Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hachiko wrote: »
    well £505 which is the top band (i pay 490 just below the top)

I fail to see what a rotary coupe has to do with a 6 cylinder saloon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

here is my Dasul 420d,

DSC00960-1.jpg
    3e38a25d-9a21-415b-b4cc-9c833afea8df.jpg
    DSC00967-1.jpg
    IMG_5581.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I sold my e60 m5 cause I could not balance a coin on the engine.

Should have bought a 535i so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tossy wrote: »
    :confused:
    https://youtu.be/dS12p0Zqlt0 I can't embed but I think this will suffice..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seriously Tossy, don't bother.
    Here's my wife's pile of ****e, Italian rust bucket, unreliable pile of misery.

Oh and in case my sarcasm isn't clear then it's a fantastic car which has never put a foot wrong, not an inch of rust and a fairly quick car.
    130 horses and shag all turbo lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Is it over here or in Poland?

Either way... woohoo, another Punto. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

GvidoR wrote: »
    Is it over here or in Poland?

Either way... woohoo, another Punto. :)

It goes back and forth, hence why it stayed on PL plates. Thought it would be pretty uncomfortable having it in Ireland but the misses handles it well.
    Have a tag so she doesn't need to stop at tolls.
    Now it's in PL with me, the wife and baby :)
    I'd list the spec but feck all point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Curious of the coin test, I just tested my 120k miled LPG'd LS430

Result :

its noisier than it should be thanks to the lpg injectors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

My other one that I just finished :D

Mk2%20finished_zpsnlrj3k46.jpg

Neilw wrote: »
    My other one that I just finished :D

[IMG][/img]

vVb90lQ.jpg

• Advertisement

Its a nice motor indeed, no idea why he used a M5 engine though. My own thoughts are more along the lines of why put a 2.0 turbo diesel into a car that nice. It's only in Ireland people buy diesel everything. I have seen some 4 series BMWs at work and they are petrols and indeed they are great looking cars.

Ah no Dougal I didnt transplant a m5 engine into a 420d, I was just proving my car history because I feel so inadequate, childish I know.

The 20d engine is actually the most popular in the 4 series range in Britain as well as Ireland. Maybe its because its cheap run, has more torque than a e46 m3 or an is250 which means stronger in gear performance at low revs, which is most suited to mixed driving. They are geared for motorway speeds, and in real life it has all the performance of the m5 in and around the speed limit. Does 40+ Mpg too. A modern diesel is surprising (certainly was for me driving the 20d with the 8 speed auto), and I am a real petrol head, not just a chap that has bought my first car with a engine over 1ltr.

Now a 435i like the one you see in your work, would be nice....I should know here is my old 335i, that was a good engine aright.
    HDR2.jpg

was not as smooth as the v8 in my old 6 series mind you,
    IMG_4104.jpg

I can play this game all day.....mods forgive me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No you can keep posting pics :D I love Beemers just not all Beemer drivers ;)

Looks like you're a bit of a BMW fan, fitzgeme. :P

I love em and hate them in equal measure.
    IMG_5548.jpg
    DSC00555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

That's is a serious BMW collection!! :D Have you had any non BMW big engined stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

well £505 which is the top band (i pay 490 just below the top)

For my 2.5 i pay €1080. At a guess around £800?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

YbFocus wrote: »
    For my 2.5 i pay €1080. At a guess around £800?

£759.35

You were close though.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1080&From=EUR&To=GBP

That's is a serious BMW collection!! :D Have you had any non BMW big engined stuff?

Had an Rx8 (low power version) which drove very well, but drank worse than the M5. Other small stuff. Had a 316i e90 BMW was a ball of crap, has a opel astra saloon I learned to drive in. A mazda 3 from new...good car that, currently have a Mazda 6 estate new model - good car there again a Dasul, extraordinary engine the new skyactive diesel.. I have had all sorts and I know the stupidity and joy of a sublimely fast car, the peace of mind of a new car, the pride of a quality car and the pain of an unreliable car. I love cars full stop, like everyone on here should. I take as much sanctification from a young guy posting a clean and tidy first fiesta on here as a stunning Porsche. Everyone should realize that no matter what you got somebody has got better. And god bless those that have better so I can see them and dream about owning it. Cannot stand fanboys and Bullsh1tters mind you.

355925.jpg
    355926.jpg

Had an Rx8 (low power version) which drove very well, but drank worse than the M5. Other small stuff. Had a 316i e90 BMW was a ball of crap, has a opel astra saloon I learned to drive in. A mazda 3 from new...good car that, currently have a Mazda 6 estate new model - good car there again a Dasul, extraordinary engine the new skyactive diesel.. I have had all sorts and I know the stupidity and joy of a sublimely fast car, the peace of mind of a new car, the pride of a quality car and the pain of an unreliable car. I love cars full stop, like everyone on here should. I take as much sanctification from a young guy posting a clean and tidy first fiesta on here as a stunning Porsche. Everyone should realize that no matter what you got somebody has got better. And god bless those that have better so I can see them and dream about owning it. Cannot stand fanboys and Bullsh1tters mind you.

Perfectly stated! My thoughts exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jesus how times change Fitzgeme in a 420d and me in an A5 2.0tdi

i remember the good times my man :)

seeing as we are getting nostalgic :p

My e46 m3s

Sideonfar.jpg

P1010467.jpg

Z4 3.0si

26042009089.jpg

My 530i

DSC00931.jpg

Even a sportier audi

tt1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

npgl8m.jpg

Oh my Cyrus, those M3's were the business and the Z4...oh yeah. Remember MarkN here too who had a brand new e92 M3 when they were just launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Oh my Cyrus, those M3's were the business and the Z4...oh yeah. Remember MarkN here too who had a brand new e92 M3 when they were just launched?

i do indeed, had plenty of chats with mark via pm back in the day, i think he sold up too

JohnH has an e92 m3 still :)

Done a quick wash and polish tonight...

I can't remove pretty bad swirl marks that show up in direct sun, it will need a good detail when I am loaded :)

355936.jpg

355937.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

^^^ I learned to drive in a red Citroen AX just like that one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Lovely z4

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

God bless you too mate, beautiful words

Wish I could afford an E46 M3, or an E36 M3 for that matter :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Lovely z4

You beat me to it.

• Advertisement

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Lovely z4
    beertons wrote: »
    You beat me to it.

Interesting. I prefer the look of E39, E46 and MK2 TT over the Z4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement