Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No, here:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261311819194?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not sure why, same price. Might have been the free postage, although I didn't check Coxs for that. I've got a few small bits from Cox's before, they're good.

you got it cheaper than I did. had to pay for postage. still way cheaper than getting it in an Irish dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Started her machine polishing today, bonnet and boot lid done, rest of car tomorrow hopefully.

DSCF0333_zpsgngospji.jpg

DSCF0331_zps09ng8lpj.jpg

DSCF0329_zps5tgvvtsa.jpg

DSCF0335_zpsjchaqcwd.jpg

DSCF0336_zps13lu7tmm.jpg

DSCF0343_zpspmmbdzv6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you got it cheaper than I did. had to pay for postage. still way cheaper than getting it in an Irish dealer.
    I did get it through ParcelMotel to be fair, so free UK postage + a fiver to bring it down from Belfast.

Honda dealer on the Navan Road wanted 40 quid off me to change an indicator bulb. Got it done for half that off the robbers that are Advance Pitstop, which says it all. I'd be comfortable enough doing it myself next time mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

testicle wrote: »
    Here's my motor.

Looks great testicle, what's it like to live with? Never really got to see one up close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

rizzodun wrote: »
    Looks great testicle, what's it like to live with? Never really got to see one up close.

I love it, mpg is depending on how it's driven of course. I can get 50+ out of it, but I've also seen 35! Back seats are not very practical, you'd fit an adult in there but only for a short run, strictly kids only!

I've only ever seen 2 others on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wonder how low I'll get my car when this is the current situation heading home :)

361413.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If travelling on 'ol boreens I'd say 40mm before it starts getting uncomfortable.

Hal1 wrote: »
    If travelling on 'ol boreens I'd say 40mm before it starts getting uncomfortable.

1 mile lane to my house as pictured..
    Other than that it's main roads.
    It's already roughly 35mm down, I will adjust to 50 and try for a day, see where we are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

YbFocus wrote:
    Wonder how low I'll get my car when this is the current situation heading home

At least ye get ye're hedges trimmed. Ours haven't been done in years. Briars and bushes are gone ridiculous at this stage.

At least ye get ye're hedges trimmed. Ours haven't been done in years. Briars and bushes are gone ridiculous at this stage.

I'm waiting for my Toyo's to get punctured, I'll set those damn ditches on fire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

9QFMZ7X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Is the GTi new? Dont recall seeing it before? Unless I missed it... Nice motor either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm pretty sure I've seen it here once or twice. Lovely car. :)

Is the GTi new? Dont recall seeing it before? Unless I missed it... Nice motor either way!

Had it about a year and a half, only posted pic here once or twice since

String wrote: »
    Had it about a year and a half, only posted pic here once or twice since
    Got any more pics? I like me a GTi :pac:

Got any more pics? I like me a GTi :pac:

Only semi decent ones are the two below, need to start bringing the dslr around with me.

WDf0nB4.jpg

BYOohYr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

OSI wrote: »
    Never a fan of the GTI myself.
    :pac: The Mk6 looks much better in red than the 5 ever did. Looks great String. Is it a manual or DSG?

It's dsg. I can't see myself driving any other car, there is very few decent petrol cars around that are practical, that I like. had the mk5 gti before and now thinking with all the mk7 R's around the place, I might try and pick one up in a few years.

Snap. 3 times I've put my own up for sale, in the hope of finding something to replace my 5 with. But I just can't find something that offers the same all round package that I can justify the jump in cost on.

I'm the same, if I could afford a brand new car there would be loads of cars I'd consider but there are very few used around. I would love the new Focus ST but I haven't seen 1 on the road so doubt there will be many decent priced used in a few years.

You might consider MK7 Golf R SportWagen as your next car? Those look amazing, are very practical and have lots of power.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    You might consider MK7 Golf R SportWagen as your next car? Those look amazing, are very practical and have lots of power.

I know the US are getting them but not sure if we are over here with that engine?

String wrote: »
    I know the US are getting them but not sure if we are over here with that engine?

I hadn't thought of that. You might be right, I mean it's nearly impossible to find a MK4 Golf estate with 1.8T here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Golf R estate is not available in Ireland. You would have to import one from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there were something like 2 golf estates regged in 2011 in Ireland.

The modern Golf estates look terrible. It's incredible that VAG manage to get the A3 Sportwagon so right, and the Golf Estate so wrong.

What?

18770331168_83e65abd57.jpg

VW-Golf-R-Sportwagen-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

OSI wrote:
    The modern Golf estates look terrible. It's incredible that VAG manage to get the A3 Sportwagon so right, and the Golf Estate so wrong.

Ya, I wouldn't be the biggest fan of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

@String: Those pipes could do with a bang of autosol, getting them shinning again.

GvidoR wrote: »
    What?

The MK6 didnt exactly roll out of the factory like that though in fairness... Few mods would make any car look good...

The MK6 didnt exactly roll out of the factory like that though in fairness... Few mods would make any car look good...

That is MK7.

MK6 Golf estate was the same as MK5 apart from the front end for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

IMO most cars look better in estate version, including that Golf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement