it's a 2008, more modern setup that my old 2006 - feck, well 2 sets of the resistors are needed now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

liffey_zpsrxkaqedw.jpg~original

Crappy pic, but great weather for a trip down to Dublin. Highlight was parking beside a government 7 and popping into the Merrion for a quick pee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

^^I take it the new coolant pipe worked. That's the good thing about the internet, as I bet your mechanic didn't even know about that pipe and would have fixed it the old fashioned way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yup, its driving great and no problems. In fairness they had heard about it, not sure if they'd done one before though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement