Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

CIP4 wrote: »
    Your right there is. Although I struggle to see what the key is used for and there are no locks on the doors that take a key.

Look on the underside of the door handle..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

On the Espace, there is a little cover to the left of the handle that comes off, and you can put the key in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There should be a lock on the passenger side door handle, behind a plastic cover. It's for when the battery goes flat.
    rizzodun wrote: »
    Look on the underside of the door handle..

Ah ok there may well be a cover I never noticed. I hopefully won't have to use it anyway could be into issues with the alarm if the battery was to go flat although I think it has its own battery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

rob180 wrote: »
    It's a head turner alright. Especially that Arden Blue paint. Still not a squeak from the interior trim since brand new. The only major fault was a new gearbox, a well known fault of the Astra OPC. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. Other minor fault was the rear hatch lock jammed and needed a new replacement and one of the keyless entry/start key fob decided to die on me while i was in Dublin. Had the spare key send up to me the next day.
    Overall a very enjoyable experience and the torque steer isn't as bad as J Clarkeson led you to believe.

Ah you had the 08 one with keyless go? I like the piano black dash they put in them. 2 of my mates have blue OPCs alright and I never pass an opportunity to drive one of them, the pulling power they have is savage :D One was bough with a gearbox and an engine mount that needed doing, apart from that its running perfect after 9 years and 100k miles!
    Can get a bit wild in the wet but a decent handling car other then that. They make a lovely noise in the Jack Lynch tunnel here in cork too... so Im told :P Wouldnt pay much heed to the drivel that comes out of Clarksons moth about them, Im sure you could get a lot of cars to torque steer if you gun it from a standstill with no hands on the wheel :rolleyes:

Did you trade yours in or sell it privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

There should be a lock on the passenger side door handle, behind a plastic cover. It's for when the battery goes flat.

... 10 years later you finally need to use it and it's siezed! The whole barrell just spins about on my mams megane II. Maybe why they put them underneath the handle now. A spray of grease and a turn every year or so would be no harm anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hard to believe it's been almost 3 1/2 years now

MJCbeQcJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Hard to believe it's been almost 3 1/2 years now

Clothes still not dry?

Interslice wrote: »
    Clothes still not dry?

Probably my favourite boards post of all time! :D

Didnt you sell that car for a while?

Probably my favourite boards post of all time! :D

Didnt you sell that car for a while?

Yup and bought a 2.0T Volvo S60 that literally broke my heart (Would have kept it and saved for something vintage) but it was just too damn unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

@Donnelly117
    She was traded in for the Sportage. Got €7500 for her. It was a good price for her, as other dealers were only giving me between €4750-€5500. Her mileage was 149000k.

• Advertisement

@Donnelly117
    She was traded in for the Sportage. Got €7500 for her. It was a good price for her, as other dealers were only giving me between €4750-€5500. Her mileage was 149000k.

Interesting!! Must keep an eye out for it, Im in two minds whether Im in the market for one! Thinking of moving my Z4 on having had a back injury which makes driving it a bit of a pain :(

@Donnelly117

Well I know it's all down to personal preference and such, and I'm probably the minority, but I'd take the Sportage over the Astra any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

qiVVeZ.jpg
    NmxE94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had a very chilled out day today.

Browsed youtube/car sites then watched rugby.

Then decided to go for a 2h spin to east galway while listening to mayo vs dublin to blowdry my washed car.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t35.0-12/11993100_1020766197957641_1497456581_o.jpg?oh=aa149ded93014865befd74b2d4bfe424&oe=55EE177C

Just finished my yummy burger now back to browsing car parts i can't afford while having afew beers.

MAGIC :p

Love those rear lights, aftermarket? I bought the ST ones for my last car the zetec, and they were class. Any pics of them lit up?

Here she is at Inch Beach. :(
    You don't believe me?

Is she parked up in Dingle a lot?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Love those rear lights, aftermarket? I bought the ST ones for my last car the zetec, and they were class. Any pics of them lit up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Here's my motor.

361356.jpg

Nice one SG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Thats savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

21187808855_23b7523a82_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is she parked up in Dingle a lot?

Yup, i used to work in Dingle.

Yup, i used to work in Dingle.

Might have seen it so quite a good bit! Always a striking car when you see it as it stands out from the others on Green st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

m79Dxhw.jpg?1

gD6Qc3x.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

New grille!

aHjA7NZl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aHjA7NZ.jpg

Pretty happy how it turned out, the old one was in ****e for some reason - every fitting was broken. Wonder did I get hit while parked, the internals are pretty smashed, and you can see the numberplate cracked too. No bodywork damage though, which is strange.

Next up, yeah, get that numberplate replaced. And those mismatching indicator bulbs do my head in every time I see them,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

New grille!

Pretty happy how it turned out, the old one was in ****e for some reason - every fitting was broken. Wonder did I get hit while parked, the internals are pretty smashed, and you can see the numberplate cracked too. No bodywork damage though, which is strange.

Next up, yeah, get that numberplate replaced. And those mismatching indicator bulbs do my head in every time I see them,

Wow what a nice looking car for a 00 :)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Wow what a nice looking car for a 00 :)

:pac:

Yeah the placement of the holes is another problem, I'll drill new ones for the new plates.

And no, it doesn't seem to work on speed cameras :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

looks great skylinehead. did you get it off coxs

looks great skylinehead. did you get it off coxs

No, here:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261311819194?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not sure why, same price. Might have been the free postage, although I didn't check Coxs for that. I've got a few small bits from Cox's before, they're good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

K4t wrote: »
    img]Mazda picture 2

Finally some more Mazda love :rolleyes::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement