Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CianRyan wrote: »
    Sure it'll be replaced with some British Layland steel in two weeks.

You know me all too well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Car came out good, considering I only used the power-washer to clean it. No sponge cleaning, no window cleaner, no alloy cleaner, nothing. Just a run around with the power washer.

(I tried to block out the reg of the car, but didnt work out too good.. Oh well :pac:)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6555/5LJsxm.jpg

:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Mc Love wrote: »
    :eek: :eek:

Ummm good or bad? :pac:

Whenever I wash the car I always powerwash it, then I get my bucket which has warm water and Simoniz Wash & Wax and put it on the car, and then powerwash again.

Think it came out farely good since I only used the powerwasher and nothing else that time :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

You'll scratch the lacquer, same with sponging. Depends on how anal you are with how your car looks really.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Had to pass the octy on to the son, the ****er was never going to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ummm good or bad? :pac:

Whenever I wash the car I always powerwash it, then I get my bucket which has warm water and Simoniz Wash & Wax and put it on the car, and then powerwash again.

Think it came out farely good since I only used the powerwasher and nothing else that time :cool:

Head on over to Car Detailing forum if you want a few tips on how to keep the car looking the best. Beware though you might become hooked!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Before
    image.jpg1_zpsotltbj78.jpg
    After
    IMAG0847_zpsgtzfh3jk.jpg
    IMAG0850_zpsqvvs6ga3.jpg
    Delighted with them think they look class lot better than the silver with the red! Have center caps in black too waiting to arrive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Gunmetal looks a lot better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

It's anthracite but I think that's pretty much the same as gunmetal anyway! Had gun metal on Accord always loved the colour goes with any colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That looks soooooo much better than the silver! Now get some tyre dressing on those tyre walls :D

• Advertisement

Next up:

2n7iow7.jpg=700

ImageShow.ashx?w=394&h=261&url=1281&crop=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Gunmetal/anthracite/titanium is the business on alloys. Looking good Gavman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Had to pass the octy on to the son, the ****er was never going to die.

Eh, I think we're somewhat related. Just saw this same image posted on facebook... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

CianRyan wrote: »
    Eh, I think we're somewhat related. Just saw this same image posted on facebook... :p

I assume your referring to vesuvius. She's asleep now.

9YIJnKG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're too busy pretending to be Bentleys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Filthy tonight so she is

2015-03-29%2019.11.03_zpsmeuza5c2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

As if things weren't bad enough with me, lets make it worse :D
    16348540734_bf344670cc_h.jpg

At long long last, I have them both in the exact colours and years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dgt I haven't seen you around these parts for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

dgt I haven't seen you around these parts for a while.

A lot of stuff happening at my end, very busy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Almost 200k on this and it had only 20K on it when I purchased it almost 6 years ago and it has cost feck all to keep and it drives like new..

20150330_201026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

They aren't common alloys, seen them on one or 2 before and they look really well! It's a highline I take it? 08 or 09?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

@Truckermal are you getting rid of it ?

Looks like a really well minded one nice colour too.

They aren't common alloys, seen them on one or 2 before and they look really well! It's a highline I take it? 08 or 09?

They are Le mans wheels and are really scarce, they came as part of a sports pack on the Highline its a 08.
    Bpmull wrote: »
    @Truckermal are you getting rid of it ?

Looks like a really well minded one nice colour too.

I had a new one ordered but changed my mind it would kill me to sell her now its a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Lovely looking Passat, good to hear it's been reliable!

166man wrote: »
    Lovely looking Passat, good to hear it's been reliable!

Must take some better pics so especially of the interior which is a lot nicer..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Truckermal wrote: »
    Must take some better pics so especially of the interior which is a lot nicer..:)

Has it got those lovely high line seats? With the full leather or half leather and suede?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Truckermal wrote: »

I have a neighbour who has a poverty spec 2006 one from new not as nice as that at all but he has 200k km on it now and the only thing he had to change outside wear and tear service parts were heater plugs he can't believe it himself some going for 9 years ownership.

Is yours 1.9tdi or 2.0tdi ?

166man wrote: »
    Has it got those lovely high line seats? With the full leather or half leather and suede?

Yes it has the heated sports seats with full Nappa leather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

11110879_1378892799103001_1863508182558223801_n.jpg?oh=28d34351f960a3337d35c24d92da3342&oe=55AC6427

Nearing 4 months in my ownership now, 5k or so put up on it in the meantime so it's going in to be detailed next week, and the wheels will be going soon, they're in an awful state from kerbing. There are a few more other bits to be addressed too that I am going to get done over the next few weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement