Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Had the car hydro waxed again today. Pics are crap but ill get some better ones soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

None of these were mine but I grew up around them and some of them even got my interest going in cars and sure you can never have enough car pictures here :) . This is literally only a fraction of the cars my parents had in fairly recent year.

C3BD0ABE-4B23-4CD7-9356-1DE7956785D8_zpsttsfdmfx.jpg

17AD26F1-1089-4EA5-8792-ECE13E27F42A_zpsw8ajnywa.jpg

A059CA7E-8C5E-4AE4-A394-F20ACF736B71_zpsiyum9bts.jpg

D0F2EB5E-EBA8-4DA5-878C-859F07D41A9B_zpsyoejomaf.jpg

EF4CC4B6-FAC4-4CA9-9809-C98F08F131B4_zpsjngnmw2t.jpg

DD7BC143-A39A-4E71-91D2-61FA470572E0_zpsgymbyaf5.jpg

Last but certainly not least where it all began for me the very first vehicle I ever drove on a public road on my 17th birthday oh loved this yoke so many memories in that Megane.
    2353F429-11B8-44D3-8134-6DDAD0FAE959_zpst68rgvh8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Did you ever drive the MG?
    They on my list of cars to live with at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭RyanMGF

Ahhh, that's a lovely MGF! They're one of my favorite cars ever, when I have more space I will be buying another one or two to keep mine company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Said it before and I'll say it again, someone needs to buy a few up because they really are thinning out.

Wish I had the space to keep mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ah I love those MGF's nearly bought one instead of the Mercedes we bought they are mid engine RWD aren't they I'd say they were some amount of fun to drive

I like those Jeep Grand Cherokee too love the looks of them think they come with the Mercedes Diesel engine too but I'd say they're heavy on diesel though ah well sure look :cool:

I absolutely loved that mg so did my dad it was the 1.8vvc 145bhp engine lovely car very original only 50k miles on it we had it 4-5 years it was used as a summer weekend car such a lovely yoke killed him to sell it but lack of use and space meant it needed to go. He spent many and evening thinkering with bits on it. He done a great job on the inside must find a picture cream leather interior.

@cianryan I drove it alright it was a lovely yoke Id love an mf tf 160 trophy at some stage they can all be bought so cheap to.

166man wrote: »
    Ah I love those MGF's nearly bought one instead of the Mercedes we bought they are mid engine RWD aren't they I'd say they were some amount of fun to drive

I like those Jeep Grand Cherokee too love the looks of them think they come with the Mercedes Diesel engine too but I'd say they're heavy on diesel though ah well sure look :cool:

Grand Cherokee was a 225bhp v6 mercedes engine and gearbox some hum of that engine some serious yoke that was probably his favourite he bought it new top spec one too so it was unreal inside. Some serious yoke to tow he used to use it to tow a trailer with 2.4 ton on it a lot you wouldn't know it was behind it. Mpg 30mpg forget about getting anymore than that out of it.

Really like those Jeeps myself too. Something about them

He had one of the first new model navaras that came to Ireland before that one but it didn't even come close that model grand Cherokee were a very under rated jeep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    It'll be coming off soon don't worry!

I must try pick up a hardtop for my wagon, preferably before the winter. Not sure I like them though, it seems to sit a weird on the back on the car. The s2000 hardtop looks far nicer!

Never though id buy a convertible but now i cant get enough of it! Ive the roof down when its baltic outside, stick on he heater and the hearted seats and your away!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I'm nearly positive I've seen that mg around.

Apparently so :D
    Bpmull wrote: »
    Grand Cherokee was a 225bhp v6 mercedes engine and gearbox some hum of that engine some serious yoke that was probably his favourite he bought it new top spec one too so it was unreal inside. Some serious yoke to tow he used to use it to tow a trailer with 2.4 ton on it a lot you wouldn't know it was behind it. Mpg 30mpg forget about getting anymore than that out of it.

Place I worked in had one in stock some years back, it was there a good while but sold eventually. It felt nimble enough for what it was, leagues ahead of a Landcruiser to drive from what I remember.

I'm nearly positive I've seen that mg around.

I have a feeling the people that bought it could be from up around you it was a retired couple that planned on driving it a lot and getting good use out of it.

Augeo wrote: »
    Apparently so :D

Place I worked in had one in stock some years back, it was there a good while but sold eventually. It felt nimble enough for what it was, leagues ahead of a Landcruiser to drive from what I remember.

To be fair, most things drive better than landcruisers, including an Army spec tank....!

To be fair, most things drive better than landcruisers, including an Army spec tank....!

Yet when I comes to Ireland landcruiser is always top and everything else only seems to be competing for second best infairness they are a great work horse but I'm sure a lot of jeeps are nicer to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yet when I comes to Ireland landcruiser is always top and everything else only seems to be competing for second best infairness they are a great work horse but I'm sure a lot of jeeps are nicer to drive.

Oh well that's life i guess, plenty of stuff out there not deserving of their name.

Seems to always come out top but my god they are so expensive those Landcruisers quality of the interior is mediocre at best also, if the new land rovers were reliable they'd be a fantastic jeep time will tell I guess
    YbFocus wrote: »
    Oh well that's life i guess, plenty of stuff out there not deserving of their name.

Oh definitely Auris, Avensis etc the list goes

Seems to always come out top but my god they are so expensive those Landcruisers quality of the interior is mediocre at best also, if the new land rovers were reliable they'd be a fantastic jeep time will tell I guess

Oh all them jeeps are though. I personally think them santa fes were the biggest rob of them all seriously expensive for what they are and the amount that sold were unreal. I said this to my parents before they bought it but no talking them that one was the highest spec you could get in Ireland delux 4wd auto 7 seater. That was a pure pig on diesel 28-30mpg :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Thats not a pig on diesel....

We had the daily van averaging 19mpg, it normally does about 25mpg. Anyone I spoke to about economy on a landcruiser said 22-23mpg. Or the Xantia and 406 averaging the very low 30s on some occasions!!! Then theres the tractor....

For a slushbag 4be4 thats actually alright mpg

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Thats not a pig on diesel....

We had the daily van averaging 19mpg, it normally does about 25mpg. Anyone I spoke to about economy on a landcruiser said 22-23mpg. Or the Xantia and 406 averaging the very low 30s on some occasions!!! Then theres the tractor....

For a slushbag 4be4 thats actually alright mpg

Well I meant for a a smaller jeep / SUV that had a reasonably modern engine comparing like with like sure an articulated truck that does 10mpg might be considered great on diesel if all the rest are doing 7mpg so in absolute terms it's still sh!t but in relative terms it's very good.

Whoops just realised this is the picture thread......

Here's a photo of a boardsies car after the roadtrip we took to Italy, Switzerland and France in April....! Best roadtrip ever...! :cool:

34mTyC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Bpmull wrote:
    I have a feeling the people that bought it could be from up around you it was a retired couple that planned on driving it a lot and getting good use out of it.

Yep, I'll nab a pic next time i I see it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

^^ ummm it's ALPHA ROMEO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hit the magic 100k km today, time for the car to self destruct for no logical reason!

4zxn9g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Cars blowing up at 100k, 150k, ... has become a thing now? Everyone's talking about it lately. :confused:

18902_1401368436859167_9182722343795112354_n.jpg?oh=46e6c0e9f0a3367fa7f1480b822eae11&oe=55FA78B9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

BMJD wrote: »
    ^^ ummm it's ALPHA ROMEO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

latest?cb=20110701192358

Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

20150528_211250_HDR.jpgreceived_10155567216395324.jpeg

Finally got it all tideyd up, Full 3 stage Buff, And ce28s refurbed with genuine sticker, and genuine centre caps on route
    Deiighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Say nothing about the dent in rear door lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭RyanMGF

Handsome car Colash. E39s are absolutely fantastic cars.

The few I've had so far...

9AC2752E-48E6-480A-B972-D1548A56DA04-40228-00002E50F7C717AF.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement