Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Nice motor, went for the Coupe which is deffo not practical but hey its what I wanted:) Is it a Black Edition or just Sline?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

In fairness my Dad had a 2010 2.7 TDI A5 and it was a fantastic car. Much nicer than an A4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Smithzer wrote: »
    Nice motor, went for the Coupe which is deffo not practical but hey its what I wanted:) Is it a Black Edition or just Sline?

This one is the sline version with the sports suspension. I wasn't too pushed on the Black Edition but I did like the flat bottom steering wheel, it just looks great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

OSI wrote: »
    People say far worse about others cars on here every day, I imply I think the A5 is overpriced for what is and I get flack. Fair enough. I like the A4, I like the A5, it looks particularly well in the grey. I just happen to think the 10k premium when new is crazy.

Funny you should mention the VRS YB, everytime someone mentions looking at a GTI on here they're told an Octavia (Fabia is the class below btw) is the same car and cheaper.

They don't in THIS thread. Unwritten rules and all that, come on you should have know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

OSI wrote: »
    Funny you should mention the VRS YB, everytime someone mentions looking at a GTI on here they're told an Octavia (Fabia is the class below btw) is the same car and cheaper.

Well the Fabia is more of a comparison no?
    To a golf like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

AntiVirus wrote: »
    This one is the sline version with the sports suspension. I wasn't too pushed on the Black Edition but I did like the flat bottom steering wheel, it just looks great! :D

Good stuff, the ride from the suspension can take a bit of getting used to it can be harsh. I went all bells and whistles including the steering wheel, couldn't resist. It looks quality in the grey but I couldn't find one in the spec I wanted so I went with the navy.

Best of Luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Smithzer wrote: »
    Good stuff, the ride from the suspension can take a bit of getting used to it can be harsh. I went all bells and whistles including the steering wheel, couldn't resist. It looks quality in the grey but I couldn't find one in the spec I wanted so I went with the navy.

Best of Luck with it.

Nice one, looks great in any colour, oh and I want your steering wheel!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Secretly I hate my car.

DSCF0285_zpsztdcpm7z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Secretly I hate my car.

Anytime I see you there's a big sh1t eating grin on your face.

East Ferry?

Anytime I see you there's a big sh1t eating grin on your face.

East Ferry?

I can't stop smiling when I drive it to be honest :D

Wasn't East Ferry, this was just past Kinsale as if you were to head to Bandon but take a left instead of a right after the bridge, leads to a dead end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Must take you an age to drive anywhere with all the photos

Must take you an age to drive anywhere with all the photos

It has decent power so it makes it there just that bit quicker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

coming together, whether or not to wrap front and back lip black is the question!

[IMG][/img]Eg5buKK.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Cleaned the car last night and a bloody bird pooped on it today all down the drivers door! Wiped off pretty quick thankfully.

DujvHzh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

New tyres all round now. A world of difference. Drove around 50 miles of back roads last night to bed both them and the new back discs in :D before a near 300 mile spin to west cork today.
    1176z3m.jpg

Bug season has begun :cool:. Killed a few million today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Interslice wrote: »
    New tyres all round now. A world of difference. Drove around 50 miles of back roads last night to bed both them and the new back discs in :D before a near 300 mile spin to west cork today.

Bug season has begun :cool:. Killed a few million today.

The bugs wreck my head perfectly clean car until you look at the front and its caked in them so hard to get off too just a pain in general.

Anyway you have loads done to the car you can't beat a set of new tyres and decent discs and pads they all make a huge difference to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

replaced the front two tyres today so no longer such a gap in the arches.

qtMfgaq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I'm not one usually for it but I think that Corolla would look great lowered a touch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I'm not one usually for it but I think that Corolla would look great lowered a touch

Was thinking the same. It's the lowish profile on the tyres I think thats calling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

IfxV2D.jpg

Went for a midway meet by myself on the way home today lol

Disappointed with the turnout frankly....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

c7LnIaw.jpg

The 'Ferrari'. She's a beeeeaaaasht.

Second car I've ever owned myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

maybe if my suspension needs replacing at some stage haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

166man wrote: »

Went for a midway meet by myself on the way home today lol

Disappointed with the turnout frankly....:D

Looks about the same turn out we usually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

A3351552-CDEF-44B5-B253-DC44585DC39B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You got S2000? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Yeah I picked one up last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That dash is all kinds of cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

NINE THOUSAND? NINE THOUSAND rpm? You'll kill us all!

LOL Apparently anything over 3k can get you imprisoned. If you survive the neck snapping forces.

NINE THOUSAND? NINE THOUSAND rpm? You'll kill us all!

LOL Apparently anything over 3k can get you imprisoned. If you survive the neck snapping forces.

VTAK YO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

So after a bit of a wait I collected my new car this morning :) Very happy with it they done a great job cleaning up the few scuffs on the body.
    Funnily enough I've come around to the silver looks well when its polished up :)

Pictures could be better but it was dull and wet here all day so ill just put these ones up I took at the garage.

3F0DE688-B804-4CC9-A932-440B05729D5E_zpsict942s7.jpg

8DA8C987-2502-41E1-A276-A090225EC5F7_zpszuer9xfu.jpg

3E19065E-C6A5-4FCB-B672-1E33E65B619D_zpsr1w4vgtd.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement