Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

D'Agger wrote: »
    With my old focus being a 1.6 tdi I was always going to stick with diesel for fuel economy, plenty of pep in 2nd gear out of her too, 2.0L tdi 140bhp

Ah yea sorry not knocking it fantastic looking car :), but for those who don't need the fuel economy or who want a bit of extra power it's a shame there's not more readily available.

Even on pistonheads there is only 2 V6 4motion ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

She might be old but she's mine!

[IMG][/img]IMG_1368_zps91b5a697.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_1369_zps52f32de8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Car wash and nnewcar mats

Yay !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Dash too is good !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Car wash and nnewcar mats

Yay !

A set of ford fitted mudflaps would be nice on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Harcrid wrote: »
    CC number four on the forum. We are catching up to the BMW boys.... :)

Give me a year and it'll be 5.

I'm saving up for one, one of the best looking 4 door cars i've ever seen.

I'd like a navy or white one.

The only thing that slightly lets me down is I don't think it performs as well as it looks. Granted I only drove one for about 5 mins so that doesn't really give time for a clear picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Give me a year and it'll be 5.

I'm saving up for one, one of the best looking 4 door cars i've ever seen.

I'd like a navy or white one.

The only thing that slightly lets me down is I don't think it performs as well as it looks. Granted I only drove one for about 5 mins so that doesn't really give time for a clear picture.

+1
    It's nice to see a good looking vw saloon, but a 4 pot diesel FWD is not a good driver's car or anything sporty. It's a pity, as I'd bet the v6 would be nice.

Yeah the interior is stunning too, but 140bhp? Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

+1
    It's nice to see a good looking vw saloon, but a 4 pot diesel FWD is not a good driver's car or anything sporty. It's a pity, as I'd bet the v6 would be nice.

Especially being based on regular passat with much the same dashboard and interior as a regular Passat, which is a bit drab imo.

While they are a nice looking car, I'm not sure I'd call them the nicest looking saloon car, let alone the best looking vw out at the moment.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Especially being based on regular passat with much the same dashboard and interior as a regular Passat, which is a bit drab imo.

While they are a nice looking car, I'm not sure I'd call them the nicest looking saloon car, let alone the best looking vw out at the moment.

For me there not the nicest VW out there probably the only nice looking VW imo but yea shame about the performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

At least the BMW boys have different colour cars. Your CC's are all black :P

I do like them a lot!

You cant give out about the colour of mine. Its almost exactly the same as yours! :p

DSC2_zps127db505.jpg

For me there not the nicest VW out there probably the only nice looking VW imo but yea shame about the performance.

I'd prefer the sirocco to look at tbh
    vw-scirocco-02.jpg

I wont lie when the Sirocco first came out I thought they were a cracking looking car but I quickly grew tired of them now days they don't even warrant a second glance to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A CC in the blue colour above with the same wheels would be sweet.

I don't like them either. The rear looks kind of ridiculous imo.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I don't like them either. The rear looks kind of ridiculous imo.

I don't think so :)
    VW-Scirocco-rear.jpg

IMO the rear lights are far too big on the cc. they disrupt the sleek lines of the car imo and look like too giant eyes looking back at you.

vw-passat-cc-06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Each to their own. Since its launch I've always thought it looked like a squashed Golf. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

IMO the rear lights are far too big on the cc. they disrupt the sleek lines of the car imo and look like too giant eyes looking back at you.
    ]

I thought it was just me. I hate the lights on the back of the CC. They look tacked on last minute to me and huge at that... i know itll be an unpopular opinion but i always thought they were really overpriced for what essentially is a sleeker family wagon Passat.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I thought it was just me. I hate the lights on the back of the CC. They look tacked on last minute to me and huge at that... i know itll be an unpopular opinion but i always thought they were really overpriced for what essentially is a sleeker family wagon Passat.

That ass! Those lights! :D

IMAG0466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

If there is one thing I would change if I could it would be the rear lights. I don't mind them but they are slightly too big for me if I have to find any fault, minor enough that it is. I much prefer the newer facelifted CC rear lights. But I dont particularly like the front lights and grille on the facelifted version either. So give me my front end and newer rear end and I will be a happy campler. :-)

1920px-VW_CC_%28Facelift%29_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht%2C_1._April_2012%2C_Essen.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I used to love the scirocco - I actually remember looking at the exact pics above of the Type R version and thinking I'd someday look to buy that car - but they came out and really underwhelmed me - particularly given that they're not exactly cheap. The front of the car looks menacing though but after that...meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

D'Agger wrote: »
    I used to love the scirocco - I actually remember looking at the exact pics above of the Type R version and thinking I'd someday look to buy that car - but they came out and really underwhelmed me - particularly given that they're not exactly cheap. The front of the car looks menacing though but after that...meh

The pics make it look good because they are low down. From standing height they look goofy, and the standard ones look horrible from the rear.

Can you get the CC with VAGs 3 litre TDI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

It's sunny out, and that's a good enough excuse to take a photo, given the 'damp' weather lately :)
    DSC_3124_zps5o7w21ea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Is that paint or vinyl wrap?

OSI wrote: »
    You painted the lip to? :eek::(:cool:

Yep:)
    I was inspired by a photo of a certain someone else's GTI ;)
    GvidoR wrote: »
    Is that paint or vinyl wrap?

It's plasti-dip, the black separation(between blue and orange) strips are gloss vinyl.

OSI wrote: »
    It looks well, I'd be tempted to paint the grill strip the same if I was you. There's a guy on one of the forums with a Pirelli Edition that painted his strip yellow to match the stitching on the seats and wheel. Looks awesome. Was might tempted.

I thought of it, but I don't know, I always figured the red strip to be integral to a GTI, stupid as that seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

10329275_10152847678878776_7594897279574093622_n.jpg

Had a good wash last night , not a great photo but such a nice car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Killinator wrote: »
    Yep:)
    It's plasti-dip, the black separation(between blue and orange) strips are gloss vinyl.

That's the reason I love Plastidip. :D

the Gulf colours look quality on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I assumed it was wrapped.

Turned out well for plastidip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement