Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

GvidoR wrote: »
    I would have gotten rid of that as quick as humanly possible.

Sacrilege!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

*runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

The car
    IMG_20150815_162953888_zpsjb7hjgdr.jpg

The engine

IMG_20150902_150422970_zpsyanodobo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I would have gotten rid of that as quick as humanly possible.

I put one on one of my cars just for funsies, the vrs had one on it when I bought it. There is also a cancer support sticker on the boot lid that I refuse to remove for superstitious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

the one thing worse than a padre pio is a padre pio half scraped off but they gave up because it was such an effort. then they're left with padre absolutely pissed sitting on the windscreen just egging them on to crash

This must be counteracted by adding 5 more padre stickers :D. Never got to see how many was on the front windscreen.
    2yywd36.jpg

...my current mode of transport.
    2eb50k9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Joe did you have an is250 previous to this?

Nice Focus, Sliceman. It needs a bit of love though.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

YbFocus wrote: »
    Nope, an Exige S1. Old dear next door has an is 250 though. She thinks I'm a reformed cahracter getting a nice sensible family car like hers.:)

Had the Exige for 12 years and fancied a change. Considered Boxster/Cayman but have seen too many with blwn engines at the place where I use to get the Exige serviced.Considered M3 but too many stories about big unexpected bills. Evora very tempting but the huge doors would make it even more awkward than the Exige.

Finally thought of the ISF. In fact although I knew that it existed I did not start to do research seriously until someone here mention it.

Performance similar to M3, the later ones have a proper diff and better handling and a reputation for no unexpected big bills. Says the man who was happy with a VHPD for a dozen years despite it's reputation for blowing up in your face.

Only have it a few weeks so far but seriously happy with the way it goes althou I still don't have a clue what most of the switches do. The seat has more switches than the Exige had in total.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who owns that merc behind the Toyota fancy pigeon? Does it go?

Joe 90 wrote: »
    The seat has more switches than the Exige had in total.

Not always a good thing. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

beertons wrote: »
    Who owns that merc behind the Toyota fancy pigeon? Does it go?

I haven't seen either of those cars since about February...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Nice Focus, Sliceman. It needs a bit of love though.

It does. A few ideas but for the moment though the only love it's getting is a fill of diesel. Finding it hard to warm to it but it is a steady workhorse so I might keep it. Finding it hard atm to convince myself to get rid a car that only sips diesel and has no mechanical problems when it's replacement is a tempermental petrol eater!

Interslice wrote: »
    It does. A few ideas but for the moment though the only love it's getting is a fill of diesel. Finding it hard to warm to it but it is a steady workhorse so I might keep it. Finding it hard atm to convince myself to get rid a car that only sips diesel and has no mechanical problems when it's replacement is a tempermental petrol eater!

I think those Focus estates look good. The interior however might take some getting used to. Give it a wash, get a new set of wheel caps that cover the steelies entirely and it'll look much better for a total cost of no more than €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a very familiar roadside there FP, good luck with the Corolla ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

several chaps over on the LOCUK had is250s prior to a ISF, not that you would know any wiser.

Joe 90 wrote: »
    Nope, an Exige S1. Old dear next door has an is 250 though. She thinks I'm a reformed cahracter getting a nice sensible family car like hers.:)

Had the Exige for 12 years and fancied a change. Considered Boxster/Cayman but have seen too many with blwn engines at the place where I use to get the Exige serviced.Considered M3 but too many stories about big unexpected bills. Evora very tempting but the huge doors would make it even more awkward than the Exige.

Finally thought of the ISF. In fact although I knew that it existed I did not start to do research seriously until someone here mention it.

Performance similar to M3, the later ones have a proper diff and better handling and a reputation for no unexpected big bills. Says the man who was happy with a VHPD for a dozen years despite it's reputation for blowing up in your face.

Only have it a few weeks so far but seriously happy with the way it goes althou I still don't have a clue what most of the switches do. The seat has more switches than the Exige had in total.

Its no different inside than a is250, the Engine and Transmission make it what it is.

Lexus_IS_F_Engine_and_Transmission_Cutaway.JPG

A Lotus is never going to have all them fancy electric seats that you get on a Lexus. A mechanical diff was introduced in 2010 to the F series.

I think there are 2 ISFs in Ireland but one chap in Galway i think is selling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Hachiko wrote: »
    several chaps over on the LOCUK had is250s prior to a ISF, not that you would know any wiser.

Not this sh1t again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Was behind an ISF this evening, black 08 with a Galway reg. Nice burble off it to be fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

high horse wrote: »
    Not this sh1t again!!!

I know!

This Hachiko guy is making himself out to be such an arrogant gob ****e!

And I'm a massive Lexus supporter!

high horse wrote: »
    Not this sh1t again!!!

Its no $hit though, I dont get the aggro with this. People moving from one series of car to another within the same marque, f*** me sideways.

• Advertisement

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I know!

This Hachiko guy is making himself out to be such an arrogant gob ****e!

And I'm a massive Lexus supporter!

How am I an arrogant gob ****e, please do tell.

Was behind an ISF this evening, black 08 with a Galway reg. Nice burble off it to be fair.

white?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Hachiko wrote: »
    white?

Nope.

I like this reg, These cars do shift if the price is right. This sold within 2 weeks, had my eye on it

ptS8aYbyJeULXQCX1B32KP9LmvDCdEMEvBQSA4To4qJq=w1698-h955-no

Too bland in silver, loses its appeal and looks to normal.

You can't beat joe's colour on them!
    Great choice Joe, you just gotta come to a meet now please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Joe's location: UK :pac:

That's the same as Gvidor and him going to meets!

I agree, I was not sure on silver. White looks bad ass on a ISF, Blue also is cool.

Id take the OMG plate tho...

Ah crap! Well if gvidoR can come then why can't Joe make the effort :)

• Advertisement

Joe's location: UK :pac:

That's the same as Gvidor and him going to meets!

Well to be fair, I was at one boards meet and I would have been to the last one as well if I didn't already have plans that day.

I've also met 2 other boardsies at 2 different meets, so I'm not exactly in UK. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement