Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Here's a car that I took a picture of this evening, It has electric leather seats, auto dimming mirrors, auto wipers, a rear sun blind, climate control and on of the best integrated control systems of it's time. It also has arguably the most glorious V6 engines ever made. Ant to top it all off a top speed north of 140MPH. The other car in the pic is a Toyota.

8750D199151346369B7889C47E34C306-0000363222-0003780679-00800L-7430F5D2B8EC437CB12CF5587718E5C5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

but its an alfa romeo that is unfortunately the truth. That lexus is probably a daysul. I considered an Alfa Brera for its rarity but only for moment, I value reliability quite high on any cars I decide to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Hachiko wrote: »
    I value reliability quite high on any cars I decide to buy.

And that's why you bought a Toyota right? Good call

Ded, since you constantly have a dig at me, is there any spectacular car you drive out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lads, leave it. This constant derailment of threads has to stop. Nobody wants to watch a mickey waving contest.

• Advertisement

Ded, since you constantly have a dig at me, is there any spectacular car you drive out of interest.

Maybe I should have been clearer. That's my 166 in that picture.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your Lexus but its most certainly not the "special" car you make it out to be. The Lexus might be more reliable than my Alfa but at least the Alfa Romeo 166 is a true flagship of the brand and doesn't share any components with a yaris (not that there is anything wrong with a yaris :))

3 day ban

JC01 wrote: »
    And that's why you bought a Toyota right? Good call

when I last checked the rear of my car it said lexus, not toyota.

I can check again if you like.

Cant believe this is still going on, can some post some pics please

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Lads, leave it. This constant derailment of threads has to stop. Nobody wants to watch a mickey waving contest.

agree, we need to draw a line over this nonsense.

ffs!

agree, we need to draw a line over this nonsense.

ffs!

We're ready to stop with the nonsense whenever you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Came home to the parents yesterday, boot down, flew up the driveway and hit the brakes and got out. Looked back and phew! Nearly returned the favour for my sister hitting my E38 a while back. :p

close_zps55sk9zha.jpg~original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

G'wan the focus! No better car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

h3000 wrote: »
    Kersh who used to post here had/has a Ferrari. An old one but still lovely. I think it was a 308.

I thought that was a kit car?

He also Has a 156 and a 145 qv.

Big fan of the fiat group that chap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Mine on a recent trip across Wales :)

Wales%20996_zpsvcna0icq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Neilw wrote: »
    Mine on a recent trip across Wales :)
    Jesus, when did that happen? What happened to the E86? Serious machine!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

My newest 4-pot diesel Toyota

355879.jpg
    355880.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As far as the RX8 is concerned, the government have been screwing those owners from day 1. The Renesis 13B engine has 2 rotors in their housings. Each one has a displacement of 654cc which means that physically, it's a 1.3. The government weren't happy that it was putting out so much power despite it being a totally different thing to a normal engine so that's why they're taxed "in the middle" as 1.8.

It's basically a situation where they change the rules they set in order to suit themselves and give two fingers to motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Actually government's taxation idea (in terms of RX8) is somehow weird anyway. :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197301&page=574

He's not the kind of "lad" to try that log book craic.

As far as the RX8 is concerned, the government have been screwing those owners from day 1. The Renesis 13B engine has 2 rotors in their housings. Each one has a displacement of 654cc which means that physically, it's a 1.3. The government weren't happy that it was putting out so much power despite it being a totally different thing to a normal engine so that's why they're taxed "in the middle" as 1.8.

It's basically a situation where they change the rules they set in order to suit themselves and give two fingers to motorists.

Was there something about the RX8 engine having 2 power strokes per cycle and that's why it came out as a 1.8, cause the displacement if measured over a full cycle? Could've sworn I read that somewhere but it could be a load of ****e. I was looking for quotes for insurance on an 8 a few years back and when youre filling in the car details section it was showing as a 2.6 litre FFS, the irish motorist getting bent over and ****ed as per usual :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I remember chatting to some RX8 heads at a Midway meet a long time ago who said it was possible to register the RX8 correctly after jumping through a lot of hoops with the motor tax office. I seem to remember the guy saying that it was far from an easy process.

Jesus, when did that happen? What happened to the E86? Serious machine!! :D

I sold the bmw last year, I didnt really like it tbh. Bought the porsche in January :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I sold the bmw last year, I didnt really like it tbh. Bought the porsche in January :)

Air-cooled FTW :D IT was some blast across Wales.

He's not the kind of "lad" to try that log book craic.

tbf the RX8 has a sky high Co2 of over 280 g/km. Even my Manual Lexus is very bad but not that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

tbf the RX8 has a sky high Co2 of over 280 g/km. Even my Manual Lexus is very bad but not that high.

We're talking cc based tax so it doesn't come into play.
    The government just upped there tax for them with no reasoning other than that 2 power stroke nonsense!

Nice one, I will have a 996 one of these days!!
    What didn't you fancy about the BM?

YbFocus wrote: »
    We're talking cc based tax so it doesn't come into play.
    The government just upped there tax for them with no reasoning other than that 2 power stroke nonsense!

in the uk Co2 is the bench mark for car tax, I would say its a bench mark in many countries. I get what you say about the cc, but its still brutal on economy and has massive emissions/burns oil. Owners of them cars can't be too surprised to see they are shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

doubt your e36 had a rear electric blind or adaptive HID lights with washers, or heat and cool leather.

nor smart entry/ keyless go.?

All factory Xenon lights have washers, i had a 2003 Bora with both and automatic wipers,auto dimming mirrors,heated seats... and keyless entry when i left it unlocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Regardless of emissions if this was the uk you would be paying half the cc rate regardless.

But its not.

Hate the irish attitude of "Shurre what would ya be needing that for" to justify screwing people.

Yet its ok to get pissed every weekend because thats our culture.

Nice one, I will have a 996 one of these days!!
    What didn't you fancy about the BM?

It felt very fragile, the electric steering was horrible and it just wasn't a nice car to drive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nice big car there mullingar, well wear.

• Advertisement

Regardless of emissions if this was the uk you would be paying half the cc rate regardless.

But its not.

Hate the irish attitude of "Shurre what would ya be needing that for" to justify screwing people.

Yet its ok to get pissed every weekend because thats our culture.

well £505 which is the top band (i pay 490 just below the top)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement