Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

YbFocus wrote: »
    Very true, TP's one looks far more modern to me!

Jaysus TP that saab of yours is looking better by the day! Far ahead of the 03 one imo!

tumblr_inline_n5jrswLGXV1qhmm6r.gif
    Toasted by any chance was your Saab parked in Tescos Naas this evening?

Yeah haha I was in shopping with the family, decided to take them to see the wonder that is naas tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeah haha I was in shopping with the family, decided to take them to see the wonder that is naas tesco

:pac: thought it was it alright parked opposite you in the quiet part of the car park, after I got out the car was looking at it thinking I recognise that car. Cars looks well in the flesh :). I live opposite that Tescos.

Seems to be a few boardsies living in around or close to Naas saw Paddycirl BMW today as well.

:pac: thought it was it alright parked opposite you in the quiet part of the car park, after I got out the car was looking at it thinking I recognise that car. Cars looks well in the flesh :). I live opposite that Tescos.

Seems to be a few boardsies living in around or close to Naas saw Paddycirl BMW today as well.

Did you? I parked there deliberately :pac: Thank you all the same :D Ah yeah but he does be all over the shop, he's from waterford i think :confused: I'd love to see that car in real life....

But yeah there's me, you, tossy,......that's about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Washed, polished and four coats of wax.

_IGP0242_zps3866873d.jpg

Did you? I parked there deliberately :pac: Thank you all the same :D Ah yeah but he does be all over the shop, he's from waterford i think :confused: I'd love to see that car in real life....

But yeah there's me, you, tossy,......that's about it :pac:

Ha same as myself that's were I always park does be nice and quiet :). Ah right yea spotted him in Naas village and right after I'd chased after a De Lorean up by Power City bit of trek from Waterford to Naas. Nice car in the flesh alright looks well kept.

I'm only new to the area moved in a few weeks ago. Your own car stands out don't see to many them around.

• Advertisement

Ha same as myself that's were I always park does be nice and quiet :). Ah right yea spotted him in Naas village and right after I'd chased after a De Lorean up by Power City bit of trek from Waterford to Naas. Nice car in the flesh alright looks well kept.

I'm only new to the area moved in a few weeks ago. Your own car stands out don't see to many them around.

I've seen 4 other saab estates since i bought mine 3 in or around my college and the one in naas, Sure I may drop over and say hello sometime so!

I've seen 4 other saab estates since i bought mine 3 in or around my college and the one in naas, Sure I may drop over and say hello sometime so!

I see another 3 series every 5 minutes.

You may indeed sure I've had a chance to perv over your car now fair is fair :).

I see another 3 series every 5 minutes.

You may indeed sure I've had a chance to perv over your car now fair is fair :).

Ah but you haven't seen all the detail....there's much to point out :pac:

I'll pm you later and we'l see from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Such a nice day :)

TvVtiGo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

how could we ever EVER part. milk and cookies me and that car.

DSC_0228.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Such a nice day :)

Any plans to put the new spots and bottom grille on man?

Any plans to put the new spots and bottom grille on man?

Yeah man just finished college exams yesterday so grille is going on asap, not so sure if ill put on the spots too because I like the combination of the current ones with the smoked headlights. I can't decide what to do :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That Alfa is a thing of beauty. Loving the colour.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Yeah man just finished college exams yesterday so grille is going on asap, not so sure if ill put on the spots too because I like the combination of the current ones with the smoked headlights. I can't decide what to do :o

Trying to get it to look like an st I take it? :p
    I like both, but sure if you already have the other spots, you might as well give them a run!

Trying to get it to look like an st I take it? :p
    I like both, but sure if you already have the other spots, you might as well give them a run!

Haha yeah more or less. The grill and maybe spots are all I want to do to it, maybe get an st rear spoiler too. And if I win the local lotto I may get it remapped :P Otherwise I'm very happy with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

NYTbHqJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So I bought a diesel X5 to see if one day I want to pay out a lot more for a "super diesel" SUV (Q7 V12, X5/X6 40d or M50D). Its pretty nice though Ive been keen to make it look less soccer mom and then get it remapped:

As it stood, silly chrome grille:
    th_20140428_134923_zpsgx66r7kh.jpg
    Plastidipped black:
    th_20140428_154133_zpstkypfqka.jpg

Old Air filter replaced with K&N:
    th_20140510_143220_zpsj7eluftx.jpg
    Put together again (changing the air filter on the 3.0d X5 takes over an hour, kinda retarded).
    th_20140510_154139_zpsg5hspmaf.jpg

As it sat:
    20140422_141144_zpsvgdhqcmq.jpg~original

Got to do something with the wheels.. Plastidip plus metaliser plus plus Glossifier plus Tyre paint to break up the blackness.
    th_20140517_172653_zpsy0xjalno.jpgth_20140518_102418_zps9ozrzuuq.jpgth_20140518_154519_zpsigixojrb.jpg

20140518_154530_zpsdqqgjilv.jpg~originalf1044357-09d0-4e37-8904-d4abe342ecb7_zps88699752.jpg~original

Now to get the X5 specific (M14 x 1.5) wheel bolts so I can fit some wheel spacers and it will look nice and stanced. And new wheel centre caps, lower skid plate or bar, remap etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks sh1te man. :D

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

how could we ever EVER part. milk and cookies me and that car.

What's under the covers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Mine, until tomorrow anyways...

10388034_712466882130149_1263444270_n.jpg

It's mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

S3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Those A3/S3's look great. 99% you'd usually see on the road are 1.6 TDI's. Nice to see a 300 bhp S3 for a change. :)

I think it looks a bit ****, wheels look too big and the front to rear look out of proportion.
    Can't argue with those figures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Wheels and a few other things can be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think it's a beautiful looking car anyway.

I wouldn't judge its looks on one dodgy iPhone photo TBH. It's a compact saloon so it's always going to look a little under-proportioned compared to its bigger brothers, but it looks superb in the flesh and its profile is spot on IMO. Once the press packets are distributed, I'll throw up a couple of better shots from the shoot. It's the kind of car that leaves a mark on you. For me it's bittersweet because I know that I'll likely never own something as well rounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have seen other photos of the S3 and I can tell you, it looks brilliant!

With regards the wheels, big brakes need big wheels :)

Reduce weight, smaller breaks and smaller wheels. :)
    I see your point and understand completely though. :p

• Advertisement

Washed and ready for the last 2 weeks :)

339si80.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement