Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hachiko wrote: »
    Only the daysul fanboys who wish they had a Petrol use fake tips, that is a proper Golf with ~300hp and it doesn't boo.

Humour still lost on you it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not this **** again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    What about the jappo fanboys with small man syndrome whose narrowmlndness even extends to Japanese car wax being superior!

the guy said he had japanese wax used so I thought it may have been this. I dont give a flying fluck what you think of me.

I use carlack myself, German would you believe.
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    100% agree. He'd say himself that he's up against lads with a "bucket and sponge" and to many people, it's all the same thing!

Not fully sure, he does give details on it on his FB page. He brings it in from Japan and rates it far ahead of the "marketing companies" such as CQuartz / Gtechniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

the guy said he had japanese wax used so I thought it may have been this. I dont give a flying fluck what you think of me.

I thought you were barred from this thread? You're back ruining it anyway.

Edit: I come here to see nice pictures of people's cars, but it descends into absolute drivel when you go on about petrol versus diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,551 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I can only give you a guide price
    250 for a one day job
    200 per day for multiple days.
    This would not include the cost of an expensive coating as far as I am aware.

nd wrote: »
    I see a sign for this stuff in the background of one of Joes pics.

http://opti-coat.net/index.php

Yes, Brian is a firm believer of opti coat.

So you as a Jack the lad who uses Carlack products think you are better then the best man in the country because of this and can try run him down by choosing one of the cheapest products available?

A good swift kick up the hole you need :D

• Advertisement

high horse wrote: »
    I thought you were barred from this thread? You're back ruining it anyway.

Edit: I come here to see nice pictures of people's cars, but it descends into absolute drivel when you go on about petrol versus diesel

I responded to this quote - Just because I quoted a Japanese wax (as mentioned by Joe) suddenly posters are getting their knickers in a twist already.
    Crumbs868 wrote: »
    What about the jappo fanboys with small man syndrome whose narrowmlndness even extends to Japanese car wax being superior!
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    100% agree. He'd say himself that he's up against lads with a "bucket and sponge" and to many people, it's all the same thing!

Not fully sure, he does give details on it on his FB page. He brings it in from Japan and rates it far ahead of the "marketing companies" such as CQuartz / Gtechniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

new wheels, half way there now;)
    360602.jpg

vectra wrote: »
    I can only give you a guide price

So you as a Jack the lad who uses Carlack products think you are better then the best man in the country because of this and can try run him down by choosing one of the cheapest products available?

A good swift kick up the hole you need :D

You need to get off that horse, Joe said he thought the detailer used Japanese wax, So I thought it was soft99 which is a very decent wax.

Then another poster who himself was sitting far too high on his own horse said I am too stuck inside my Japanese box world when I mentioned I use car lack, which does a job for me and its a very decent product itself. Clearly its not up to your exact standard. Wax is wax, between ~£20 a difference between the 2 its hardly day and night. We are not exactly talking Aventadors or Paganis of this world here.

NEK1N7b_RDKUlGS1_aP0CL9kb_QzjqjKZAVLZz9BK-Dl=w937-h732-no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Jesus quite heavy orange peel there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

YbFocus wrote: »
    Jesus quite heavy orange peel there!

Is that not a reflection of trees??

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Is that not a reflection of trees??

Oh it sure is Autosport, but the reflection while seemingly good could be far better without the o peel.

It's like viewing something in HD :)

Left vs Right for example...

1410911_643727992315097_1214458978_o.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My engine bay today, from back in the day when the engines weren't covered in placcy panels.

360607.jpg

OK, yes, in dire need of a detail. That red crackle paint is both a whoer to clean and delicate with it. Though not too bad for an 18 year old. Good honest, lazy dirt. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

B16A?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Has the VTEC kicked in yo? :pac:

In all seriousness, looks nice and clean. Much prefer engine bays like this rather than the new ones with useless plastic everywhere, especially when well kept, like yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Wibbs wrote: »
    My engine bay today, from back in the day when the engines weren't covered in placcy panels.

OK, yes, in dire need of a detail. That red crackle paint is both a whoer to clean and delicate with it. Though not too bad for an 18 year old. Good honest, lazy dirt. :D

Jaysus boss if you think yours is in dire need of a detail look at mine. A bitteen sandpaper and hammerite won't go amiss

20150811_001.jpg

At what point did the placcy panels come in? I first had them on the Fabia and it was tied on with one screw so it would flap about constantly but be a pain in the hole to remove at the same time. Some nerdy weissbeer-drinking VAG employee would probably tells you its for streamlining and noise dampening and all this but I suspect the marketing department brought em in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Yeah plastic cover used to be a PITA on our old Corolla Verso.

Four 10 mm bolts to remove each time you need to look under the cover. Waste of time.

Thankfully the Focus has clips so I can just pull the cover off without having to mess with bolts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

B16A?
    B18C. Spoonsport one with it. There's a metal tag under the manifold and the orangey/yellow paint on the engine number. Same HP, just more blueprinted. Doesn't use a drop of oil either, which is unusual for these. Some are like two strokes on that score. :D
    GvidoR wrote: »
    Has the VTEC mid life crisis kicked in yo? :pac:
    FYP :D
    A bitteen sandpaper and hammerite won't go amiss
    Oh I hear that.
    Some nerdy weissbeer-drinking VAG employee would probably tells you its for streamlining and noise dampening and all this but I suspect the marketing department brought em in
    I reckon it was to make engines look cleaner, "greener", more "hi tech" and less the early 20th century technology they are. As you say SoT, marketing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Im surprised it doesnt use oil, considering its age. Says how good them engines are and they can take quite a beating.

I am absolutely anal about buring oil or losing oil.

I change the oil, filter and air filter around every 3000Km's, so that's one big factor and I never rev it above 3000 Rpm before it gets up to full temperature and I rarely enough cane it*. Do that and an engine should run for a long oul time. These B series were a particularly robust setup mind you, even though when they first came out they had the highest piston speed and highest BHP per litre of any production engine.

*Great fun when I do, but I'm also very aware that it can get a lot faster than my abilities as a driver. Luckily the chassis gives lots of leeway and warning to the hamfisted like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement

Nice. Lovely colour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Another itch scratched off the 'to drive' list. After holidaying the last few days in whest cork brought out the half culchie in me :D. I done the healy on saturday and took a few snaps.

Then on sunday I headed out around the old head of kinsale to do some of the wild atlantic way and back through skib, but got no pics but the scenery was amazing and the rain held off to give some great roads to drive on. Still lots of people about enjoying the weather and camping about.

The next time I'm down that way I plan to head back to kenmare to do the ring of kerry.
    rsz_20150829_140558.jpg
    et_20150829_140558.jpg
    rsz_20150829_142357.jpg
    rsz_20150829_142406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Very nice I am sitting here sniggering thinking did you do that drive about 3 weeks ago and if so we're you being towed by a Lexus..:P:P

Truckermal wrote: »
    Very nice I am sitting here sniggering thinking did you do that drive about 3 weeks ago and if so we're you being towed by a Lexus..:P:P

I was there a week ago hoping I'd catch a glimpse :)

All tinted up and given a quick clean. :)

IMG_3188.jpg

Quick wheel change tomorrow, stick the deflectors on when they (eventually) arrive and that's all my messing done with it, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Maybe it's the lighting but those front windows seem very dark, they definitely in the legal limits?

Tints look great but a bit dark on the front for me, what are deflectors?

pippip wrote: »
    Maybe it's the lighting but those front windows seem very dark, they definitely in the legal limits?

Definitely not legal for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

YbFocus wrote: »
    Tints look great but a bit dark on the front for me, what are deflectors?

Id imagine he means wind deflectors for the windows you know they clip on the top of the window gap are are about an inch in width.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, you could have agro with the NCT and Gardai. Rules state that 65% of light has to get through the front windscreen and front side windows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement