Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

^^^^^
    That was not a factory fitted unit was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Lots of Celicas have that head unit, i think it came as an upgrade option on UK models along with better speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

i can't believe so many people are telling you to leave it alone tbh. it's your car, do whatever you want. Corollas are so so customisable in a tasteful fashion as there are so many models and variants from so many markets that there is an endless list of OEM toyota stuff you can get for it.

if it was lowered with a few factory goodies on it, it would be a really nice car.

you know there is an increasingly popular mod where people fit the inlet manifold, throttle body and injectors from a 140bhp Celica which are all relatively easy to do D.I.Y. and lads are seeing 120~bhp with their 1.4 engines. these parts are direct replacements for the ones you remove and are dirt cheap to buy second hand.

As suggested, facelift tail lights would be a great place to start. without getting into the boring details, there are a host of different interiors and dashboard styles to chose from, T3 seats would look great in that car, particularly with cool blue.

fitting front fogs or the T3 side skirts would look pretty cool too, even more so if you lowered it.

these are the wheels Colm is suggesting, lovely wheels but finding a set might be tricky

yaris alloys  you should also keep an eye out for Corolla T-Sport wheels, there is always a set or two on donedeal, they would look great on your car too and being 16's they would fill the arches a little better.corolla alloys

Thanks for the suggestion, i love the look of those Yaris alloys! Next thing ive to do now is find a decent car dismantiler that will have plenty of toyota parts, f3ck all on donedeal and none of my local dismantilers have anything (no car dismantiler in Thurles, had to travel to Clonmel, Nenagh and Portlaoise)

Join up on TOC-IRL, always lads selling nice extras. There's a company called "pro fit kits" you''ll find them on donedeal that make replicas of the T3 side skirts, front splitter and spats.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Join up on TOC-IRL, always lads selling nice extras. There's a company called "pro fit kits" you''ll find them on donedeal that make replicas of the T3 side skirts, front splitter and spats.

I'll try get around to all that this evening. Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions, i'll let you know how I get on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

getting mighty sick of **** breaking in the Celica. i really liked that head unit too, a modern unit will look so out of place :(
    Wouldnt happen on a lexus :pac::pac:
    Is it salvageable?

Wouldnt happen on a lexus :pac::pac:
    Is it salvageable?

was thinking i might buy a used Mark Levinson for it :pac:

could be salvageable but it looks like i'd have to break solder to check any further and that is beyond me skill level. i'd say a repair place could do it, but i'd end up paying them the price of a new head unit, which seems a little stupid.

googled that stereos model number and apparently it's pretty common.

the only thing still on the car now that was there when i bought it is the ****ing paint job :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

washed her yesterday. Still need to get fog lights. Bought a polisher a few months ago, but it's amazing when you go to start polishing your car how you notice every chip and dent. Started trying to fill chips months ago and tried to learn a bit of pdr to get minor dents out. Havn't made a whole lot of progress since.

vyPhZ8d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lots of Celicas have that head unit, i think it came as an upgrade option on UK models along with better speakers.

http://www.adverts.ie/audio/sony-double-din-stereo/7178143

only sold an identical one i had indended to wire into my mr2 a couple months ago, there are loads out there-i got this from a msport trd celica friend of mine for 25e when he pimped his out :)

ill keep an eye out for you on the other forums :D oem ftw;)

davycc wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/audio/sony-double-din-stereo/7178143

only sold an identical one i had indended to wire into my mr2 a couple months ago, there are loads out there-i got this from a msport trd celica friend of mine for 25e when he pimped his out :)

ill keep an eye out for you on the other forums :D oem ftw;)

Well thats absolutely ****e timing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Well thats absolutely ****e timing! :pac:

i know would have given it away to TFB for free too:)
    always the fecking way with the sh1t3 timing :o

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

i can't believe so many people are telling you to leave it alone tbh. it's your car, do whatever you want. Corollas are so so customisable in a tasteful fashion as there are so many models and variants from so many markets that there is an endless list of OEM toyota stuff you can get for it.

if it was lowered with a few factory goodies on it, it would be a really nice car.

you know there is an increasingly popular mod where people fit the inlet manifold, throttle body and injectors from a 140bhp Celica which are all relatively easy to do D.I.Y. and lads are seeing 120~bhp with their 1.4 engines. these parts are direct replacements for the ones you remove and are dirt cheap to buy second hand.

As suggested, facelift tail lights would be a great place to start. without getting into the boring details, there are a host of different interiors and dashboard styles to chose from, T3 seats would look great in that car, particularly with cool blue.

fitting front fogs or the T3 side skirts would look pretty cool too, even more so if you lowered it.

these are the wheels Colm is suggesting, lovely wheels but finding a set might be tricky

you should also keep an eye out for Corolla T-Sport wheels, there is always a set or two on donedeal, they would look great on your car too and being 16's they would fill the arches a little better.

It is their car but they did ask. The saloon corolla doesn't take well to mods. A set of genuine 15 inch alloy wheels (like the ones in the pic below) and maybe genuine front fog lights are about they only tasteful mods for the saloon.

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9b35155a36730945d83d32d82f71d6ab6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

My focus

R5Q3UFY.jpg

:)
    xaV0BHZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Lovely colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

My babies :D

<Images removed upon request>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ciano35 wrote:
    My focus

Fairly on point lad!

The blackened headlights really make it.

I think I managed to get reg plates that are fairly spot on to yours in the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Fairly on point lad!

The blackened headlights really make it.

I think I managed to get reg plates that are fairly spot on to yours in the end :pac:

Hey noccy! :) haha where'd you get them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

They're not ST headlights on your Focus ciano are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Hey noccy! :) haha where'd you get them? :)

Plates 365 I think.

One of the bulbs in the fogs went today, I want a refund!! :pac:

Just sitting on the wall looking at mine!

ojpend.jpg

• Advertisement

You've all seen it before, but you're about to see it again. gave it a good going over this evening and gave it another nice coat of sealant and really enjoyed my time around the car. it has a sort of beauty that i see in it, that i'm pretty sure nobody else can see, i just catch it at the right angle sometimes and it looks absolutely savage to me, i'm sure car guys know what i mean... anyway, i set out with my DSLR, all the gear, no idea, to try and catch a photo of what i see. it didn't go well, but here are the results.

sure, it's had more hits than Elvis, the bonnet is now wayyyy out of line from spending so much time propped open recently :rolleyes: the front end is stone chipped to bits, the wheels are kerbed as ****, it has a raft of car park dents, some minor rust spots, the lacquer is peeling on the spoiler and it has had several previous repairs (some better than others) and that's just the exterior but my oh my i love it!

DSC_0285.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0302.jpg
    DSC_0304.jpg
    DSC_0306.jpg
    DSC_0316.jpg
    DSC_0318.jpg

i would pay stupid money for a set of these corner lights on the bumper, i think they would really suit the car. every Celica i find for breaking seems to have one broken though :(

Celica7_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Those lights look US spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

@tfb you have the car looks great :) Actually I always like that shape Celica for as long I can remember. I think the digital fuel / coolant temperature gauge is cool on them just from your picture does the odometer show up on that display too you flick through it is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

I love a full fuel gauge, strangely satisfying, like the car is ready to go for a good spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The Celica looks great indeed, TFB.

So clean. Great photos too. Much better than my potato phone camera. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That shape has grown on me an awful lot in recent years to be fair. Lovely looking motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

GvidoR wrote: »
    The Celica looks great indeed, TFB.

So clean. Great photos too. Much better than my potato phone camera. :P

Much clean
    Very photograph
    Such potato

Meanwhile reassembly has begun with my ol timer (its actually totally done now)

296ojtk.jpg

zx1h05.jpg

Taking it off for a shpin tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Much clean
    Very photograph
    Such potato

You forgot "wow". 8/10. :pac:

where do you get the energy pickles!

i have so many proper jobs to do on the Celica yet every time i have a free minute with it, i end up cleaning it. Then i sign in here and see you have turned another Saab inside out, you're some man for punishment!

you've came a long way from the holy Astra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

where do you get the energy pickles!

i have so many proper jobs to do on the Celica yet every time i have a free minute with it, i end up cleaning it. Then i sign in here and see you have turned another Saab inside out, you're some man for punishment!

you've came a long way from the holy Astra.

That astra is still with us :D and its many many stories :rolleyes:

I usually set aside a day, ignore everything with a pulse and just get stuck straight in,with a half arsed plan in my head, it usually does the trick! I love tearing things apart and putting them back together, and somewhat fixing bits and bobs in along the way too, i literally know the car inside out now :P

Any story with a meet soon? I want to bring this along

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement