Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Just change the radio and don't be tempted to scangerise it. Biggest waste of money. Just save up for something that you will be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    Put a runx front end on it! :)

That is a runx front :-P

Well wear with the Corolla man, looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Black Toyota badge, Mighty Car Mods sticker, coilovers and nice wheels. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Think its time I put up pictures of the new car. Meh, its not everyones cup of tea, nor is it anything fun or exciting like other members cars here BUT I have high hopes for this car.. I really want to do something with it to make it stand out - change it from looking like a grannys car (ironically enough it was an elderly lady who owned it from new). Anyhow, any recommendations? :D

Before people start saying "why didnt you buy X car or Y car", yes I could have but insurance was a big factor for me. I couldnt say no to this car - 32k miles, one owner from new, tax'd and nct'd for the year, nice colour, not too bad on fuel, and it came up at the right time :)
    Best of luck with it. They are a great car. Just a set of genuine corolla alloys is all it needs really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Go faster stripes ;):D

Well wear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Stick turbo badges all over it... Eejits love fake ass badges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nurburgring sticker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

@mhackett well wear looks like a clean car not a bad colour either. 32k miles is rediculous low it must of went no where. As said above I wouldn't go too mad on it but a few small changes would be good. Also if you do any kind of night driving get the osram nightbreaker I think they are the best halogen bulbs you can get for the money. They make driving at night a joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and suggestions!

Not a liftback ?

Im disgusted :p

I was looking everywhere for a hatchback but I couldnt find any decent ones. When this one appeared I went straight for it. So far about three random people have come to me saying that they were also looking at it! :)

Feck that.

Steelies, bitches love steelies

I sold a set of banded steelies not too long ago. Would have loved to put them on this and see what they were like!

GvidoR wrote: »
    Black Toyota badge, Mighty Car Mods sticker, coilovers and nice wheels. :)

This is a strong thought of mine.. Its my first car and im young, I very much doubt that i'll be able to do it when I get any older!! :p

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. They are a great car. Just a set of genuine corolla alloys is all it needs really.

Thanks! Im happy with the driving so far, have clocked just over 1000 miles and its running very smooth. I was looking for a set of genuine Toyota alloys but they are so damn expensive!

rizzee wrote: »
    Nurburgring sticker :D

On a Corolla? Err I think I'll leave that one out.. :D:D

CIP4 wrote: »
    @mhackett well wear looks like a clean car not a bad colour either. 32k miles is rediculous low it must of went no where. As said above I wouldn't go too mad on it but a few small changes would be good. Also if you do any kind of night driving get the osram nightbreaker I think they are the best halogen bulbs you can get for the money. They make driving at night a joy.

Thanks! Yeah Im thinking of a few things alright, the osram nightbreakers are already on the to-do list - the standard lights are sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Seeing as we are on a certain page.... How many 406's are there in this photo? :)
    19929335595_dbb60b60df_h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Welcome to the club mhackett

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

dgt wrote: »
    How many 406's are there in this photo? :)

It's a trick question, right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mhackett, that colour is called cool blue. It takes really well to polishing. An elderly neighbour has one (02) and it looks like new.

Def get some genuine alloys for it. 15" Yaris tte ones look quite well on that shape Corolla

I'd get facelift rear lights and I think the facelift grille is a straight swap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and suggestions!

I was looking everywhere for a hatchback but I couldnt find any decent ones. When this one appeared I went straight for it. So far about three random people have come to me saying that they were also looking at it! :)

I sold a set of banded steelies not too long ago. Would have loved to put them on this and see what they were like!

This is a strong thought of mine.. Its my first car and im young, I very much doubt that i'll be able to do it when I get any older!! :p

Thanks! Im happy with the driving so far, have clocked just over 1000 miles and its running very smooth. I was looking for a set of genuine Toyota alloys but they are so damn expensive!

On a Corolla? Err I think I'll leave that one out.. :D:D

Thanks! Yeah Im thinking of a few things alright, the osram nightbreakers are already on the to-do list - the standard lights are sh1te!

It looks very clean as is. Keep it stock and have it polished, waxed and looking well. It'll stand out from 90% of the ****e out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Too much dgt :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

welcome to the corolla club too m hackett, no point in ruing a car that clean with ott mods.
    maybe some oem toyota alloys from a t-sport corolla. nice and subtle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

You can't do a whole heap with a Corolla saloon in all honesty, so like a few are saying put on some oem alloys and have her looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Something to spice up the Corolla - drive it through the bales of hay or silage or whatever the hell is behind in the photo.

Farmers....bitches love land!

I didnt think a Corolla saloon would strike so much interest :p for the moment, I think I'll just go with getting new bubls, oem alloys, maybe a set of fog lights and probably a spoiler for the back (original toyota one again, the low-down type).

Personally, I would love to go down the whole coilovers route but the car is too good to do that to it just yet.. Maybe when I clock up more miles :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Something to spice up the Corolla - drive it through the bales of hay or silage or whatever the hell is behind in the photo.

Farmers....bitches love land!

Round bales of silage.

Round bales of silage.

Round???? They look rectangular to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I didnt think a Corolla saloon would strike so much interest :p for the moment, I think I'll just go with getting new bubls, oem alloys, maybe a set of fog lights and probably a spoiler for the back (original toyota one again, the low-down type).

Personally, I would love to go down the whole coilovers route but the car is too good to do that to it just yet.. Maybe when I clock up more miles :pac:

Use original bits and write off the cost when you buy something else. That car will be a rarity...might take 20 years but it will be.

In the meantime well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Round???? They look rectangular to me :confused:

You're from Thurles though.

You're from Thurles though.

And so is mhackett :P

Nothing wrong with Thurles people :p but yeah looking back at the photo the bales do look a bit off, but they are intended to be round ;)

I remember selling a car from the farmyard before (it was off the road for a couple of years, had to be towed away) and the people coming to buy it spent more time walking around the farm and asking about the animals than actually asking about the car! They came back the day after with their kids - I genuinely felt like some sort of tour guide! :confused:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mhackett, that colour is called cool blue. It takes really well to polishing. An elderly neighbour has one (02) and it looks like new.

Def get some genuine alloys for it. 15" Yaris tte ones look quite well on that shape Corolla

I'd get facelift rear lights and I think the facelift grille is a straight swap too.

Im really liking the colour, I havent seen much like it around yet!

Could you send a link to the alloys you are thinking of? The ones I was thinking of are the 6-spoke alloys which are on a lot of Corolla's and even some Prius'.

I never thought about the rear lights but I'll take it into consideration.. The facelift grille is a must!

i can't believe so many people are telling you to leave it alone tbh. it's your car, do whatever you want. Corollas are so so customisable in a tasteful fashion as there are so many models and variants from so many markets that there is an endless list of OEM toyota stuff you can get for it.

if it was lowered with a few factory goodies on it, it would be a really nice car.

you know there is an increasingly popular mod where people fit the inlet manifold, throttle body and injectors from a 140bhp Celica which are all relatively easy to do D.I.Y. and lads are seeing 120~bhp with their 1.4 engines. these parts are direct replacements for the ones you remove and are dirt cheap to buy second hand.

As suggested, facelift tail lights would be a great place to start. without getting into the boring details, there are a host of different interiors and dashboard styles to chose from, T3 seats would look great in that car, particularly with cool blue.

fitting front fogs or the T3 side skirts would look pretty cool too, even more so if you lowered it.

these are the wheels Colm is suggesting, lovely wheels but finding a set might be tricky

nengun-321720-01-toyota-vitz_rs_genuine_15-inch_wheels_set_of_four-33d8eb6229.jpg

you should also keep an eye out for Corolla T-Sport wheels, there is always a set or two on donedeal, they would look great on your car too and being 16's they would fill the arches a little better.

2003_toyota_corolla_t_sport_new_nct_2800114432168499362.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

Some of you might know me or the car from another forum, i'm Sub and this is my 328 sport !
    FbnweeIl.jpg

• Advertisement

getting mighty sick of **** breaking in the Celica. i really liked that head unit too, a modern unit will look so out of place :(

20150724_084557.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement