Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

a braver man than i, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thank you :) Wrapped outside white, carbon roof, NCT to next year, taxed to end of November. 1 previous owner.

Good spec, idrive, climate control, cruise control, Bluetooth etc. 6 speed manual

So smooth. Will get more pics tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ahh ffs, not another beemer!!!

Best of luck regardless :P

what colour is it originally? might be nice to un-vinyl it. think i used to see this a lot around waterford city with bigger wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

what colour is it originally? might be nice to un-vinyl it. think i used to see this a lot around waterford city with bigger wheels?

Looks familiar to me too from Waterford.

That and that wrapped Mondeo.

Well wear rizzee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well wear with it, can't bate a 5! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Well wear with it, can't bate a 5! :cool:

What about a V12 7?

:D

Well wear Rizzee, looks good!

Cheers! Originally grey, I have receipts for the wrap (all warrantied etc). Going to keep as is for now.

I bought it off a lad in Tallaght. His wife owned it the last 4 years, only 1 owner before her so maybe that was in Waterford where yous seen it? Edit-well it can't be actually, he got the wrap done for her in the last 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Good old friend decided to join my trips to work and back again for next couple of days. :D

365237.jpg

;)

20iut08.jpg

2qkl0tj.jpg

2litnd4.jpg

5juwyb.jpg

Gave it a quick hoover there, needs a wash outside but still doesn't look bad! Have to get a set of car mats (drivers side one is missing) and the reg plates are a bit faded so i'll probably get them changed soon too. Have new badges/emblems on the way, LED number plate bulbs and wind deflectors too.

A mate of mine is a upholsterer so he's going to give me a quote to get the seats done in leather, i'm happy with them anyway at the moment though, they're comfortable.

Was on the phone to previous owner, it was originally gun metal grey and he said there wasn't a mark on it. That's a boost anyway if I decide to de-wrap down the line. Overall very very happy with it in my 2 days so far... My pockets haven't been emptied yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

We used to have very similar cars, rizzee, with the Golf, Colt, Punto and all. Now you've gone to the next level. :P

Good bit of power compared to those cars, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Would definitely see wrap the roof man, well wear though :)

Oh and make sure you buy led bulbs that are Canbus compatible or the on board system will drive you mad!

GvidoR wrote: »
    We used to have very similar cars, rizzee, with the Golf, Colt, Punto and all. Now you've gone to the next level. :P

Good bit of power compared to those cars, eh?

Yeah !

Absolutely! Was on the motorway yesterday and you don't realise how quick you're going ontil you look at the speedo :cool:

You're going to have to get a 5 series next and continue the trend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

IMG_20151011_181302.jpg

I meant to turn the table over and must buy a decent camera!!! I seen a A6 in this colour this week and loved it, would love a 190 HP Quattro with the S tronic box unfortunately I can't afford one yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@ River - I'd be pulling that wrap off and getting a set of spiders for that.

Although if you have a thick gold chain necklace and a taste for black leather jackets I'd leave it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Black and white filter hides the dirt well!!

vidzc4.jpg

rizzee wrote: »
    emblems on the way, LED number plate bulbs and wind deflectors too.

Getting pedantic here, but they're are 2 types of plastic number plates - the ones you have (eg - the 1 has the little mark at the top) whereas the others "1" looks more like an "l". The figures have a more oval appearance about them.

Your type

2litnd4.jpg

And the other type I was on about. Personally I prefer the second option.

no-photo.gif

It has a lot to do with the car as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

oh my

its ok, im sure the reg plate story made sense to you when you posted it

Is it all orange to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

:confused:

• Advertisement

Please don't make me seem like a mad man. Somebody tell me they can see the difference? The first one has an off white appearance. I can spot the difference a mile away when I see them on the road!

Is it all orange to you?

r u ok?

im baffled by that question but then again I was baffled about your reg plate wall of text too.

r u ok?

Did you never hear of that expression. Basically means "is it all the same to you".

Cripers I feel like I'm in a foreign country here!

I get you now

I see what you are meaning by the reg plates tbf, but I honestly dont think it makes much difference at all. Maybe it does for others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    @ River - I'd be pulling that wrap off and getting a set of spiders for that.

Although if you have a thick gold chain necklace and a taste for black leather jackets I'd leave it as is.

received_746795955425251_zpsdl1lzrud.gif

100% agree, white looks tacky on E60's imo, even from Factory!

I beg to differ, think white is nice

Please don't make me seem like a mad man. Somebody tell me they can see the difference? The first one has an off white appearance. I can spot the difference a mile away when I see them on the road!

i can see it. i always pick up on it. personally i prefer the latter (on the mondeo in your post).

the ones on the 5'er always seem to weather/ go yellow much quicker than the ones on the mondeo. the mondeo ones are D&S Roe supplied ones iirc?

there have been a few shifts in number plate trends over the last decade or two. i remember throughout the 90's, the original pressed plates were being used. the ones where you had 2 skins of tin and the digits were punched out of the white layer, revealing the embossed black layer. these plates always fell to ****e and looked real scabby.

then in the late 90's, early noughties the original plastic plates came in (like the style on the mondeo) and lads loved how clean and modern they made the cars look, genuinely fairly revolutionary at the time. the only downside i guess is that the plastic yellowed.

now we all hate the plastic ones and we are going for the new style pressed plates where the tin is single layer and embossed and painted, not dual skin like it used to be. at the moment i reckon these are perceived as the most stylish plate.

i think the style plate on the 5'er was a bit late to the party, they seem like the lowest quality and the font (imo) isn't as attractive.

but that's all splitting hairs really. it's just an identification device... or is it :pac:

Yay someone understands! :)

Now now ladies relax its just a colour :pac:

Completely understand your opinions, that's why I was saying down the line if I think the white is a bit "too much" I can simply take it off. Sure I didn't put it there in the first place :D

Yes the reg plates are faded and I think they make a huge difference to a car. Will have new ones the weekend, just deciding what to get :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

How about a set of 19 inch bostons and a set of makita lowered springs to compliment your tasteful mods :D
    OSI wrote: »
    Needs pressed German plates and a giant Nurburgring sticker in a tinted rear window.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement