Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Who in their right mind drives around uninsured with no brake lights?

His excuse was he only bought the car...

Guards didn't care they still seized it on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

nd wrote: »
    washed her yesterday. Still need to get fog lights. Bought a polisher a few months ago, but it's amazing when you go to start polishing your car how you notice every chip and dent. Started trying to fill chips months ago and tried to learn a bit of pdr to get minor dents out. Havn't made a whole lot of progress since.

I f***ing love those wheels under that car. And in that colour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I think it might need to be cleaned

The focus ain't too far behind ya, and it was spotless on Saturday. Used to love the nice summer days when a car would still be spotless a week after a wash, tyre shine still on and everything. This summer is a disaster, nearly as hard to keep a car as it is in the middle of winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

brembo26 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they can claim, its absolutely ridiculous :(
    Nothing stopping him from putting in a claim. The fact he had no insurance is pretty much irrelevant believe it or not :rolleyes::rolleyes: Glad the guards took his car:D:D

Picked this up today. Definitely not as clean as my hatchback was but it will do for a runabout all the same. Paint peeling on the bonnet and roof though.

500 tested till next April and good tyres on it.

( don't know how to resize pictures so I'll leave it as an attachment )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Picked this up today. Definitely not as clean as my hatchback was but it will do for a runabout all the same. Paint peeling on the bonnet and roof though.

Well wear, grand job for €500.

Also, if we got everyone on here to use Chrome, there'd be no need to manually resize images!

OSI wrote: »
    Yes, there would. I'm not downloading 10 5MB images to view on my phone because someone couldn't be bothered to resize them.

Fair point. I have unlimited internet on my phone and at home so didn't consider that. Not sure what the happy medium is between high quality pictures and saving bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If you upload to imgur, you can use the URL itself to resize them.

Like so:

i.imgur.com/randomstring.jpg

could be massive, so what you do is

i.imgur.com/randomstringl.jpg

l for large, but it's smaller than most camera pictures.

If you upload to imgur, you can use the URL itself to resize them.

Like so:

i.imgur.com/randomstring.jpg

could be massive, so what you do is

i.imgur.com/randomstringl.jpg

l for large, but it's smaller than most camera pictures.

Yea, the 'l' will turn it into a large thumbnail. The quality is degraded quite a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

dorgasm wrote: »
    Yea, the 'l' will turn it into a large thumbnail. The quality is degraded quite a bit though.
    It is, but it's a decent workaround. I post them as pics, and leave the full size pics as links in case anyone wants to see the dirt on my car close up :cool:

• Advertisement

It is, but it's a decent workaround. I post them as pics, and leave the full size pics as links in case anyone wants to see the dirt on my car close up :cool:

That's probably the best way to go actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

LawlessBoy wrote: »

good luck with the new motor- nice subtle purple tinge to it:)

davycc wrote: »
    good luck with the new motor- nice subtle purple tinge to it:)

Didnt want to post a picture of the bonnet :o, its in a bad way have a mate that can do a nixer on it though if ill be keeping it.

First anniversary of taking hold of this car today. Bang on 20k miles clocked up since this day last year. Most cars generally deteriorate with age, I think however that I restored this one over the past 12 months, however subtle the changes may be.

One of the day I took hold of it and one as it currently stands

2i8ahrd.gif
    ojpend.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I think that's the first black focus i've ever seen? must be a rare colour for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The clear indicators are a nice change but the alloys take years off it.

carzony wrote:
    I think that's the first black focus i've ever seen? must be a rare colour for them?

It's actually a deep navy, looks black in the pictures. But ya, black isn't that all of a common colour on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Starlet is looking well after a much needed polish and wax. Next step is to put some tyres on my OEM alloys and maybe lower it a bit, we'll see how she's sitting :D

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab351/Pops_20/IMG_9705_zpsndgcyuzk.jpg

Nice :)

MOoT464.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Reached 90k miles. Not bad for a 1999 :pac:

C5ixaes.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

11695839_1439307533065257_8325007396285854767_n.jpg?oh=a45f8f98b0df6dab2a9477662e0a2521&oe=564226CF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I must find a picture of the Ol Fellas old 19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Picked this up today, didn't expect it for another couple of weeks which was nice.

2015-07-31%2019.42.03_zps7mn9q51d.jpg
    2015-07-31%2019.41.10_zpsad9nceon.jpg
    20150731_180527_zpswdnri5mv.jpg

Android auto is really impressive too.
    20150731_180640_zpsw0wbhlyk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Nice one MC, well wear. Mine is getting close now, it's due to land in off the boat next weekend.

Is android auto / CarPlay standard in the Skoda? VW aren't even offering it as an option but word is it can be dealer enabled later as it's just a software update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Patww79 wrote: »

Lovely car no matter what fuel it uses.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Nice one MC, well wear. Mine is getting close now, it's due to land in off the boat next weekend.

Is android auto / CarPlay standard in the Skoda? VW aren't even offering it as an option but word is it can be dealer enabled later as it's just a software update.

I thought mine was on that boat but it was on last weekends one. It's standard on the VRS (hence why I didn't spec nav).

Same 184 diesel lump I had in the FR I'm afraid:( But at least this is a diesel that will be used for covering road as opposed to nipping down to the shops. When I went car shopping I was dead set on a GTI but things changed and I needed more space. I keep promising myself the next one will be a petrol but it never seems to happen for me.

To be honest a pet hate of mine is having the badging the same as the petrol variant. Still goes well enough and the newer engines are better in use but you know yourself, still something missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well wear with it MC. What extras did you go with on it?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement