Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

GvidoR wrote: »
    [...]

Charlestown?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Oooh... Ballaghadreen, right?

joujoujou wrote: »
    I live where the star shines. :D

Oh.. That looks quite far.. :o

And not at all where your boards location would suggest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Got rid of the Astra OPC and now got this instead. This's what married life does to ya folks. :(

Unregistered Users

Oooh... Ballaghadreen, right?
    Not really. Actually neither this nor that. But pretty close.
    Oh.. That looks quite far.. :o

And not at all where your boards location would suggest :(

My boards location shows my exact location, to be honest. :)

If you're mislead by "gort" thing, that's normal. The place I live is not related to more known Gort. ;)

• Advertisement

Not really. Actually neither this nor that. But pretty close.

Wherever you are, I probably pass by you almost every week, on the N5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

rob180 wrote: »
    Got rid of the Astra OPC and now got this instead. This's what married life does to ya folks. :(

Should have told the wife to scrap that Mini! :D

Unregistered Users

Wherever you are, I probably pass by you almost every week, on the N5.
    If you go N5, you can see my house from a distance. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Had a very chilled out day today.

Browsed youtube/car sites then watched rugby.

Then decided to go for a 2h spin to east galway while listening to mayo vs dublin to blowdry my washed car.

11993100_1020766197957641_1497456581_o.jpg?oh=aa149ded93014865befd74b2d4bfe424&oe=55EE177C

Just finished my yummy burger now back to browsing car parts i can't afford while having afew beers.

MAGIC :p

If you go N5, you can see my house from a distance. :cool:

Awesome. I'll be heading up to Castlebar again on Monday evening via N5, maybe I can stop by? :D

That's Claregalway, isn't it?

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

No problem at all. Drop me a PM when you're ready. :)

That's Claregalway, isn't it?

Carpark outside Nico's chipper *Yum* :D

I think that looks quite well to be honest. I always have a fondness for SUVs/Jeeps, etc. and I quite like the look of that Sportage. Wheels are class, too.

Interior is nicer than I anticipated. It looks a bit more polished off or refined or something than I'd have expected for some reason. I am very fond of it (leather interior, too, from the looks of it?! :D ).

Personally speaking, I'd much rather spend my time in that than an Astra (or Mini) if I was being honest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

2015-09-05%2021.58.03_zpsmg9pglpk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Got a pic of the OPC?

Here she is at Inch Beach. :(
    You don't believe me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Here's my keys. I used to have a load of keys and loyalty cards but
    I've stripped it way back too annoying having a load of things hanging out of the dash.

image_zpsxwuu2ccn.jpg

You don't believe me?

He didn't even want to go to the beach.

Damn you torquesteer !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

He didn't even want to go to kerry :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What is that blue key for?

That's my house key. Fancy laser dotted stuff. The little one's for one of myany bike locks.

• Advertisement

You don't believe me?

Me? I just like OPCs is all...

I think that looks quite well to be honest. I always have a fondness for SUVs/Jeeps, etc. and I quite like the look of that Sportage. Wheels are class, too.

Interior is nicer than I anticipated. It looks a bit more polished off or refined or something than I'd have expected for some reason. I am very fond of it (leather interior, too, from the looks of it?! :D ).

Personally speaking, I'd much rather spend my time in that than an Astra (or Mini) if I was being honest. :)

TBH, finding the Sportage very comfortable and relaxing to drive. Don't feel the bumpy roads as much as well. Still miss the overtaking power of the OPC.
    Might get a tuning box and an after market SatNav/DvD player for the Sportage.

TBH, finding the Sportage very comfortable and relaxing to drive. Don't feel the bumpy roads as much as well. Still miss the overtaking power of the OPC.
    Might get a tuning box and an after market SatNav/DvD player for the Sportage.

This would've done the job nicely :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10309332
    Opel Zafira OPC 2.0i 16V Turbo 240BHP

CIP4 wrote: »
    Here's my keys. I used to have a load of keys and loyalty cards but
    I've stripped it way back too annoying having a load of things hanging out of the dash.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f378/CIP4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxwuu2ccn.jpg

My dad has one like that for his Espace. I don't like it, it's not even a key. :o

My dad has one like that for his Espace. I don't like it, it's not even a key. :o

Key card then :pac: ultimately a key as without it your not starting or opening the car so same purpose. I'd prefer a flip key myself but I'd then prefer the card to a normal key that not flip. I suppose it doesn't make much difference either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's a key inside it though.

Me? I just like OPCs is all...

It's a head turner alright. Especially that Arden Blue paint. Still not a squeak from the interior trim since brand new. The only major fault was a new gearbox, a well known fault of the Astra OPC. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. Other minor fault was the rear hatch lock jammed and needed a new replacement and one of the keyless entry/start key fob decided to die on me while i was in Dublin. Had the spare key send up to me the next day.
    Overall a very enjoyable experience and the torque steer isn't as bad as J Clarkeson led you to believe.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Your right there is. Although I struggle to see what the key is used for and there are no locks on the doors that take a key.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Well yeah, but then you have to take it out of the card and remove the plastic cover on the door handle to unlock it. There's no workaround the push to start thing though. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CIP4 wrote: »
    Your right there is. Although I struggle to see what the key is used for and there are no locks on the doors that take a key.

There should be a lock on the passenger side door handle, behind a plastic cover. It's for when the battery goes flat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement