Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    ...which means you wont have to move the front seats in order to put boxes of car parts in the car.

You'd hope there'd be a very limited number of boxes of parts going into the back of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Very nice Dar, well wear, carbon grey is the nicest colour on them IMO. What spec is on it? Performance pack anyway I can see...

PP and Colour aside, it's pretty much base spec, which oddly for a VW comes with a lot of stuff as you well know. The only thing it doesn't have that I might have wanted also are the Santiago's, but given the deal I got on it I can live without them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You'd hope there'd be a very limited number of boxes of parts going into the back of it ;)

I'm not questioning the reliability. The boxes could contain upgrades. :)

What did you have before it dar?

11953478_10153038458642327_2707935724381922755_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

dar83 wrote: »
    PP and Colour aside, it's pretty much base spec, which oddly for a VW comes with a lot of stuff as you well know. The only thing it doesn't have that I might have wanted also are the Santiago's, but given the deal I got on it I can live without them. :)

Yeah the standard spec is great now, there's not a whole lot extra to tick!

The santiagos are lovely but a real pain in the arse to clean if keeping it clean is your thing. Lots of small nooks and crannys in the spokes. Plus the tyres on them are an unusual size - replacements cost a bomb!

• Advertisement

Yeah I did think that through as well as they're 235 19's right? It definitely helped soften not getting them anyway, as it would be a great idea until it was time to replace them!

As for extras, there's only really large ticket items to go for and I'm not pushed on having a sunroof or paying nearly 2k for leather seats. The upgraded media/audio would have been nice, but again the cost for what it is, is extortionate and the money is better spent on the LSD with the performance pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah I did think that through as well as they're 235 19's right? It definitely helped soften not getting them anyway, as it would be a great idea until it was time to replace them!

As for extras, there's only really large ticket items to go for and I'm not pushed on having a sunroof or paying nearly 2k for leather seats. The upgraded media/audio would have been nice, but again the cost for what it is, is extortionate and the money is better spent on the LSD with the performance pack.

Last time I looked, they were putting 225/35's on the GTI Santiago's whereas my R has 235's. No idea why, more strange VW logic! I put leather in the R cos the standard cloth is no great shakes. I like the tartan in the GTI - the alcatantara is a nice upgrade but that's 800 odd too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

How would you compare it to the ST Dar?

Jesus. wrote: »
    How would you compare it to the ST Dar?

I've only had limited experience with it so far, but it's similar in ways (obviously) and then completely different also. There's less sense of occasion when you put the boot down compared to the ST but slightly less lag compared to the ST also.

I'll need more time with it to give more worthwhile feedback, so leave it with me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My new 430 GC

DSC_5540.jpg

DSC_5534.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Beautiful car CH, well wear! Where's the motor you had before that? :D

Beautiful car CH, well wear! Where's the motor you had before that? :D

Oh that would be confidential - although I've been assured it's going to a good home :D

DSC_5550.jpg

YbFocus wrote: »
    I recognise those wheels on your old car would you believe :)

Ah shur there's loads of them around.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Your 430 GC and the other 420 GC on here seriously has me tempted, a fantastic looking car, blue is the only way to go. I'd be unchecking the rear tint option myself, but everyone has their own tastes. Your larger rim makes all the difference too.

YbFocus wrote: »
    It's funny that MM put up a pic the other day of those wheels for some reason! :p

Just saying that I like those wheels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Oh that would be confidential - although I've been assured it's going to a good home

There's a fair size difference between them! I know one is further back, but still!

Your 430 GC and the other 420 GC on here seriously has me tempted, a fantastic looking car, blue is the only way to go. I'd be unchecking the rear tint option myself, but everyone has their own tastes. Your larger rim makes all the difference too.

Not mad about it myself but it's part of the MSport plus pack - wheels/brakes/Harmon Kardon sound and I don't think you can exclude it other than adding the bits individually which is more expensive.

Not mad about it myself but it's part of the MSport plus pack - wheels/brakes/Harmon Kardon sound and I don't think you can exclude it other than adding the bits individually which is more expensive.

Really, that's odd. Thought I remembered seeing an option for removing rear privacy glass online, must not apply in practice which is often the case. Still looks great all the same. Can you spec orange metallic or is that just the Ms?

Want that Mark Levinson?

No, twas Hachiko :pac:
    Can you spec orange metallic or is that just the Ms?

There's a difference between "M Braking System" (4 pot Brembos) and "M Performance Brakes" which I think are on the M cars. It's only the M Performance Brakes that you can get orange, yellow and red calipers.

There's a difference between "M Braking System" (4 pot Brembos) and "M Performance Brakes" which I think are on the M cars. It's only the M Performance Brakes that you can get orange, yellow and red calipers.

:pac: No idea what made you think I meant the colour of the brakes, I meant the colour of the car.

• Advertisement

:pac: No idea what made you think I meant the colour of the brakes, I meant the colour of the car.

I was only reading about the brakes yesterday so that's what clicked in my head immediately.

Well at least you know now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I like the rear factory privacy glass, have it on my current car and had it on my previous car.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Haven't posted in awhile. Car just flew through the NCT first go today. 270,000kms and going strong :) Happy days

SSPeyum.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

bazz26 wrote: »
    I like the rear factory privacy glass, have it on my current car and had it on my previous car.

I think it looks great in some cars. I've an f10 with it in silver and if I see one in silver without it I don't think it looks as nice. Also handy for babies in back etc.

Personal choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

What is this car ?
    I like it anyway, big fan of the bi color when done properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

bmstuff wrote: »
    What is this car ?
    I like it anyway, big fan of the bi color when done properly

Levin me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yep a Levin. really hides the awkward half bumper arrangement that Toyota an a few other Japanese manufacturers tried in the 90s.
    car looks awesome now. the wheels look the biz

Ae111 levin indeed. Lovely little car to drive, no rocketship in a straight line but a proper driver's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Ae111 levin indeed. Lovely little car to drive, no rocketship in a straight line but a proper driver's car.

Saw the pics here before but passed it parked up the other day and it looks well..

• Advertisement

Saw the pics here before but passed it parked up the other day and it looks well..

Cheers, where abouts did you spot me? Been everywhere and anywhere over the past few weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement