Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How much megane mk1 stuff is interchangeable I wonder?

Renault used to call those remote controls "satellite controlled" radios IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How much megane mk1 stuff is interchangeable I wonder?

Renault used to call those remote controls "satellite controlled" radios IIRC

The 19 used the ej7 1.4 but the Megane started using the k7j, you can make some Megane bits go onto the 19 though but I haven't really thought about it much

I need to find a radio from a car that had the wheel remote controls to make this work so it's on the future list of things to do, the one in mine won't do, poverty spec yoke.

I got these yokes for the door cards too, they're door pockets with the speakers, the cards themselves don't have speakers and mine doesn't even have these door pockets

11200892_10152926125700674_7976379628442883154_n.jpg?oh=dab6c3d129fd10f2e0ac0fa9c3b3b662&oe=55CB14AA&__gda__=1438925423_b953092fa0464ce9f864bdac9e6f4dab

Also still has the original fascia that covers the radio which is maaad rare and has literally made the car worth buying

11200598_1384416075221070_2091467745561932490_n.jpg?oh=d371b3e8596d39f12c7ccb6332c6a4cb&oe=55C8D56B

Are you thinking CD player or wanna keep it factory looking?
    Think the later Renault stereos had external LED displays, so your options would probably be limited

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are you thinking CD player or wanna keep it factory looking?
    Think the later Renault stereos had external LED displays, so your options would probably be limited

Ah no I wanna keep it original as possible. I don't really listen to cds anyway so it won't be a mad loss in the name of something stupidly insignificant.

I got the unit itself and the column it bolts/slides on to for a tenner so I couldn't not buy it, just gotta find the correct radio which I'll get on ebay one of the days. The wheel surround will have to be modified too but the other cars have this set up so it shouldn't be any bother getting that right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

New lights installed.

Before
    347213.jpg

after
    347214.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Where/how do you buy your stuff from Japan. I suppose I'm unlikely to find any WRX/STI bargains before anyone else but it's interesting to have look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Those new lights are lovely.

Also, that black and white paint job on the Levin is stunning. Looks really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Where/how do you buy your stuff from Japan. I suppose I'm unlikely to find any WRX/STI bargains before anyone else but it's interesting to have look.

I usually start with Yahoo auctions, used google translate and translate for example 'toyota Chaser tail lights', then copy and past. You can also look at upGarage: http://www.upgarage.com/cartype/detail.php?maker=06&shashu=067

That link is for your STI/WRX, you find the item you want, copy the address and post it to the guy you want to use to buy it and post it to you. In the case of the lights it was Jesse Streeter jesse@jessestreeter.com who is very well known. Give him a shout and ask how much he thinks an item will cost to get sent to you, I think his fee is about 20 to 30 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Haven't washed this in well over a month. Don't know why I did either as I have a hectic weekend of driving ahead.

On the other hand, I'm only after realising that I need new bulbs in two of the rear lights :p

Also, if anyone could recommend a decent tar remover and an alloy cleaner then it would be much appreciated!

N25Ueq.jpg

WD40 is great for tar removal and cleaning alloys

oh no you didn't! 24 hour ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You may fix that post of yours before you get a pm about the thread title...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Got a bit of a spruce for her DD pics.
    352q9l1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

in the process of putting on MTEC grooved/drilled discs and EBC yellow stuff pads, £400 for the lot. Going to improve my brakes no end.

But, there is always a but. I found the lock nut sheared on the passenger front side, brutal. Not a bit pleased, the place who painted the alloys were the last to use it and probably over tightened the lock nut, cant believe it.

They will be guranteed to say, not our fault.

20150502_141731.jpg

20150502_145557.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

11220820_1394250384233909_6115892287056033286_n.jpg?oh=85bff852dbf1d0935af14024afe4ea5c&oe=55DC8548

Subtle difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Hachiko wrote: »
    in the process of putting on MTEC grooved/drilled discs and EBC yellow stuff pads, £400 for the lot. Going to improve my brakes no end.

Paint what you can of the mtec's, the ones I had were very bad and quick for corrosion.

which ones did you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Hachiko wrote: »
    which ones did you get ?

Grooved and dimpled. Did the job like I have just found they get rotten fairly quick if you a) don't paint the unused sections and b) use below average mileage car (as in 5-10k a year)

Paint them they be fine so.

dont do big miles so should be fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Just got myself this after not having a car for nearly 2 years:

Think it's my first time posting here in almost as long too! Lots of little plans along the lines of OEM upgrades, cc, auto lights etc.

front_2.jpg
    inside_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Redisle wrote: »
    Just got myself this after not having a car for nearly 2 years:

Think it's my first time posting here in almost as long too! Lots of little plans along the lines of OEM upgrades, cc, auto lights etc.

Sweet interior! Never seen one with leather seats over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's not over here though :p.

• Advertisement

Interslice wrote: »
    Sweet interior! Never seen one with leather seats over here.

Thanks. They are really nice supportive seats too. Electric height adjust on the driver side and adjustable lumbar support on both sides too!
    Hal1 wrote: »
    It's not over here though :p.

Indeed I'm on the other side of the water, but I think these seats are pretty rare even over here, most titanium spec don't even seem to have leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Redisle wrote:
    Just got myself this after not having a car for nearly 2 years. Think it's my first time posting here in almost as long too! Lots of little plans along the lines of OEM upgrades, cc, auto lights etc.

Very nice. I'm in a debacle atm, between getting a mk2 or mk3. Budget would probably only allow for a 2010ish reg. Been looking for ones on uk websites, and they are fairly poorly specc'd. I was after a titanium 2.0, with push start, 17 alloys and leather seats. The vast majority are cloth, key and 16" alloys. Yours looks really well though. Best of luck with it!

probably a uk car, I looked at titanium spec cars but could not even find sat nav. The seats are nice, good seats are paramount to any car i decide to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Happy at the bottom of The Healy Pass yesterday, as was his driver. Super spin.

23upem1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Finally got the car back this week so decided it was time for a thorough polish and wax etc.

9yBf85.jpg

dc7yH9.jpg

Sometimes I think this car gets better with age... I might be on my own in that regard but I'm going to stick with it.

An older car in top shape, eg your 166 can look better than when it was new. You'd expect a new car to be all shiney and dent free, but a well kept old car is out of the ordinary.

166man wrote: »
    Sometimes I think this car gets better with age... I might be on my own in that regard but I'm going to stick with it.

Still looking pretty sweet! I still glance at pictures of my old Cosmos blue at times. I did miss it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

347651.jpg

Up driving around the girlfriends area, awesome place!
    Weather was awful yesterday but it was still a great spot for a picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

oHHbTXbl.jpg

kwh4a9ul.jpg

Going to miss her when shes gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That is one beautiful car!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement