Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Alloys are unusual, are they oem or after market?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

robbiew wrote: »

The wheels are original.

You might want to take another look at the title of this thread though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The colour is "pump up the blue" and the alloys are upgrades called Boomerang from Opel.

It has stop start technology and gear shift indicator so that keeps it fairly economical if driven easy.about 4.5 to 6.5/100km

But then again it would have more of a fun factor with a turbo.
    The rear seats are only good for people with no legs, but this said Im 5"11 and there's plenty of room in driver and passenger seats.

Seemingly there is a 1.0 Turbo 115bhp coming on the market in the Adam soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

GvidoR wrote: »
    The wheels are original.

You might want to take another look at the title of this thread though.

Sorry Gvidor, i'll ban myself for 24 hours lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i would have thought that 100bhp would be more than enough to get a little car like that around.

i think they are cool, a clever idea on Opels part.

i genuinely wonder (not in a bad way, necessarily) why anybody who wants a fun looking, customizable, 2 seater city car buys one of these over a Fiat 500 which starts out @ €2k less. I can see them being every bit as unreliable as people would expect the Fiat to be and to depreciate pretty badly too. in my opinion there is a very "Ford Ka Mk1" vibe to them, visually.

I feel like i'm being very critical. I like them, but i wouldn't buy one, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 1b6p6

Sobanek wrote: »
    Washed and waxed ;)

Cleaned it just before it started raining :pac:

ow wow this is beautiful i had one just like it before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice colour, must be fantastic on juice..

Oooo, quoting a picture. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Another pic

Opinions please?

are you a woman? not my taste but everyone has different tastebuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got my car back and put my full straight through exhaust while other work was done. Had to take a pick with friends 1.6 vtec crx :D

DSC_1005_zpslypyv8mf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I like the scooby but I prefer them with a wing. Looks kinda funny without one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I like the scooby but I prefer them with a wing. Looks kinda funny without one.
    I think it'll be grand for traction without :-)

I am not going in to that debate anymore. :) I love my scooby without a wing and u love how it winds up others lol. No pun intended. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think it'll be grand for traction without :-)

I'm not talking about traction, I mean for looks but anyway it's his car and he prefers without but if I owned it , it would have a wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Got my car back and put my full straight through exhaust while other work was done. Had to take a pick with friends 1.6 vtec crx :D
    Looked like it was running pretty well when it flashed past me coming out of Mallow just before 10. :cool:

Norty norty on the undertaking! :pac:

Don't worry - I can completely relate on that particular 2-lane section coming off the roundabout as have done the same myself more often than I care to admit ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    Looked like it was running pretty well when it flashed past me coming out of Mallow just before 10. :cool:

Norty norty on the undertaking! :pac:

Don't worry - I can completely relate on that particular 2-lane section coming off the roundabout as have done the same myself more often than I care to admit ;)

Small world lol.

I'm not talking about traction, I mean for looks but anyway it's his car and he prefers without but if I owned it , it would have a wing.

I like scoobies without a wing. It makes them look more unique too. Each to its own. I would not make a campaign of " take all the wings off subarus!! " :pac: Though I have to admit, it really puts a smile on my face when people get ocd about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gonna need a video of that scoobie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Hachiko wrote: »
    Dia1988 wrote: »
    Another pic

Opinions please?

are you a woman? not my taste but everyone has different tastebuds.

No, I'm a lady!

Seriously though, I get your point. I do feel self-conscious in thinking that the stares I get in traffic are stares in surprise in seeing a male driving it, I feel sometimes like shouting out the window that it's my girlfriends car!

My regular car is a Saab 9-3 1.9Tid, so hopefully that has redeemed my sex status!

@toyotafanboi: I was expecting much more acceleration from the 100bhp 1.4 engine but it was disappointing on the open road. I then checked the 0 to 60mph and it's around 11 secs, that's slower than a diesel Focus I often have!

It is a niche car and is fun and quirky, but the laggy 1.4 engine takes some of the fun away from it

CianRyan wrote: »
    Gonna need a video of that scoobie!

Actually there are few videos done today with gopro. Will need to get buddy to put up in youtube.
    More of a sound of exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

ciarsd wrote: »
    Just changed my E46 coupe 4-pot diesel for an E92 6-pot petrol. Just don't do the miles these days. At this rate, I'll have an F32 next, seeing as I had an E36 previous to the E46! :p

Crazy to see that car here. I rang the lad selling it the day after you bought it, so too late for me unfortunately. One of the best speccd E92s I've seen for sale here. Very jealous of you, let me know when you're selling on haha! Well wear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

11292856_1760244407535570_1092016596_n.jpg

11426688_1760244684202209_2050474552_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Started cleaning the car at 10 am and only finished a few minutes ago. Couldn't stay inside on a day like today!

IMG_2899_zpsm7pypckr.jpg

IMG_2894_zpssgywpqif.jpg

IMG_2901_zpsyaxpslat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Did one more polish. Neighbors definitely think I'm weird. :D

IMG_2907_zpscb5zlxb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That A4 is class in a funnier kind of way. Quite like the colour though..!

Clean looking golf van too is always nice to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Does she reek and have a quare booo hai :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

dgt wrote: »

Not this again...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

dgt wrote: »

Nope, Standard exhaust, And no she's doesn't reek haii :p

ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

GvidoR wrote: »
    Not this again...

My thoughts when i hear vw mentioned :p

• Advertisement

behold, Im sure someone here owns a R32 or a petrol VW.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement