Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

'tis amazing how a garage is able to tidy up an aul neglected yoke all the same...

P.S. What do you think of the adaptive headlights?

PPS The shopping hook in the 430 folds away - cool or wha'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I think the lights are very good. Kinda frightened me the first time they pointed left. I thought they were fooked haha I used the auto dimming feature last night too and it's very handy but kinda hard to get used to and to trusting a machine!

If Fear Factory have taught me anything it's never trust the machine :pac:

A folding shopping hook!? :eek: I think I want a 430 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Surprised you've still got the garage sticker in the back window... :P

dar83 wrote: »

I've been too busy driving it to do anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm surprised 99% people leave them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Class motor, 6 cylinders too, not many of those about. I'd say it's very fast when you need to pass something. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I've been too busy driving it to do anything else!

Just wait until next weekend when the first wash rolls around, then we'll see. ;)

Just wait until next weekend when the first wash rolls around, then we'll see. ;)

Oh I have no doubt! might even attend to the windows during the week. They need a good clean as they fogged up pretty badly last night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fine motor, colour is class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

They need a good clean as they fogged up pretty badly last night ;)

A ha did someone get Meistered..:P

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Stop eating McDonalds in your car!

Even the thought of that makes me queasy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Absolutely stunning MM.

That your first auto? I know you were totally against autos when looking for the 335.

How are them new slippers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭micks_address

I've got an android phone so can use android auto. Tune-in radio to stream the better stations that are out of range in cork, spotify and google play music fully controlled from the head unit. Best set up I've come across.

Is that an aftermarket unit or one that came with your car?

Looking to install a pioneer android auto unit on my car before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I've got an android phone so can use android auto. Tune-in radio to stream the better stations that are out of range in cork, spotify and google play music fully controlled from the head unit. Best set up I've come across.

It's the same in my car I can fully control spotify from the steering wheel controls its great no wires all over Bluetooth. I never had spotify until I got the megane but it's very handy. On a rare long trip I might conect my iPod to the radio via aux in for a change more so than anything as there is no real need for it.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning MM.

That your first auto? I know you were totally against autos when looking for the 335.

How are them new slippers? :D

Cheers man!

I was against an auto in the 335 because I read in numerous places that the manual suited that engine a lot better than the auto. The F30 only comes with the auto box. Manual isn't available anywhere and I think they've made the right decision.

IIRC the auto accelerates faster in the 335. Maybe that's the 4er I'm thinking of though.

Anyhow, you liking the autobox so far? I'm a firm believer that once you go auto you're very unlikely to go back, especially with modern autos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Those modern ZF boxes are meant to be sublime tbh.

Is it 7 or 8 speed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Is that an aftermarket unit or one that came with your car?

Looking to install a pioneer android auto unit on my car before Christmas

It's the one that came in it. There's a few manufacturers have introduced it now. A buddy has one of the pioneer units and has no complaints. Also get to use nav etc too.

20150731_180640_zpsw0wbhlyk.jpg
    CIP4 wrote: »
    It's the same in my car I can fully control spotify from the steering wheel controls its great no wires all over Bluetooth. I never had spotify until I got the megane but it's very handy. On a rare long trip I might conect my iPod to the radio via aux in for a change more so than anything as there is no real need for it.

This isnt over Bluetooth though. This is a wired connection with the app interfaces on the screen. Any Bluetooth system with play and control the music.

In the e92 335, the manual accelerates faster. I'm loving the auto but if I was to get another auto again, it would have to be the same one as it's very good. I have normal auto, sequential tiptronic and paddle shift.

It's 8 speed SG.

You'll probably start off thinking you'll mainly use the tiptronic / paddle shift but as time goes on you'll find you rarely if ever use it.

Enjoy it dude. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭micks_address

It's the one that came in it. There's a few manufacturers have introduced it now. A buddy has one of the pioneer units and has no complaints. Also get to use nav etc too.

20150731_180640_zpsw0wbhlyk.jpg

This isnt over Bluetooth though. This is a wired connection with the app interfaces on the screen. Any Bluetooth system with play and control the music.

Cool what's the car? Pain in backside retrofitting units but going to try.. Also thinking of a compact subwoofer also... Mid life crisis in full swing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

OSI wrote: »
    That's what they all say. Rarely true in real life though.

Depends on driver and then in the auto side depends on the box and setup the car has.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Cool what's the car? Pain in backside retrofitting units but going to try.. Also thinking of a compact subwoofer also... Mid life crisis in full swing :)

He's got it in a Mazda 6, you can get the leads to work with the steering wheel controls too so if there's a double din slot you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

You'll probably start off thinking you'll mainly use the tiptronic / paddle shift but as time goes on you'll find you rarely if ever use it.

I think this depends on the car. I would have agreed with you before, as we have a ZF gearbox in a 520d and the paddles got used maybe twice in the first week and that's it. It just stays in D all day long now as this suits it best.

With a 3.0d it's definitely more performance orientated than the 2.0d so maybe it will be nicer to use. I do find when using manual mode with 8 cogs available, you never can keep track of what gear you are in, especially in a diesel as it's difficult to hear the engine.

However, I recently picked up a performance petrol which is automatic, and I never drive it in D. Only ever in manual mode, 5k kms in now too and that hasn't changed.

Same driver, different cars, drive them differently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

In Connemara today, what a class sunset in such calm conditions. Pity I hadn't a better camera! I know ye've seen a lot of the focus lately, I'll keep quiet for a while.

16202es.jpg

2s97lo1.jpg

x6jt4x.jpg

208iu69.jpg

zuqdk1.jpg

es2m9i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm just glad someone posted a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

IIRC the auto accelerates faster in the 335. Maybe that's the 4er I'm thinking of though.

Anyhow, you liking the autobox so far? I'm a firm believer that once you go auto you're very unlikely to go back, especially with modern autos.

I don't know I still kinda miss my manual think it depends on the car.

In saying that in the e60 I've used tiptronic I think twice other than that it's permanently in D.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

12072609_10153215787812709_7114377918110065644_n_zps7guxwo5d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

157801 on mine :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Quick wash and hoover while I had some free time. Was filthy!

Decided to get rid of rear and front fog tints, think it looks great. Took lots of pictures, will be selling it towards the end of the year, want to go back to a petrol car, work relocated 10km from the house so no longer need a diesel. Have the ad written up for Donedeal already :pac:

vzdkbb.jpg

2s1t8it.jpg

209ps0g.jpg

Edit - I asked in another thread, but is there a thread/forum here that I can put up details about my car (like a DoneDeal ad-style) and ask everyone what they think it's worth before I put it on the actual site for sale? I don't want to over/under evaluate it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement