Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

166man wrote: »
    Yeah, I have spent plenty of time over there actually. Even owned UK cars too if you can imagine that.

So are you saying that the UK import is now a crashed badly repaired car? Why is it that people go to the UK again?

You're diggin yourself a hole here, man. :confused:

dont know what you are on about, a relatively new car like that guys mams mazda should not rust after 2 years.

they will only rust if neglected, or else it would be a pretty serious manufacture issue when seems unlikely., Honda IIRC had an issue with rusting sunroofs on the 8th gen and they offered a repair out of good will but only on selected years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Hachiko wrote: »
    shoddy ownership then, but hey i am talking shiite.

then again I don't find modded corsas cool so maybe I need new glasses.

I don't think anyone with half a brain cell finds corsas cool, let alone modded ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I don't think anyone with half a brain cell finds corsas cool, let alone modded ones.

If HAchiko feels the need to drag my comments from other threads over onto here...

What I meant was, there was a time when a lot of people put a lot of money into Corsas and Astras and the likes, i.e - there was a time when it was cool. Like flet spec, thats "in" atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

How about this one? :P

Emelba5.jpg

I had one for a few months. My first car in 2007. A real love hate relationship. Very fond memories of that car. Still wouldn't go near one again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

His paint would melt.

The paint didn't melt :) probably for the same reason the paint on my alloys doesn't melt when i use it on them. i'd have used it a good few times on my vitz alloys that i had painted at a local bodyshop for example and never had any trouble, same with the starlet. If anything i done the paint a favour as i didn't have to scrub hard to get the bugs off.

Just to add to the banter, UK import celica, no rust :)

20150319_175936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The alloy wheel cleaner I used had acid in it, you can not leave on the wheels for more than a few minutes before needing to wash it off or the wheels will get damaged, I thought all wheel cleaners were like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

The alloy wheel cleaner I used had acid in it, you can not leave on the wheels for more than a few minutes before needing to wash it off or the wheels will get damaged, I thought all wheel cleaners were like this.

No you can get a decent acid free wheel cleaner. I wouldn't put an acid based cleaner near any car.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Got my tinted windows done! :)

11253784_1748894945337183_388845989_n.jpg

11304023_1748894948670516_167906433_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You'll be seen anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Does she coo or boo lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Hal1 wrote: »
    Does she coo or boo lad?

Jesus she don't boo at all, I hate the boo with a passion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

My little day to day runabout :) had to buy something cheap an cheerful while looking for my e39 :) tax, test, an driving like a dream all for €500!!!!!!!
    I reckon it will out live us all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Colash wrote: »
    My little day to day runabout :) had to buy something cheap an cheerful while looking for my e39 :) tax, test, an driving like a dream all for €500!!!!!!!
    I reckon it will out live us all

I got one last year for 50 and she passed the test for me :)

Gave it to the brother lately :)

I'm starting to like my Astra now that it's back up and running. Drives very smooth and all, waiting to get tax sorted, change oil, filter, 2 bulbs and then put it through NCT and see what happens. It had 6 months of NCT left when it was parked up so it should be allright... hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

YbFocus wrote: »
    I got one last year for 50 and she passed the test for me :)

Gave it to the brother lately :)

I reckon this one of mine will sail an nct too . Well maybe a tyre or two but there isn't one rattle or bang outa her .130k miles on the clock an it's been handed down to my sister as soon as she gets her license 😁

Could do with a bit of a clean as well. :P

17632118668_53ee2ba5c2_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Them astras are such an under rated car. We had one for 6 years, could count the number of things that needed to be done with it in them 6 years on one hand. Was running perfect up to the day we passed it on. They're fairly cheap to pick up nowadays, decent on petrol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Washed a month ago...

DE035A4E-D796-4180-93BC-0B6ECC6A4623_zpsargczi8u.jpg

26483858-4D11-48C8-8355-FE338E10D9A0_zps4cgmivjd.jpg

Washed a month ago...

A Month ago :eek:

Only home a few minutes, but this was spotless going out this morning. I envy you :(

http://i.imgur.com/wAGQCaQ.jpg

• Advertisement

Did you cut through a farmers field in that focus of yours or what?

Hal1 wrote:
    Did you cut through a farmers field in that focus of yours or what?

That would make sense, but no. All the spray on the roads, narrow N roads, having to keep close to the rough verges if meeting anything middling big. I get the luxury of a good 100k stretch with a smooth finish for a bit. Then down my R road, which is a disgrace and a shame to Mayo coco. One spot you can't avoid the pot holes there's that many of them. Gone through numerous bearings, cv joints, ball joints etc. There's something rattling at the front end atm, must look at it. That's why the mondeo is left parked up most of the time lately, until the roads are somewhat restored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

That would make sense, but no. All the spray on the roads, narrow N roads, having to keep close to the rough verges if meeting anything middling big. I get the luxury of a good 100k stretch with a smooth finish for a bit. Then down my R road, which is a disgrace and a shame to Mayo coco. One spot you can't avoid the pot holes there's that many of them. Gone through numerous bearings, cv joints, ball joints etc. There's something rattling at the front end atm, must look at it. That's why the mondeo is left parked up most of the time lately, until the roads are somewhat restored!

Worried about gettin a few Noccy's in the Mondy eh??

:pac:

I had a rattling in the front of mine and was the anti roll bar bushings. That sounds like a poxy commute though.

rizzodun wrote:
    Worried about gettin a few Noccy's in the Mondy eh??

Just leave now, while you still have some scrap of dignity left!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Then down my R road, which is a disgrace and a shame to Mayo coco.

Roads are grand around my area of Mayo, no pot holes on any of the roads I travel. Mostly back roads few main etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Them astras are such an under rated car. We had one for 6 years, could count the number of things that needed to be done with it in them 6 years on one hand. Was running perfect up to the day we passed it on. They're fairly cheap to pick up nowadays, decent on petrol too.

It's funny that they are so popular on here now. My parents bought a brand new one in 2000 a decent spec one too 1.4 petrol and they hated it I don't think it was even kept a year. Yet now they seem like a decent car for small money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Good car you don't have to pudding alot of effort to maintain them

Dare I say one of the tidiest 1998 pajeros around?

First wax in 6 years of ownership, turned out like a peach :)

QINHt0O.jpg

KUiHvYX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

I know ye are probably sick of seeing pics of this car by now:rolleyes:, but these will be the last pics for a good while, if not ever. Bought a rust free s14 shell at the weekend, and will be restoring it over the summer, lots of plans ahead!

So took some decent last pics of the levin, on her new wheels.

jeJMy1K.jpg?1

YRaoGLX.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement