Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Luckily he's not let near the water yet! Saloons are perfectly fine for dogs sure!

I really don't like putting my dog in the boot of the Corolla, would prefer to have him in the back seat suitably restrained obviously, where I can keep an eye on him, same with any car really regardless of bodystyle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I really don't like putting my dog in the boot of the Corolla, would prefer to have him in the back seat suitably restrained obviously, where I can keep an eye on him, same with any car really regardless of bodystyle

Yep, I hear you can get some form of dog belt these days, that might be the way to go, would've been grand today if he didn't piss all over my seat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Luckily he's not let near the water yet! Saloons are perfectly fine for dogs sure!

Just wait until he's a bit bigger...you'll be wanting a touring...im happy herself isn't car proud because I just use her motor. And it's wrecked already:pac:

Just wait until he's a bit bigger...you'll be wanting a touring...im happy herself isn't car proud because I just use her motor. And it's wrecked already:pac:

I wanted a Touring, for this particular reason, I knew we'd be getting one at some point :pac: There was just zero Sport Tourings around, mind you, I'm delighted with what I have now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

My doggie won't even get into the car, blatantly refuses! It's such a task to get, and keep him in when going on a trip or to the vet. Just whimpers all the time!

• Advertisement

My doggie won't even get into the car, blatantly refuses! It's such a task to get, and keep him in when going on a trip or to the vet. Just whimpers all the time!

Mine pretty much slept all the way up and down, even with "spirited" driving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Mine pretty much slept all the way up and down, even with "spirited" driving :pac:

Mine sits grand, well used to it now, often do North Dublin to Rosslare not a bother, just bonding together! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

My doggie won't even get into the car, blatantly refuses! It's such a task to get, and keep him in when going on to the vet. Just whimpers all the time!

TraiN them up young. My lad used to grt car sick for the first 8 months. Worse on twisty roads. Wasnt a big fan of the car and used to have to drag him out from under it if he sensed a trip coming but short trips ti the beach or woods made him tolrrate it. Not to the vets!! Gradually built it up. Could drive across the country no bother now. First one in.

Cant find a decent 2l petrol estate yet. Looked at a few since the e36 but nothing decent. Going to look at another e36 and a is200 sport cross at the weekend when im back up from cork. Not overly hoprfull for either. Lexus looks like it could be demodified but wont be arsed unless its mechanically very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ted won't fit in the ST and thats the way i likes it :p

Ted won't fit in the ST and thats the way i likes it :p

You have some sort of a bear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Interslice wrote: »
    You have some sort of a bear?

11036760_936461786388083_5570214618967826586_n.jpg?oh=dbd84b3e8b34cf700016fed3a0f49cc5&oe=55D9B5BC&__gda__=1440734517_3141cebc8e32b0a9ddcf10ceeab2af77

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Haha love the dog interslice hahaha dogs get comfortable on the wierd eat positions

Haha love the dog interslice hahaha dogs get comfortable on the wierd eat positions

That's SG's dog. Gas position alright! My dirty hairy animal is banned from sitting anywhere people sits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

No dog or food gets into my car! When I met my now wife she'd her car about a year at that stage, never cleaned it, and had a boxer and a terrier in the car most days! Hairs everywhere :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

I'm the same I'd never let a dog in my car no way
    I don't eat in the car either and pull over if I want a smoke I won't let anyone smoke in the car ha there's rules to follow before you step into the car
    No touching windows
    No dirty runners they go in the boot
    No dogs
    No eating
    No smoking
    You just sit there quietly with your hands on your lap and enjoy the ride ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I remember the first 406 I got, owner kept dogs in it.

The smell on a hot day was eye watering

Interior was removed and set fire to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    I remember the first 406 I got, owner kept dogs in it.

The smell on a hot day was eye watering

Interior was removed and set fire to

Standard!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'm the same I'd never let a dog in my car no way
    I don't eat in the car either and pull over if I want a smoke I won't let anyone smoke in the car ha there's rules to follow before you step into the car
    No touching windows
    No dirty runners they go in the boot
    No dogs
    No eating
    No smoking
    You just sit there quietly with your hands on your lap and enjoy the ride ha

Id be the same about all animals no way they wouldn't be let near it. Same with smoking I don't smoke anyway but no smoking allowed. I've tried enforcing the no eating but it normally ends up being broken by me :) in I wouldn't eat in it during short journies but if I'm in it for 2 or 4 hours of driving I met end up eating in it but not take away or chrisps I draw the line on that. No milk allowed to be opened in it either.

Ah lads, live a little! I don't allow people to smoke in mine but could care less about eating/drinking. A quick hoover is all you really need after people eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

This is turning into a chat thread. But since we're gone this far, I'll just add that no food/drink rules are crazy, unless you have one of a kind Porsche or something.

I had a dog in my Colt once, wasn't a very pleasant experience but was able to get 99% of the hair out eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

GvidoR wrote: »
    I'll just add that no food/drink rules are crazy, unless you have one of a kind Porsche or something.

Might be crazy for someone who hasn't forked out a lot for a car or who isn't car proud. I know these aren't mutually exclusive but each to their own.

Might be crazy for someone who hasn't forked out a lot for a car or who isn't car proud. I know these aren't mutually exclusive but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people keeping their cars clean. Obviously I don't spend much money on my cars (mainly because I can't afford to) but I still love them and keep them clean. If I do eat something in it, it's not like I have a huge paper plate with spaghetti and meatballs. Having a sandwich or something like that is fine and if a little crumb falls, it will not leave a stain and can be easily cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I just hate dirt in the car. Dirt on the outside is pretty unavoidable in our climate, but the inside of the car is like the inside of the house, clean and kept clean. there's no excuse for having a mauldy interior except dirtyness :pac:

Past cars ive had were often used as canteens depending on what building sites i was working on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would like a no eating car but when you have a family it gets hard to keep telling them no. They do end up wrecking the thing eventually. Hard rule is no syrup, no ice cream, no ice pops, no chips unless the window is fully open and I have stopped the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Past cars ive had were often used as canteens depending on what building sites i was working on
    Hate eating in the driver seat. Had a Mazda 626 that the passenger seat folded to give you a flat plastic table if you sat in the back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

So for the post a picture thread lads I'm gonna post an ould pictureen...!

75enSL.jpg

:pac:

Looks very nice in that colour.

Amost blends in with the hedge too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

GvidoR wrote: »
    Looks very nice in that colour.

Amost blends in with the hedge too. :pac:

Reminded me of this for some reason.....

Z1eIy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Great looking 166, the new paint job makes all the difference. One of my favs on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement