Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

This is a pic of my first car which I have had for over seven years now and which is going this week.

Fantastic car and was hugely reliable but is suffering from rust now and dampness in the drivers side. But as it's my first and only car I have gotten pretty emotional about changing to a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

This is a pic of my first car which I have had for over seven years now and which is going this week.

Fantastic car and was hugely reliable but is suffering from rust now and dampness in the drivers side. But as it's my first and only car I have gotten pretty emotional about changing to a new car.

You're being a tease :D

Ah ****e stupid mobile phone. Picture was too big to post I didnt think the actual post still went through. Sorry guys for all the double posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The Civic scrubs up well in the sun but I really want a set of the twin spoke 17” alloys.

SIYnMoF.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

my 00 golf gti, have it 2 years now. getting the itch...

edit, bloody file uploads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Where is the rust? On the bottom of the quarter panels is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

pah wrote: »

Looks really well. It's always nice to see a genuine example mk4 that hasn't been fiddled with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Probably the last time this car brought me to college and home. At least it kept it's oil in this photo.... I still have me cup :D What a picturesque, eloquent backdrop :pac:

14261016273_214ce6e6e3_b.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks really well. It's always nice to see a genuine example mk4 that hasn't been fiddled with!

Thanks, has a few niggles at the moment, coolant leak, reverse switch and crack on the rear right light housing. can't afford to change so will get these sorted and keep on trucking.

it's very clean alright, nice leather recaro heated seats, came bursting with receipts and history. 152k miles on the clock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

pah wrote: »

Nice car, Mk4 leather 'ricardos' are my all time favourite seat. Cream leather to boot,looks like a decent spec are the headlights xenon?

Edit: if you are replacing the cracked rear lights, i'd change them to the Euro or pacific style tail lights that came on Golfs on the Continent, i fitted them to my own golf years ago, a nice subtle upgrade in my opinion.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Where is the rust? On the bottom of the quarter panels is it?

Yeah on the front quarter panels, the bonnet and underneath the car.

Yeah on the front quarter panels, the bonnet and underneath the car.

I think I see some on the bottom of the rear quarter panels too. I'm starting to see this type of rust on some of these now and its from the inside out. With it being a hatch though, if the rust is caught on time its an easy fix.

All you have to do is remove the back seat and the two plastic panels on each side of the car's backseat. You then have pretty much full access to the inside of the rear quarter panels to apply wax oil.

Now obviously when rust is showing on the outside its too late for this.

These can rust too underneath at the rear, particularly on the crevices beside the rear drains and the chassis in that location also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

arFkcJB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

You went to all that trouble and didnt use the spot-healing tool on your rear alloy kerb marks :pac:

You went to all that trouble and didnt use the spot-healing tool on your rear alloy kerb marks :pac:

It was quick job :P forgot lots, just noticed by mirror and rear door shocking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Lol kinda reminds me of my cars side profile that :p

10317704_752012524833011_1025145017784971755_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Wat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

That golf looks shopped :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ST24 wheels on feshty are nice. Any more pics of that?

yes....it was my wife's (I paid for it :-) ) it is my Son's now so I suppose I'm alright posting a pic here...ST24 wheel was temporary following a puncture

9067nb.jpg

corktina wrote: »
    yes....it was my wife's (I paid for it :-) ) it is my Son's now so I suppose I'm alright posting a pic here...ST24 wheel was temporary following a puncture

I'm not really a fan of Fords, but I must admit that those fiestas are a decent car to drive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Deposit paid, taking possession Monday when it will have 4 new tyres, full valet and polish.

Long, LONG time saving.

I am excite.

lITpbpM.jpg

Deposit paid, taking possession Monday when it will have 4 new tyres, full valet and polish.

Long, LONG time saving.

I am excite.

Tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Marlow wrote: »
    Part of it is also the angle. Here's a picture, that gives a better view.

Marlows TDi van pic was here

Again .. it's down to preferences .. as it always will be. I found it's too much black, too aggressive.

/M

Seen this today in Athlone looks good in the flesh. Didn't get a good look at it as it flew by. I don't think the amber indicator lights were on though but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Love the look of those Fiestas, must go test drive an Eco boost at some stage. Something about them gets me dead excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CianRyan wrote: »
    Love the look of those Fiestas, must go test drive an Eco boost at some stage. Something about them gets me dead excited!

Test drove one a while back, they are pretty damn good must be said.

Long way ahead of anything else in the class imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

My current mk5 Gti Edition 30 Dsg

230bhp BYD engine. This has the bigger KO4 turbo, bigger injectors and stronger internals from the S3, Scirocco & Golf R, TTS etc.

ddd_zps5c390fe6.jpg

edition30new_zps56d28bb5.jpg

And here it is with my old car before I sold it,

Mk4 Anniversary pd150

ef77e6b8-7d2f-4589-b181-1f17696de772_zps0c71972f.jpg

1f7fba77-ab6d-473d-bf1b-9a356bf83704_zps22fa87ec.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

First long trip in the new Levin... smooth as on the motorway!
    Really liking how this car drives, will be keeping it for a while me thinks. €1500 well spent :-)

7H0sjX5.jpg

nBRegXm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

The truck at the limerick retro/classic show
    There were so many felty slammed mark1 and mark2 golfs, much want many sdi!

10401895_10152462380869528_6220776229488272580_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement