Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Hachiko wrote: »
    a bit crazy for sure but a breath of fresh air over the usual Golfs and the like churned out.

The rear spoiler actually aids downforce and doesn't hamper visibility either.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/eOcLJpon1yw/maxresdefault.jpg

That's an abomination. Especially the two step batmobile wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I love it, different strokes etc! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

11940158_1012243832143211_1693051523_n.jpg?oh=c7a318f2ab46a6f54c5de5548c28ee9a&oe=55DA5577

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Looked and sounded great in real life. :)

BTW, should've turned the phone sideways. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

GvidoR wrote: »
    Looked and sounded great in real life. :)

BTW, should've turned the phone sideways. :pac:

And as they say in GAA, yards of space in front of him, could've got closer for a pic. Fantastic cars though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

So you have a purple car with yellow fog lights purple parking lights and presumably hids or similar

Oh the Irony. :D

"Dapper

adjective

neat and trim in dress and appearance."
    Daaryl wrote: »
    Audi after it's wash :)
    Parking bulbs are purple..

Nail firmly on head ;)
    Nope, I'm just one them ***** who likes to drive with his foglights on..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jeez you can't even post a pic of your own car in the post a picture of your car thread without being critisized for it.
    If he wants to have a pink car with eyelashes over the headlights then he can. Not up to us to like only the owner.
    Dont like the car then don't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

bear1 wrote: »
    Jeez you can't even post a pic of your own car in the post a picture of your car thread without being critisized for it.
    If he wants to have a pink car with eyelashes over the headlights then he can. Not up to us to like only the owner.
    Dont like the car then don't comment.

Ooohh where's my handbag.. :rolleyes:

Well it would be a very quiet discussion forum then buddy :D

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one be it good bad or indifferent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Free speech and all that, I think the general consensus is that the Audi is terrible and having fog lights on 24/7 is not cool, its a 1.9 or whatever TDi Audi at the end of the day that are everywhere.

Modnote -you need to tone down the superiority Hachico, I'm not saying you need to tell everyone their car is brilliant, but on a "post a picture of your car" thread, you don't slag another posters car off, that's just manners.
    2 day ban, with the next one being permanent -colm_mcm

• Advertisement

How is it the general consensus that the Audi is terrible? You're quick to put someone else's car down but the moment you hear something negative about your own you go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Free speech and all that, I think the general consensus is that the Audi is terrible and having fog lights on 24/7 is not cool, its a 1.9 or whatever TDi Audi at the end of the day that are everywhere.

I seriously don't think the general consensus is that Audi's are terrible, in fact I'd say the opposite. For example I'd drive any Audi over the corresponding Lexus ;)

On the particular car posted, I'd lose the dapper sticker and the wind deflectors, and then I think it'd look a very nice, clean car. The colour is obviously not to everyone's taste, but that's a decision than can be made about any car colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Think the Audi looks well for what it is, not my cup of tea but there are plenty of awful looking a4s around that have been modified poorly and look a lot worse than that one. Presume Daaryl is a young enough lad who likes that style so fair play to him for getting it the way he wants, Would imagine it turns plenty of heads among lads around that age, I know a friend of mines younger brother would love it anyway.

Just cos it wouldn't be something I'd drive doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

What would you recommend as a less mainstream option?

Brian Scan wrote: »

Do you realise what you may have just started?? We are all doomed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Not sure what the problem with using front fogs is myself, people tend to use them during the day as a sort or DRL and factory fitted fogs are designed to shine light outwards as opposed straight ahead, meaning they don't blind people at night time, so if people want to be as visible as possible I'm ok with it, I'll take that over a single headlight any day of the week.

Make pics

Not handbags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Ooohh where's my handbag.. :rolleyes:

Well it would be a very quiet discussion forum then buddy :D

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one be it good bad or indifferent.

No one denies that but the unwritten rule is you don't share it in this particular thread. Its more of an appreciation, not criticism thread.

bear1 wrote: »
    How is it the general consensus that the Audi is terrible? You're quick to put someone else's car down but the moment you hear something negative about your own you go mad.

well terrible in having fog lights on at least. A diesel Audi doesn't exactly get my pulse racing but each to their own.

Brian Scan wrote: »

Venturing into Mars seeking out other forms of life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

well terrible in having fog lights on at least. A diesel Audi doesn't exactly get my pulse racing but each to their own.

Me neither but to anyone into their reliability the 1.9 in them is the holy grail.

Think the Audi looks well for what it is, not my cup of tea but there are plenty of awful looking a4s around that have been modified poorly and look a lot worse than that one. Presume Daaryl is a young enough lad who likes that style so fair play to him for getting it the way he wants, Would imagine it turns plenty of heads among lads around that age, I know a friend of mines younger brother would love it anyway.

Just cos it wouldn't be something I'd drive doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

I agree, its not too bad. I have seen worse. :rolleyes:

If It did not have fog lights on all the time I might respect it more, from what I have seen thus far it looks like the driver has them on at all hours of the day and night however.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I seriously don't think the general consensus is that Audi's are terrible, in fact I'd say the opposite. For example I'd drive any Audi over the corresponding Lexus ;)

On the particular car posted, I'd lose the dapper sticker and the wind deflectors, and then I think it'd look a very nice, clean car. The colour is obviously not to everyone's taste, but that's a decision than can be made about any car colour.

If you prefer to drive a diesel Audi over a Petrol V6, well fair play to you.

You probably would be in the minority of most motoring enthusiasts.

But I guess cheap tax and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If you prefer to drive a diesel Audi over a Petrol V6, well fair play to you.

You probably would be in the minority of most motoring enthusiasts.

But I guess cheap tax and all that.

All depends on the budget of the driver. Young drivers will almost always go for cars with cheap running costs because car insurance is already high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

pippip wrote: »
    Me neither but to anyone into their reliability the 1.9 in them is the holy grail.

That engine gives it's fair share of problems. It's far from the holy grail tbh.

We don't know if he is driving around constantly with fog lights on. Maybe he prefers to have them on whilst taking photos.
    Diesel audis can be very very good especially the v6 version.
    But that's a different topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

75bhp of pyore country...

Those steelies look a bit too tidy though, you need to rust them up a bit for full effect

Those steelies look a bit too tidy though, you need to rust them up a bit for full effect

11922047_1013079702059624_228018446_n.jpg?oh=55ab43342748a43c34755d6f03156887&oe=55DB9B7E

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Well you are accustomed to the 200 BHP of the greatest junior executive saloon ever made.

modnote - youve had enough pops at this poster for now. Take a week off to consider the effect this is having on the forum -colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If it didn't explode at 100k then I have some faith it won't explode at 150, although it is now utterly worthless.

Still fairly respectable mileage for a 11 year old daysul :cool:

LZTCcMi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement