Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I don't think I've ever seen a celica riding so high :eek:

all standard suspension wise, but the 18's do it no justice and make it look very jeepy. in time i'd like to replace them with a set of original wheels but for now, with new rubber on those alloys i'm just driving it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

@KKV

Check out this detangoe'd look.

Before:
    11012223_790002694426800_1807273010_n.jpg

After:
    11056685_800707513356318_235612070_n.jpg

They really freshen up the looks and take years off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

all standard suspension wise, but the 18's do it no justice and make it look very jeepy. in time i'd like to replace them with a set of original wheels but for now, with new rubber on those alloys i'm just driving it on.

TRD wheels, do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Went for a kebab, took pic of car. That is all :)

342283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Hal1 wrote:
    Check out this detangoe'd look.

Does look really well in the flesh too, seen the odd one done like that. Have the side repeater mod done myself. Looks tonnes better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

altezza as she sits now new alloys going on back tommorow due to arch needing to be rolled, new bumper on and spots along with paint touch ups, loving the alloys i think it sets the car off![IMG][/img]5fDUfbI.jpg

Link ain't working Daniel, for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Everything's working.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Everything's working.

Working now :)

Daniel them front wheels give me a semi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

YbFocus wrote: »
    Working now :)

Daniel them front wheels give me a semi :)

Suppose ill throw a pic up tommorow with all four on, 17x9 et25 jr12's from jdmdistro worth everypenny enen if it was a bitch to get them to fit haha

• Advertisement

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    Suppose ill throw a pic up tommorow with all four on, 17x9 et25 jr12's from jdmdistro worth everypenny enen if it was a bitch to get them to fit haha

I love a good altezza and those wheels have just made that a beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    ohhh!! im looking for those for my MX5

Front: JR-Wheels JR12 Wheels Hyper Silver 16 Inch 8J ET22 4x100
    Rear: JR-Wheels JR12 Wheels Hyper Silver 16 Inch 9J ET10 4x100

I wonder what they costs here in Ireland, i'll be paying 179 / piece in Holland

Cool, in Ireland 154 for front and 161 for back :D it does save a bit of money lol

oohhhh Ive even seen better onces!

Front: NEW JAPAN RACING JR-11 Hyper Black: 17x8,25 ET35 151,00 x2
    Rear: NEW JAPAN RACING JR-11H yper Black: 17x9,75 ET30: 158,00 x2

I'd never put anything bigger than 15 on an NA MX5.
    1. Even 16 looks ****.
    2. The clutches are painfully weak and that's gone put so much extra stress on them. Especially if you're gonna go 17" with boost. :eek:

You'd be slipping clutch instead of tyre all day long.

I kinda want an MX5 too.

Everyone should own an MX5, if even for a little while.

Even though they're referred to as hairdresser cars, they can look awesome with some modifications and either hard top on, or top down. They look like they're fun to drive, handle good in corners, are RWD and cheap on tax since they're 1.6

Forget the hairdresser ****, no hairdresser wants something as noisy, smelly and hard to drive as an NA MX5.
    No power steering, no ABS, the bang of exhaust fuems, everything rattles.
    Nope, not a hairdressers car. :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    Forget the hairdresser ****, no hairdresser wants something as noisy, smelly and hard to drive as an NA MX5.
    No power steering, no ABS, the bang of exhaust fuems, everything rattles.
    Nope, not a hairdressers car. :D
    hahaah! thats the reason why I like the MX5 :) because of NO options :D not even electric windows hehe

and about the clutch: ACT Clutch Kit Stage 3 Mazda MX-5 ;)

Asmooh wrote: »
    hahaah! thats the reason why I like the MX5 :) because of NO options :D not even electric windows hehe

and about the clutch: ACT Clutch Kit Stage 3 Mazda MX-5 ;)

I Want to hear more spec, sounds interesting!

I Want to hear more spec, sounds interesting!
    Wait till august, because I will drive back in September from Ireland to Holland for 2 weeks holiday.

And because I sometimes change my mind it wont be useful to tell all specs, but a short list, there are a few stages in my plan, one is the base and after it the fine tuning

- Stock 1.6 engine + turbo (low boost) + 255 lph fuel pump + megasquirt stand alone ecu + 550cc injectors
    - GAZ Coilovers
    - Sparco R333 seats
    - All gauges (quality innovate motorsports)
    - High performance radiator
    - Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads
    - 200 cell cat
    - Full exhaust system
    - Wilwood big brake kit
    - ACT Clutch Kit Stage 3

This is the first part about performance, second part will be rebuilding the engine with forged parts and higher boost.

I leave bodykits and stuff out the list for now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ahh quarter mile?

Wait till august, because I will drive back in September from Ireland to Holland for 2 weeks holiday.

And because I sometimes change my mind it wont be useful to tell all specs, but a short list, there are a few stages in my plan, one is the base and after it the fine tuning

- Stock 1.6 engine + turbo (low boost) + 255 lph fuel pump + megasquirt stand alone ecu + 550cc injectors
    - GAZ Coilovers
    - Sparco R333 seats
    - All gauges (quality innovate motorsports)
    - High performance radiator
    - Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads
    - 200 cell cat
    - Full exhaust system
    - Wilwood big brake kit
    - ACT Clutch Kit Stage 3

This is the first part about performance, second part will be rebuilding the engine with forged parts and higher boost.

I leave bodykits and stuff out the list for now :)

That Is spec!

Are The injectors and Walbro pump not a bit ott or are you planning on going mad? :)

Why not use the 1.8 as the base?
    They are low compression and take forced induction really well!

Genuine Questions, its still a great spec!

That Is spec!

Are The injectors and Walbro pump not a bit ott or are you planning on going mad? :)

Why not use the 1.8 as the base?
    They are low compression and take forced induction really well!

Genuine Questions, its still a great spec!
    Well, the 1.6 was original delivered as turbo (mazda 323 base) and has all original turbo connections to it, which I like, and I don't know the 1.8 and 1.6 doesn't make much difference, the 1.6 standard compression isn't bad but ill be going to wiseco pistons and eagle H-rods later, together with 264 degrees HKS cams, swapping the diff for the 1.8 version + a different LSD.

But I'll also be doing interior upgrades to make it nicer :)

I'm aiming at 300whp after the rebuild, the 1.6 with 11psi and gt28rs turbo does around 235whp :), and thats a bone stock block no mods, not different cams nothing :)

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ahh quarter mile?
    will be my daily / summer ride :)

Well, the 1.6 was original delivered as turbo (mazda 323 base) and has all original turbo connections to it, which I like, and I don't know the 1.8 and 1.6 doesn't make much difference, the 1.6 standard compression isn't bad but ill be going to wiseco pistons and eagle H-rods later, together with 264 degrees HKS cams, swapping the diff for the 1.8 version + a different LSD.

But I'll also be doing interior upgrades to make it nicer :)

I'm aiming at 300whp after the rebuild, the 1.6 with 11psi and gt28rs turbo does around 235whp :), and thats a bone stock block no mods, not different cams nothing :)

Wow I was always sure it was the 1.8 that was ready for the turbo and was in the 323.

Seems a great car with great thought being put into it.

You'll Have to post a few more pics and come to a meet sometime to let us get a look!

Wow I was always sure it was the 1.8 that was ready for the turbo and was in the 323.

Seems a great car with great thought being put into it.

You'll Have to post a few more pics and come to a meet sometime to let us get a look!
    next summer i'll be showing off at every event i can find not to far away :P
    the 1.8 did have turbo in the 323, but it is missing the stock connections, you need to drill holes in it, kinda weird right?

But this may be the reason:

"1.6 L (1,597 cc) B6T - (78.0x83.6 mm) - The ubiquitous turbocharged, fuel-injected and intercooled 16-valve DOHC B6, released in 1985 and used in numerous models worldwide including the 1985-1989 Mazda Familia BFMR/BFMP (turbo), 1985-1989 Ford Laser TX3 turbo, and 1991-1994 Mercury Capri X"

and

"1.6 L (1,597 cc) B6ZE(RS) - (78x83.6 mm) - Developed for the Mazda MX-5 (1989–95) and Mazda Familia sedan GS/LS Full Time 4WD(JP Only,1994-1998). The engine uses a DOHC 16-valve alloy head with a lightened crankshaft and flywheel to allow an 7,200 rpm redline. An aluminum sump with cooling fins is an unusual feature of this engine. The Japanese version of the engine had a 9.4:1 compression ratio and produced 120 hp (90 kW) and 100 lb·ft (136 N·m). The European version produced 110 hp (82 kW) and 99 lb·ft (134 N·m) and was used in the Mazda MX-5 until 2001. Actual power figures for 1989-93 1.6 114 bhp (85 kW) @6,500 and 100 ft·lbf (136 N·m) @5,500"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

The sun came out and with it, the Autoglym :)

DSC_3237_zpsplbbvbcr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You got rid of your sticker kit I see, I actually really liked those.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

h3000 wrote: »
    You got rid of your sticker kit I see, I actually really liked those.

Because it was matte paint it was hell to keep clean, over the winter the dirt was impossible to keep off.
    I did really like the way it was but I guess I had to turn it back to some semblance of normality at some stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The Tango rims and mirrors worked with the whole Gulf thing ya had going on. Now - not so much. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement