Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Honda Accord - 04-08 I'm gonna guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Civic
    No boot button

(And I know he has a civic)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I'm delighted that Hachiko guy is banned.

He was an arrogant child that was giving Lexus drivers a bad name!

I'm a major fan of all Lexus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Dia1988 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The less we hear anymore about it the better we will all be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lots of them Lexus in Kilkenny, he should take a drive here sometime and he would be happy and I never minded the car but Jesus he would drive you mad with his ramblings

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Vinny's side view :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

While we're at it, here's the keys to my Toyota :p

Luopy%20Keys.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please don't have a go at banned users. They are not here to defend themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Keys...I've two sets :)

Everyday
    9C553A0A-61A3-41B5-A4AE-68BC6137797A_zpsizebpdfi.jpg

And novelty
    3E0D2D15-B9F6-4A55-9EA3-DFCAFE7C3AEB_zpsshbxjijn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Added some of those chrome covers for the wheel nuts and the wind deflectors, today.

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

I think the deflectors make an enormous difference to the overall look of the car (almost as significant as changing the wheels), but I feel it's missing something in general. Was thinking of adding spacers for the back wheels (they're fairly sunk into the arches) and was also considering getting some kind of a chrome cover for the rear lights (kinda like the Rav4 has). But no idea who would be the person that'd do that (assuming a DIY job would look pretty crap!).

But even saying that.. I don't want to go overboard and make it slide into the tacky category. Still do think there's something aesthetically off though. Feel like there's an obvious or easy modification/addition that'd make it look a lot better. Maybe it's just me. :/

On the subject of keys; I've no idea how some of ye guys are carrying around so much crap on your keyrings :eek:

I know a fella with about a dozen keys, and a a dozen big rubber keyrings of cartoon characters, etc. No idea how he copes.

This is what I have:

IMG_3243.jpg

And I've even often thought of some kind of system to amalgamate the two separate house keys into one. I was looking online before to see would there be a car fob, like my car key above (flick-knife kinda style), and you could have your car key and a couple other keys in it (so all keys in one small plastic block). Seems like such an obvious idea to me, but couldn't find anything. Hate having keys swinging or jingling around when I'm walking or driving. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I don't even have a keyring.

361265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

That is a great looking car now KKV, good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

wow never seen so many car keys, so interesting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

yeah very nice indeed. Looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

I agree with the Spacers idea KKV, wheels do look a bit sunken in.. But just a minor issue!

Also, I like where you have the phone holder & satnav, any car ive been in wit hone have alwasy had it on the middle of the windscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Well since everyone else is doing it...

21168198885_20c714c3ec_c.jpg

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    I don't even have a keyring.

How do you get into your house? :p

Unregistered Users

How do you get into your house? :p
    I grab a door handle, push it down and get in.

yeah very nice indeed. Looks class

Cheers guys. I'm very happy with it all in all. Genuinely can't complain about it at all (I know it's early days though). :)
    I agree with the Spacers idea KKV, wheels do look a bit sunken in.. But just a minor issue!

Yeah I think they'd look a lot better. I've no idea where to start though! There's a place called "east coast alloys" in louth, but they said they don't have spacers that would fit my car. So it'd be an ebay job, and to be honest, I've no idea what kind of spacers to buy (hub centric seems to be mentioned a lot?) or more importantly, how big you'd go.

Also, I like where you have the phone holder & satnav, any car ive been in wit hone have alwasy had it on the middle of the windscreen!

Yeah I notice that a lot, especially taxis (though I suppose they'd fiddle with their phone a lot more). I find having them where they are means they're out of the way when you don't want them, and if you do want them, they're still easily visible, but too awkward to get to if you're driving (so any temptation to play with them while you're on the road gets reduced).

I grab a door handle, push it down and get in.

Keep the house unlocked? Must be a pretty safe area? Can I ask where you live.. exactly where you live... like house number and such.. just out of curiousity, like.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

considering getting some kind of a chrome cover for the rear lights (kinda like the Rav4 has). But no idea who would be the person that'd do that (assuming a DIY job would look pretty crap!).

But even saying that.. I don't want to go overboard and make it slide into the tacky category. Still do think there's something aesthetically off though. Feel like there's an obvious or easy modification/addition that'd make it look a lot better. Maybe it's just me. :/

Adding non oem chrome anywhere on a car is always tacky IMO. Similar to adding crappy mega bright Led drl to an old Audi

Unregistered Users

Keep the house unlocked?
    House unlocked and keys always in ignition.
    Must be a pretty safe area?
    It is safe indeed. Apart from that there's always someone home - I work permanent nights, ms jou works permanent days.
    Can I ask where you live.. exactly where you live... like house number and such.. just out of curiousity, like.. :P
    Yes, you can. Feel free to ask. Do not hesitate. Anytime, like... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gotta have that Merc key ring for the Micra.

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Adding non oem chrome anywhere on a car is always tacky IMO. Similar to adding crappy mega bright Led drl to an old Audi

Yeah that's what I was thinking, alright. Although I do love the idea of the chrome surrounds (wanted to do it on the 407, too). The Rav4 had an actual accessory you could buy for it, but no other cars I've had since have had the option.

Apparently my car has DRLs, but they weren't specced, so they're not available in the menu. From my quick read online, I can (again, apparently) bring it to a Citroen dealer and they can enable them in the menus. Then it's just a case of sticking the bulbs in (all the wiring is there. Supposedly in some cases the bulbs are also there, and it's literally just an update it needs to allow them to be used).

I find DRLs a bit blinding in general, though, so not sure I'd be too fussed.

House unlocked and keys always in ignition. It is safe indeed. Apart from that there's always someone home - I work permanent nights, ms jou works permanent days. Yes, you can. Feel free to ask. Do not hesitate. Anytime, like... tongue.png

Where do you live? :P

Unrelatedly, a friend was telling me about a fun game you play online. It's called "I keep mine in". Pretty much, you post whereabouts in your home you keep your valuables. It's great fun.

You go first, joujoujou... :)

Unregistered Users

[...]

Where do you live? :P

[...]

I live where the star shines. :D

361269.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

CianRyan wrote: »
    Gotta have that Merc key ring for the Micra.

What is that blue key for?
    I live where the star shines. :D

Charlestown?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement