Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

My new mk4 Gti, have it about 3 weeks and loving it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Looks very clean, John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

My new baby

Z47fE6a.jpg

One more from the rear, got my lovely Novice plates up ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

n1ck wrote: »
    My new baby

Some car well wear :)

Stick up some inside pictures if you get a chance :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

John2009 wrote: »

A GTI on N-Plates? :eek:

Can I ask how high the insurance is?

Very clean car, nice wheels too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

My new baby

Best colour choice in my opinion.

Is it the 2.0 TDI?

By any chance did you test drive the 1.4 petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Welcome to MK4 GTi Club :D

Car looks like it's a fine unmolested example.
    One tip though. Get VW badges for the centre caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

All this Toyota and German love going on I'm just gonna pop in with a photo of the interior of my yoke... Haven't posted it yet!

5cTjcN.jpg

:cool:

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Best colour choice in my opinion.

Is it the 2.0 TDI?

By any chance did you test drive the 1.4 petrol?

That is a 1.4 Petrol, i've no need for a Diesel and the price goes up a fair whack too! It's really nippy for a 1.4, I love it!

• Advertisement

That is a 1.4 Petrol, i've no need for a Diesel and the price goes up a fair whack too! It's really nippy for a 1.4, I love it!

Car is class especially in that colour. The Scirocco is really fresh looking still. :cool:

166man wrote: »
    Car is class especially in that colour. The Scirocco is really fresh looking still. :cool:

Yeah I really like it, I went in initially wanting the white but the test car was in that colour so I just said I want that one!

Yeah I really like it, I went in initially wanting the white but the test car was in that colour so I just said I want that one!

But the white one would've driven just as well as the blue one. :P

GvidoR wrote: »
    But the white one would've driven just as well as the blue one. :P

Well the nice white was also €650 more expensive but i'm delighted with my choice, every second Scirocco is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Big Nasty wrote: »
    The Tango rims and mirrors worked with the whole Gulf thing ya had going on. Now - not so much. ;)

Quite you, it looks fabulous :D

Dia1988 wrote: »
    A GTI on N-Plates? :eek:

Can I ask how high the insurance is?

Very clean car, nice wheels too!

Hehe N plates but but I've got my full license now, insurance is up in April so will be shopping around, have tried Liberty which are coming in at about €1800 TPFT and got another quote from 123.ie at around €1300

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Hehe N plates but but I've got my full license now, insurance is up in April so will be shopping around, have tried Liberty which are coming in at about €1800 TPFT and got another quote from 123.ie at around €1300

Insurance is some f*cker.. I've a 2009 Vw Polo parked up here and the insurance quotes im getting are cruel

€2250 to get insured as a Learner
    €1600 to get insured as a Full licence

Then again, it is a TDI engine.. But I was hoping for it to be lower since ive been driving one year already and had no claims/accidents :(

What's your age and NCB, if you don't mind me asking? €1300 seems good for a young driver on a MK4 GTI.

GvidoR wrote: »
    What's your age and NCB, if you don't mind me asking? €1300 seems good for a young driver on a MK4 GTI.

35 years old and 1 year named driving experience, the quotes I gave earlier will be myself going out on my own to start earning my own NCB, i suppose my age and having passed my test is going abit in my favour,

I also don't mind paying the bigger premium to be insured on the Gti as i don't drink and am off the smokes a few weeks to pay for the 2 trips to the petrol station per week haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

166man wrote: »
    All this Toyota and German love going on I'm just gonna pop in with a photo of the interior of my yoke... Haven't posted it yet!

:cool:

Such couch. Much comfort.

• Advertisement

Such couch. Much comfort.

And then The Jeremy Clarkson button gets pressed and all hell breaks loose....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Here's my wagon. It gets used for camping, in the dunes and up wadi's. We fit a double air matress in the back with the seats down. It's a great job.

Front_zpsbc6hm9ym.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Filthy Camero anniversary edition beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

New wheels, photo taken under the northern lights on paddys night. The trusty Auris got the heave ho after 6 years flawless service. Been looking for the right one of these for ages now, very rare car in good condition. I now have 3 subarus in the street :o

11082322_10205707263376648_8935298135538589459_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Just picked this up in the last half hour. 1.6 TDI Edition R

342439.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My new baby

I am literally spitting with jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Bought a black mx5 Na in Holland with less mileage as my red one :) I didn't see it yet but it will be changing owner on Friday to my aunt (because i'm not living in holland atm) and I'll be selling my red one (hopefully) in the same week (2 till 9 apr).

So after the 9th I should only have a black one left, this one does have electric windows so it saves me 350 euro for a electric window kit ;)

ohh... and I paid only 825 euros including the hardtop :D (didnt have one for my red one).

it needs some fixes but i'm fine with that, I love the black one!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

How much is VRT though? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

How much is VRT though? :p
    i wont be importing it ;) will just drive it here and drive 1x a year back for the checkup, because I don't know how long I will stay in Ireland. Maybe till end of the year (if my gf doesnt come and move here) maybe till end of next year, I don't know will decide when the time comes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

OSI wrote: »
    Is the 'rocco still using the Mk5 Golf platform?

Yes. They've given it some MK7-like touches (similar steering wheel as current GTI, similar front end look, etc), but it's basically the same car as before underneath. An all-new Scirocco was shelved until 2017 I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement