Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

[/QUOTE] It still needs a really good scrub and will probably change the wheels on it don the line just not sure for hat wheels yet but its coming along imo.[/QUOTE]

what yous think of these for wheels? 19" of an x5 would they suit?
    Also is there a headache involved in making these fit?

DTmeAw4YxPiGubpZ6gWxvYWbGcKz9X3N0S-O5w6dkUU=w871-h653-no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice man well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

what yous think of these for wheels? 19" of an x5 would they suit?
    Also is there a headache involved in making these fit?
    I have a headache looking at them, but it's your car and your money:).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Don't like that X5 wheel at all myself.

Don't like that X5 wheel at all myself.

yeah I'm not too sure about them myself, their lying around my job so though I'd throw them up beside the car see what they look like.

Would love the 19" spiders but they are a bit steep and I think you can only get 19" replicas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Wouldn't be a big fan of those X5 wheels either. I might be a bit biased but those 18" style 135s you have on it look great :D

dorgasm wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a big fan of those X5 wheels either. I might be a bit biased but those 18" style 135s you have on it look great :D

yeah like them too only if they were an inch or two bigger to fill the arches a bit more they would be perfect!!!

yeah like them too only if they were an inch or two bigger to fill the arches a bit more they would be perfect!!!

Are those 17" or 18" you have? I would have thought the 18" was enough to fill the arches but they definitely look a bit small.

Are those 17" or 18" you have? I would have thought the 18" was enough to fill the arches but they definitely look a bit small.

18" lowering it might fill the arches a bit more but don't want to go down that road. Ideally 20" but for practicality 19" would be bit more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

So here's how it sat a couple of week ago when i bought it

and here it is now

:confused: The same no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Interslice wrote: »

De chromed around the windows,around the kidney grills and put a light smoke over the clear parts of the rear lights ;).

Interslice wrote: »

Only the chrome around the windows is wrapped by the looks of it? Looks a lot better wrapped though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

De chromed around the windows,around the kidney grills and put a light smoke over the clear parts of the rear lights ;).

Subtle mods :D. Looks well

Love the look of it marty.

Very clean E60 with a great interior. An executive car worthy of a thread.

Love the look of it marty.

Very clean E60 with a great interior. An executive car worthy of a thread.

Shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Shots fired.

Air strike launched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Shots fired.

No, No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

not here, not here...

No, No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

not here, not here...

Woops... Let's bury it with pics...

Boring and not strictly my car. But they're on my car now! Dying to see the difference they make.

w64Fm11l.jpg

The latest gen of those tyres are meant to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Not floating my sons boat or anything but I really do think these suit it to a T.

10981222_1063250497035429_8826929343446830908_n.jpg?oh=fec7ad91a87028ce84b54ebbd983af38&oe=56444B46

10983411_1063250473702098_2912167172472120552_n.jpg?oh=22a9e32e2c8774e7056833b9103cc1e7&oe=5641FF61

• Advertisement

The latest gen of those tyres are meant to be very good

I've read reviews of these from years back too, meant to be solid all rounders. You mention the latest gen specifically, have you heard something bad about the older gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Starlet is looking well after a much needed polish and wax. Next step is to put some tyres on my OEM alloys and maybe lower it a bit, we'll see how she's sitting :D

IMG_9705_zpsndgcyuzk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I've read reviews of these from years back too, meant to be solid all rounders. You mention the latest gen specifically, have you heard something bad about the older gen?

Seriously quiet too. I've 40k km on mine and if I swapped them again they'd do another 20k I'd say. Lacking a small bit of grip on the dry for my liking but I find them great in the wet.

Seriously quiet too. I've 40k km on mine and if I swapped them again they'd do another 20k I'd say. Lacking a small bit of grip on the dry for my liking but I find them great in the wet.

Quietness was the first thing I noticed with them, even though they're not broken in yet. The last set were cheapo ones the previous owner had on, so these should be a great difference. Anything around 40k would be great tbh, I reckon I won't have the car at that stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I think it might need to be cleaned

2hgg380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

How my own little car ended up last week. Crashed into a crash. Other driver uninsured. Nobody hurt at least.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414017/356739.jpg

Mod note: Pic too big

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How will that output for you? As far as I know you are at fault for crashing into the back of somebody regardless if they were in a crash or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Not sure to be honest. Thought the same. Was basically behind the white golf. He jammed on last minute with no brake lights and rear ended the car in front then I followed suite. Was told he can't claim because he had no insurance himself. Haven't heard from my insurance yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest. Thought the same. Was basically behind the white golf. He jammed on last minute with no brake lights and rear ended the car in front then I followed suite. Was told he can't claim because he had no insurance himself. Haven't heard from my insurance yet though.
    Pretty sure they can claim, its absolutely ridiculous :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Who in their right mind drives around uninsured with no brake lights?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement