Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Wind deflectors is what I'd say?!

Edit: Cip bet me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wind deflectors is what I'd say?!

Edit: Cip bet me to it

Yeah it doesn't click with me for some reason :)

Yup, deflectors was in reference to wind deflectors. Seen a full set on eBay and went for them. Surprisingly Micks Garage didn't have them (fully expected them to).

Car went through the NCT already so tints won't matter too much to them for another 2+ years. I have always had tints on the front, and they never negatively affected me or my driving (except the hassle of removing them for NCT). I find the Gardai generally won't bother you unless you're acting the clown and messing about or an otherwise heinous criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah it's odd. I could find saloon ones (front pair only) but when I tried to specify estate it said they didn't match (and although I reckon they'd probably have been okay, i figured i'm better off buying a set that actually have "estate" in the description.. also this way I get the back set, too, for only, I think, €15 more.

The tints are great. I have a habit of (not often, admittedly) leaving the backpack open in the back seat, so tints are kinda essential for me. Yer man that does them (pro tint in Dundalk, if anyone's interested) is fairly reasonable, at €150 for a full car, so i reckon just re-doing the front 2 will only cost about €50.

Thats assuming this car makes it to the next NCT in my ownership. (5th car in 3 years driving). I do plan to keep it a few years, though.. hopefully i wont get impatient! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Jesus I really like the look of that C5. Such a smart looking car.

I'm so delighted you saw sense and avoided the Insignias.

I never really seen the hype about wind deflectors. None of the cars have them, pajero has them alright, window can be down about half an inch and you remain dry, but I'd rather just let air in through the air con. The drag off the window being open is annoying too.

One of the transit's has a set on - which are overly dramatic, a good 2 inch lip. They are frowned upon though because you can't put flags up when they are on :D

Patww79 wrote:

Forgot about smokers. Do ye not use the ash tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Forgot about smokers. Do ye not use the ash tray?

My car doesn't have an ash tray

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Vaping is the future hai

My car is as minty as feck inside :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Get a good mod and tank setup, not a crap cheap starter kit that makes a sucky gurgling noise :)

Well I don't smoke, but I got the deflectors cos I think they look nice on some cars, and also because I tend to leave the windows open an inch or so overnight to let air circulate through the car a lot of the time. I find the car feels a bit fresher in the mornings and not as warm inside when you first get in. The deflectors help keep rain out, too, of course (shall it rain overnight).

166man wrote: »
    Jesus I really like the look of that C5. Such a smart looking car.

I'm so delighted you saw sense and avoided the Insignias.

I still quite like the Insignia but once I seen a C5 estate, an Insignia was out of the question. From the moment I first test drove a C5, I was mad about it. I love the dash/steering wheel set up. I think it looks class. Overall a better car inside and out (aesthetically) than the Insignia, in my personal opinion. Obviously I can't comment on reliability, etc.

All tinted up and given a quick clean. :)

http://s29.postimg.org/xxmy0m0zb/IMG_3188.jpg

Quick wheel change tomorrow, stick the deflectors on when they (eventually) arrive and that's all my messing done with it, I think.

Well that was an hour well spent, in my opinion:

IMG_3195_2.jpg

The car had to be jacked up about an inch and a half to fit the new wheels on. Something I didn't anticipate was the ride height of the car changing. It feels much higher off the ground (didn't think 1.5" would make any real difference).

Even just putting diesel into it; holding the nozzle on the pump felt a lot higher up in the air. Felt weird. Although oddly a bit more comfortable to get in and out of it, now. :P

Not something I thought I'd ever be into; but considering getting a set of spacers for the back wheels. They look really sunk into the wheel wells (strangely, the front ones look fine. Maybe it's just the shape of the car?). Don't know enough about spacers to be making a call on that though just yet.

I'm happy with how they look though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The wheels look good.

Don't know how the rules apply when quoting your own pics though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Wow, it does actually look a lot higher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Pov06 wrote: »
    Wow, it does actually look a lot higher now.

Looks much better all the same.

My Corolla went up a fare bit too, but was expected going from 14" to 16" :p

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    The wheels look good.

Don't know how the rules apply when quoting your own pics though. :P

Whoops! Didn't actually look at the post after I'd posted. Had it in my head that it'd scrap the pic and just post the URL instead :o

Fixed now, anyway :)

Looks much better all the same.

My Corolla went up a fare bit too, but was expected going from 14" to 16" :p

Yeah but his wheel arch gap increased too so it seems like the wheels are actually smaller and he just raised it???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Cars going to settle a bit if it hadn't been driven far since being raised to swap them.

Wheels are lovely but you gotta lower it back that inch or so, arch gap is gone too far and makes the wheels look no bigger.

It'd be lovely if you took it back to the original height while on those wheels.

Edit: pov great minds think alike :)

I don't know.. I think I'm happy enough with it as it is, to be honest. :o

The wheel arches are higher up, but they don't look overly silly or out of place (in my opinion). In the picture I think they're more noticeable, than they are in person.

I don't really love the idea of lowering a car...

Cars going to settle a bit if it hadn't been driven far since being raised to swap them.

I'm not trying to be funny, but I've read this twice and can't quite figure out what you're saying. Do you mean it'll 'lower' (settle?) itself? :confused:

I'm not trying to be funny, but I've read this twice and can't quite figure out what you're saying. Do you mean it'll 'lower' (settle?) itself? :confused:

If you got new springs that are higher, eventually they will lower slightly due to the weight of the car putting force on them day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get a set of eibach sportlines. The car will be firmer but will handle a bit better in the corners and looks good.

It won't lean or roll too much then.

3177046180_f1407f8bfb_b.jpg

• Advertisement

I've been noticing this from some posters of late, I can't see why it's always a bad idea??

I've lowered about half my cars, if I put bigger wheels on a car I will always lower it, in reality you are only bringing it back to standard height with the right spring choice.

You can go mad, I have sometimes too, but I can never understand this bad idea/dangerous/destroy your car stuff that it entails.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement