Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Great looking 166, the new paint job makes all the difference. One of my favs on here.

Gvidor, you caught me! Just the look I was going for!

Cheers Voodoo, the detail made the big difference, best money I ever spent! If I can have mine anywhere near as clean as your 720d I'll be a happy camper...! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Easily one of the nicest 166s in the country if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

166man wrote: »
    Gvidor, you caught me! Just the look I was going for!

Cheers Voodoo, the detail made the big difference, best money I ever spent! If I can have mine anywhere near as clean as your 720d I'll be a happy camper...! :D

I'm sure your paint is a million times better than mine up close. The 166 can fade into the background in silver, but that green is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Easily one of the nicest 166s in the country if you ask me

Delighted to hear that, however the wheels seem to be a bit marmite with a lot of people. They are a graphite colour at the moment, which I really like myself. Many others seem to think go back to the original silver colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

That green colour is gorgeous on the 166. Love green cars....think I'm in the minority though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Wouldn't say I love green cars, but that green is stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Not the most flattering picture but the staff wanted to take it for their facebook page, went in for tracking and tyres this morning and thewhole garage was out looking at it -proud owner- :pac:

11080618_831863446892725_2252071826959319752_o.jpg

Even wrote this

"91 SAAB 900 - Thanks for bringing this beauty into us this morning. Don't see too many of these on the road anymore. A wolf in sheep's clothing."

Now that it can actually drive properly, that last statement is oh so true :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Another 12 months nct! 2 rear kumho tyres all that were needed.

If I were to permanently swap my insurance to a van (commercial) owned by me and transporting my own property (ie; not to be a man with a van/courier/delivery person) would my insurance just charge me more/less and leave me at it?

Or is that too straight forward and simple?

I have something in my head that tells me i lose my NCB if i switch to a commercial? That, even though I'm one single human person, my competence behind the wheel of a car and behind the wheel of a van are judged as two separate things by insurance companies?

(so if im driving a private vehicle for 5 years, then buy a van and drive that for 10 years, when I swap back to a car again, despite driving for 15 years, i still only have 5 years NCB? But even that may also be wiped out because I wasnt insured on a private vehicle for a certain period of time, so after 15 years of driving, i could actually be told I am starting from scratch on my private car cos I haven't been insured on a private car in so long?)

My insurance company close at 5pm so can't ring them to ask.

You'd think a fairly straight-forward dual policy would exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

You can't swap a car policy to a commercial policy. You would have to take out a new policy if that's what you mean. The ncb is transferable as far as I know although worth checking with your specific company. You won't be able to use the ncb on a car and van policy at the same time. Is it a big van your looking at or a car derived van as fbd offer a personnel car policy on car derived vans afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

most companies won't transfer a private policy onto a commercial vehicle at all, even if it's privately owned.

Well when I was with FBD last year I transferred my insurance to a van temporarily (two days). They gave a bit of fuss but they did it. That was for a van I was renting for the day, though.

It'd be a proper 'van' I'd be looking at, rather than a car-derived van (although surely to an insurance company, a commercial is a commercial regardless?!).

Would I be better off just getting a van and 'selling' it to a friend for €1. He has a van already, on a fleet policy, so would my life be easier if i just did that, and then drove the van when needed under his policy (i am over 25 and with a full license, so I can drive under a fleet policy, legally).

That way I can keep my own car and just use the van when needed (which would be rare, but I have an idea that could make me a few Euro if it worked out, which would require a van).

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Id be the same about all animals no way they wouldn't be let near it. Same with smoking I don't smoke anyway but no smoking allowed. I've tried enforcing the no eating but it normally ends up being broken by me :) in I wouldn't eat in it during short journies but if I'm in it for 2 or 4 hours of driving I met end up eating in it but not take away or chrisps I draw the line on that. No milk allowed to be opened in it either.

Handy thing with my car is if there is any paper or stuff that people have in the car I bought myself the toyota optional extra clean box (which is a bin) mounted on the passenger side footwell

37873C1F-8255-44F7-8FB9-136BABE2F227_zpspbcvxatn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Never knew the 900 was a 3 door tp! Looks great!

Never knew the 900 was a 3 door tp! Looks great!

The more you know!Thanks also :D the difference in how it drives is unreal now, apparently it was 4 degrees out each side, the tyres were in pieces from only going to work since like last week, now its an animal of a car to move, no comfort in this thing, just you your seatbelt and sheer power

What engine / bhp is it tp ?

Bpmull wrote: »
    What engine / bhp is it tp ?

2.0 turbo, bhp I'm not too sure about, but i know its near, if not more thsn my 9-5

checked there, its 175bhp

2.0 turbo, bhp I'm not too sure about, but i know its near, if not more thsn my 9-5

It's well able to get down the road so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got a nice picture down in kerry at ladies view of the astra, will hopefully be upgrading soon so probably the last decent drive I'll bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Love it in red :)

Just in relation to my question about insurance - woops! I thought i was in the general chat thread. I had multiple tabs open. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Handy thing with my car is if there is any paper or stuff that people have in the car I bought myself the toyota optional extra clean box (which is a bin) mounted on the passenger side footwell

Yeah but I can imagine the look you'd give me if I throw an old coke can in there. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Yeah but I can imagine the look you'd give me if I throw an old coke can in there. :P

Haha yeah I'd take it out ha .. Rachael tried to put a banana skin in it ha I was like em what are ha doin ha she's said in Putin it in your bin thing so I said no your keeping that on your lap till you get home and puttin it in your bin

Gotta lay these rules down early of I'll get walked all over ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Haha yeah I'd take it out ha .. Rachael tried to put a banana skin in it ha I was like em what are ha doin ha she's said in Putin it in your bin thing so I said no your keeping that on your lap till you get home and puttin it in your bin

Gotta lay these rules down early of I'll get walked all over ha

What happened to your "radio"?

Time to get a stereo from Halfords to fill the gap I think;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That is a proper sleeper there.

Lovely car, always liked Saabs.

0-100 in 8.7s? Not bad at all.

Had a quick look at specs for this model and it appears there were loads of engine options at that time - see below:

345589.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

wonski wrote: »
    That is a proper sleeper there.

Lovely car, always liked Saabs.

0-100 in 8.7s? Not bad at all.

Had a quick look at specs for this model and it appears there were loads of engine options at that time - see below:

345589.png

With 175bhp ? yes it is.. remember a 1.6 130hp Honda CRX does 0-100 in 7,6 and Civic with 150hp does 0-100 in 7,2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Asmooh wrote: »
    With 175bhp ? yes it is.. remember a 1.6 130hp Honda CRX does 0-100 in 7,6 and Civic with 150hp does 0-100 in 7,2

You know the Saab is a heavy car right? Not everything is as stripped out and bare as a Civic or CRX.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You know the Saab is a heavy car right? Not everything is as stripped out and bare as a Civic or CRX.

Going by topgear anyway, the Saabs were rigid enough to not require a rollcage for rallying, and it survived a drop on its roof quite well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Going by topgear anyway, the Saabs were rigid enough to not require a rollcage for rallying, and it survived a drop on its roof quite well!

The Model S of its time I hear :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement