Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A fine steed indeed :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Lovely looking bora gvidor. Sun roof and all. You proved most of us wrong with that swap. Although I suppose you either love or hate the colt you had and it obviously caught someone's eye. Well wear anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

tossy wrote: »
    I can tell that pic was taken early because it's dry :D
    srumball wrote: »
    I agree 100% and they are actually next on the list! What do you use to secure them without the crappy screws though??

Numberplate surrounds as such are fine. Should just be plain black ones if such.

And as otherwise pointed out: chunky 3M tape also does the job.

Even screws through the plate are ok, IF you get the plastic covers in black and white (depending on where you screw through) over them. But I prefer a plain surround and a nice pressed plate.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A last few of the outgoing model ...:(

308580.JPG

308581.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Marlow wrote: »
    Numberplate surrounds as such are fine. Should just be plain black ones if such.

And as otherwise pointed out: chunky 3M tape also does the job.

Even screws through the plate are ok, IF you get the plastic covers in black and white (depending on where you screw through) over them. But I prefer a plain surround and a nice pressed plate.

/M

Screws completely ruin the look of a pressed plater though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Where dafuq have you been dude?

Welcome back! :)

peasant wrote: »
    A last few of the outgoing model ...:(

Outgoing model ? You can't sell that !!

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Where dafuq have you been dude?

Welcome back! :)

I've been here all along. :pac:

Outgoing model ? You can't sell that !!

/M

Can't afford to keep three vehicles either (camper + daily driver + syncro) ...so it has to go soon.
    At the moment it's still 100%, but it won't be for much longer without a dry place to work on it ...which I don't have either, so a successor (Nissan Pathfinder) has already been acquired (will post pics at some later point)

peasant wrote: »
    Can't afford to keep three vehicles either (camper + daily driver + syncro) ...so it has to go soon.
    At the moment it's still 100%, but it won't be for much longer without a dry place to work on it ...which I don't have either, so a successor (Nissan Pathfinder) has already been acquired (will post pics at some later point)

Ah here now. No Nissan Pathfinder will ever replace that ! And if it's the tax killing that, there's ways around that.

A dry place to work obviously always is an advantage.

Drive the camper daily and get rid of the daily driver :) But tax on that Syncro can be brought down. Parts prices and supply obviously is another issue.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Keeping the vw theme going.

It got a bit of a scrub for the DOE in the morning.

17zmet.jpg

aahi76.jpg

Ah here now. No Nissan Pathfinder will ever replace that ! And if it's the tax killing that, there's ways around that.

A dry place to work obviously always is an advantage.

Drive the camper daily and get rid of the daily driver :) But tax on that Syncro can be brought down. Parts prices and supply obviously is another issue.

/M

Parts aren't the issue ..the issue is I need a car and not a hobby :D
    I've had it and looked after it for seven years now, I think I'm kinda done.
    So I'll let someone else enjoy it for a while.
    Right now I can sell it in good conscience (and for a fair bit of money) ...a few more years down the line that probably wouldn't be the case anymore.

Interslice wrote: »
    Keeping the vw theme going.

It got a bit of a scrub for the DOE in the morning.

Best of luck with it. That new cvrt test is gone quite strict. Well it is in kilkenny anyway. No more 10 minute Doe'd anyway. Still I got the focus done a week after the new test was introduced it was priceless seeing all the guys fail. The sheet shock shock in there face the "what do you mean I failed". That transporter looks very clean most of them are wrecked well most vans in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Bpmull wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. That new cvrt test is gone quite strict. Well it is in kilkenny anyway. No more 10 minute Doe'd anyway. Still I got the focus done a week after the new test was introduced it was priceless seeing all the guys fail. The sheet shock shock in there face the "what do you mean I failed". That transporter looks very clean most of them are wrecked well most vans in general.

First time doing one under the new system. The place I go was always tough but fair though. I'm half expecting the rear brakes and the bits of the front suspension and track rods to fail anyway so hopefully not more than that. Is it true the retest is free?

Interslice wrote: »
    First time doing one under the new system. The place I go was always tough but fair though. I'm half expecting the rear brakes and the bits of the front suspension and track rods to fail anyway so hopefully not more than that. Is it true the retest is free?

I dont think its free for a retest about Half the price but not sure. The side slip test is quite hard to get past. The focus scraped by and there was a lot of vans failing on it.

The retest is not free anymore. There's a few test centers that refuse to charge for the re-test.

The Scania truck centers, like Westward in Strokestown, for example refuse to charge for a retest.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

YbFocus wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by spruced up :)

It's cleaned and has a test valid until Jan 2015, chuffed with that!

It's doing a 52 mile round trip to work daily and is not giving an ounce :)

I'll never get as good of value from anything ever again I guarantee that!

Hah, I'm not even sure what I mean by it. I thought you had to "blacken" some of the trim? Maybe I'm wrong though, I tend to forget things easily :o

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Heres my fiesta, great yolk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Hatfry wrote: »
    Heres my fiesta, great yolk

Nope, still can't see it.

US_Navy_021206-N-1328C-501_Signalman_3rd_Class_Tiffany_Culereth_from_Bronx,_N.Y.,_observes_ships_in_the_area_through_binoculars_called_%5Eldquo,Big_Eyes.%5Erdquo,_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

My new VRS tsi

308623.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Hotwheels wrote: »
    My new VRS tsi

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Hotwheels wrote: »
    My new VRS tsi

Funnily enough the best letters there for me are tsi!

Fair play and it looks lovely. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

+1 on the VRS.....You picked a good one, TSI estate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

My wagon. Cleans up well for 240,000 miles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I always liked those audi's. Looks really clean for the milage and in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

My old faithful steed Frankie Focus on my last day with her

Kr6xcaTl.jpg

My new German frauline :)

g2yUzbGl.jpg

lJ0LxyBl.jpg

1ndMZ51l.jpg

wKGtyqRl.jpg

r6irNnUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

CC number four on the forum. We are catching up to the BMW boys.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

At least the BMW boys have different colour cars. Your CC's are all black :P

I do like them a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Do like the CC by far VW nicest car imo just a shame they didn't come with more options on the engine or well more people didn't buy anything other than diesel from new a quick look on carzone and not one petrol amongst them.

A 4motion one would be nice :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Do like the CC by far VW nicest car imo just a shame they didn't come with more options on the engine or well more people didn't buy anything other than diesel from new a quick look on carzone and not one petrol amongst them.

A 4motion one would be nice :).
    With my old focus being a 1.6 tdi I was always going to stick with diesel for fuel economy, plenty of pep in 2nd gear out of her too, 2.0L tdi 140bhp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement