Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

As you very well know! Any regrets not keeping the originals on, I remember you being slightly hesitant at the time?

Nope none at all, everytime I come back to the car in a parking lot i think "sleek as fcuk with them alloys" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

40 profile is the sweet spot

I'd say it is. I has 35 before and go over a man hole cover that is slightly slow and all you hear is bang alloys hitting ground and any other bump in road. I now have 45 and is perfect so maybe 40 is the sweet spot as i never tried it and 45 is excellent. I don't have to worry about slowing down in a bad spot on the road which i used to have to do with the 35.

I'd say it is. I has 35 before and go over a man hole cover that is slightly slow and all you hear is bang alloys hitting ground and any other bump in road. I now have 45 and is perfect so maybe 40 is the sweet spot as i never tried it and 45 is excellent. I don't have to worry about slowing down in a bad spot on the road which i used to have to do with the 35.

I have 225/45/17s on mine and find them grand, just like any other wheel i've had as far as im concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Finally got my gtv on the road last week after owning it since November. When I got it it was in a sorry state, very bad lacquer peel (giant patch from the boot to the drivers door), bonnet was cracked and a piece missing just below the badge, gearbox was fubarred and a few other bits and pieces needed doing.

What started out as replacing a gearbox ended up with the engine being taken out :(
    It now has a replacement gearbox, new clutch, new master cylinder, timing, aux and balance belt replaced as well as tensioners and idlers, water pump, new thermostat, replaced the driveshafts, rocker cover gaskets replaced, 8 new platinum plugs, bonnet, boot lid, front and rear bumpers replaced with redder ones and all fluids changed. I also replaced the front anti roll bar with that from a fiat coupe.... :D

It's cost me three times as much I'd initially planned and now that the drivers side paint has been dealt with, I want to respray all of it. I'll have to save for that first though.

However it drives and handles superbly, the Passive rear steering is addictive on twisty roads. Have covered 1300 miles in it since the 21st of may and it's performed superbly, especially considering it's an 18 year old alfa with 144000 miles on the clock. Not drinking any oil either!:)

Next step is a brake upgrade, followed by a few mods to the suspension including polybushing.
    The respray although needed, can wait! How it drives is much more important for me! :D

Throwback sunday, taken pretty much in the same spot, this day last year, didn't even notice it until now

98ec92.jpg

6gfrl0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

That's a great bend that, love that little stretch.

tossy wrote: »
    That's a great bend that, love that little stretch.

Me too, some fun to be had on it, i don't even know where it leads to, i've only gone as far as the hotel/diner thing down the way

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

photo.JPG

Image-1.jpg

My Honda Crv 2005 the day i purchased it in 2012 and as it is today 2014
    2.0 automatic petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Throwback sunday, taken pretty much in the same spot, this day last year, didn't even notice it until now

It's actually throwback Thursday, but ya know, whatever floats your boat....:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Me too, some fun to be had on it, i don't even know where it leads to, i've only gone as far as the hotel/diner thing down the way

It leads to Castledermot/Carlow eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Bought a new lexus is200 sport.
    Here she is (on the left) next to her older sister! She is absolutely immaculate with only 61000 genuine miles. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

weekaizer wrote: »
    Bought a new lexus is200 sport.
    Here she is (on the left) next to her older sister! She is absolutely immaculate with only 61000 genuine miles. Very happy with it.

Well wear, have fun keeping fuel in the tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Taken a few weeks back with the phone

10295431_10152945633453636_2464471910675437062_o.jpg

10295057_10152945633473636_8932153531965918805_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

The truck, in the 'murican section of the longford vintage show

Parked beside the 302 dodge I was ogling on donedeal for weeks

10342003_10152478340364528_541224530890425466_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Taken a few weeks back with the phone

Well wear! More 159s on the road!:)

Even if it is silver:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

pred racer wrote: »
    Well wear! More 159s on the road!:)

Even if it is silver:pac:

Cheers!
    Was on the hunt for a GT for ages but none came up at the right price. Loads up for sale now typical... This came up at very right money and I couldn't pass it up. Great decision in hindsight :D

I'm almost certain my next car will be a 159 Ti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

DSC01298_zps9c4086e8.jpg

DSC01497_zpsd9af1ccb.jpg

DSC01386_zpsa3022f41.jpg

A couple of quick snap shots taken during a road trip along the west coast last week. What a marvellous part of the world. Still can't decide whether to hang onto it for another year or change :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Change Paddy but only if you sell it to me :)
    It's a beautiful car!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If Batman drove a BMW...
    Epic.

OSI wrote: »
    For some reason, I think a 6 series would really suit you Paddy.

I would love a new 6 series Gran Coupe, think they're stunning cars. I'll likely end up settling for an E60 of some sort if I do change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CianRyan wrote: »
    If Batman drove a BMW...

...it certainly wouldn't be a 320d :pac:

Paddy, if you do sell it, not matter who it goes to, it will always be instantly recognizable to anyone on here!

...it certainly wouldn't be a 320d :pac:

Paddy, if you do sell it, not matter who it goes to, it will always be instantly recognizable to anyone on here!

Well, it does have a smoke screen...

I think the latter part is what kills me the most, would hate to see someone else driving it and most likely into ruin.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Well, it does have a smoke screen...

I think the latter part is what kills me the most, would hate to see someone else driving it and most likely into ruin.

Then sell it to one of us......;)

Or someone from one of the millions of bmw forums, someone you know that will look after it as much as you

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

smVsCLp.jpg
    NJNeMRA.jpg

This is what I'm driving this week. It's officially mine, but I am selling it. Getting it all destickered and cleaned up for its NCT this week!

Not exactly a car for diffing in anyway. :p

Feck no! Only reason I'm driving it for the week is because it has tax on it. Otherwise it'd be doomed to banishment!

What are you planning on being in once it's moved on?

My niece is mad for one with a big daisy on it...
    I keep telling her to get a 500 instead but she won't listen, I have two years yet to convince her anyway.

CianRyan wrote: »
    What are you planning on being in once it's moved on?

My niece is mad for one with a big daisy on it...
    I keep telling her to get a 500 instead but she won't listen, I have two years yet to convince her anyway.

I'll be back in a Honda Legend then, cos I need to get that cleaned up, NCT'ed and sold on as well! Might be back in S Type then, or buy something else again. I fancy a S Class but might be beyond me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

OSI wrote: »
    Weren't 90% of them 8 Valve? Crazy when you consider even an early 90s K11 Micra had a 16v.

All the 2.0 engines were, which was the launch version. In other markets the 1.8T was the primary seller. Here eventually moved to the TDI version.

Mine was 20v and 5pot.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Matt Simis wrote: »
    All the 2.0 engines were, which was the launch version. In other markets the 1.8T was the primary seller. Here eventually moved to the TDI version.

Mine was 20v and 5pot.. :)

Was that the 2.3 V5?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement