Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Ha...probably quicker than actually cleaning it in real life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I hate trying to get all the bugs of the front of the car they always seem so stuck to the paint. Anyone have any tips or products that help to remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,561 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bpmull wrote: »
    I hate trying to get all the bugs of the front of the car they always seem so stuck to the paint. Anyone have any tips or products that help to remove them.

One of these clothes/sponges, Tesco or Halfords will have them, think they are called Bug Sponge, they work great...

8BugSponge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Half the detailing forum have just dropped dead with shock/disgust...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Half the detailing forum have just dropped dead with shock/disgust...

I used alloy wheel cleaner to do the front of the astra the other day. Great job, the bugs virtually dissolved :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

And the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

alloy cleaner is for alloys, the clue is in the name. You can get several products to remove bugs from paintwork., this is exactly why people import uk cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

2015-05-17%2016.13.31_zpst11ekuef.jpg

2015-05-17%2016.13.43_zpszpwxdnzy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hachiko wrote: »
    alloy cleaner is for alloys, the clue is in the name. You can get several products to remove bugs from paintwork., this is exactly why people import uk cars.

I assume he was joking. Surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

His paint would melt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

this is exactly why people import uk cars.

Probably the stupidest thing I've read all day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

People import UK cars because they love rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Alloy wheel cleaner contains a fallout remover which you also spray on your car to remove fallout (albeit a different name).

Can't see anything wrong with alloy wheel cleaner on paint, and if there is I ain't going to be using that alloy wheel cleaner on my wheels in the first place as you'll inevitably get overspray onto the precious paint work.

CianRyan wrote: »
    People import UK cars because they love rust.

its 2015, this thing about rust probably was true 10+ years ago. Any new (ish) car in England would have little or no rust once its looked after, and in all likelihood be far better maintained than an Irish car and have better specification. My car is certainly not new and has zero rust, this is a myth now more than anything.

its 2015, this thing about rust probably was true 10+ years ago. Any new car in England would have little or no rust once its looked after, and in all likelihood be far better maintained than an Irish car and have better specification.

My mother's Mazda 3 would disagree with you there

My mother's Mazda 3 would disagree with you there

Probably due to shoddy maintenance, a bodywork is only as good as how well the owner will look after it. Most manufacturers have a bodywork guarantee.

how old is this Mazda out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Couldn't help myself . Quick rub of polish today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

951e359b36044bfd60e5cac22e3c9cb6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bear1 wrote: »
    Curious, how does the insurance work when there are 3 people using it?

We use third party extensions of our own individual policies, bear.
    Probably due to shoddy maintenance, a bodywork is only as good as how well the owner will look after it. Most manufacturers have a bodywork guarantee.

You need to sound just a tad more patronising to really get your point across.

Using alloy wheel cleaner as QV said contains a fallout remover which is what's used to remove bugs, a bit of research could have helped there. :)

People import UK cars because they can get fleet cars for absolute buttons and bring them over here to sell on.

I'm also not quite sure that rust on a car is due to a lack of bodywork maintenance, normally it's because it's made badly or there is considerable salt on the roads (which there is in the UK, in case you weren't aware :) ).

2012, with well under 30k on the clock currently. It had rust repaired about 18 months ago.

Shoddily maintained it is not

You're talking ****e

• Advertisement

looks like a problem that lies with the manufacturer, You are saying that car had rust when it was basically little over a year old. I have never seen a car that was ~2 years old with rust. if i was talking shiite hoards of people would not have been bringing back uk cars in recent years.

166man wrote: »
    We use third party extensions of our own individual policies, bear.

You need to sound just a tad more patronising to really get your point across.

Using alloy wheel cleaner as QV said contains a fallout remover which is what's used to remove bugs, a bit of research could have helped there. :)

People import UK cars because they can get fleet cars for absolute buttons and bring them over here to sell on.

I'm also not quite sure that rust on a car is due to a lack of bodywork maintenance, normally it's because it's made badly or there is considerable salt on the roads (which there is in the UK, in case you weren't aware :) ).

Have you spent some time over in the UK? we all know about salt on the roads, I have been here quite a bit and most new-ish cars to me look well kept and no signs of any rust. Certainly rust on a 2 year old mazda is a bit much, there must have been a reason for that car to have rust, like an accident and a botched up repair job.

This salt thing I dont really buy anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Have you spent some time over in the UK? we all know about salt on the roads, I have been here quite a bit and most new-ish cars to me look well kept and no signs of any rust. Certainly rust on a 2 year old mazda is a bit much, there must have been a reason for that car to have rust, like an accident and a botched up repair job.

Yeah, I have spent plenty of time over there actually. Even owned UK cars too if you can imagine that.

So are you saying that the UK import is now a crashed badly repaired car? Why is it that people go to the UK again?

You're diggin yourself a hole here, man. :confused:

Yeah, my OAP mother who does <10k a year, the very same person who had a base spec 12 year old Corolla serviced at a main dealer annually crashed her car and had a bodge repair on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

This thread needs more pictures!

16723627043_8597820303_c.jpg

17236729052_577d7f7e54_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My mam's 09 Mazda 6 is Irish from new and has so signs of rust of any kind, thus, the problem does not lie with the manufacturer.

I'm nearly tempted to buy you a pair if new reg plates for the golf Gvidor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm nearly tempted to buy you a pair if new reg plates for the golf Gvidor

I would gratefully accept them. :P

I'm aware of their condition and I do plan on replacing them but when there's other stuff that needs to be done, it kinda delays that whole plate replacing thing.

GvidoR wrote: »
    I would gratefully accept them. :P

I'm aware of their condition and I do plan on replacing them but when there's other stuff that needs to be done, it kinda delays that whole plate replacing thing.

Ah ya all in good time. I actually need to change mine to metal pressed. The ones I have don't fit in the surrounds properly. Too thick

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    My mam's 09 Mazda 6 is Irish from new and has so signs of rust of any kind, thus, the problem does not lie with the manufacturer.

shoddy ownership then, but hey i am talking shiite.

then again I don't find modded corsas cool so maybe I need new glasses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement