Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Big Nasty wrote: »
    @ River - I'd be pulling that wrap off and getting a set of spiders for that.

Although if you have a thick gold chain necklace and a taste for black leather jackets I'd leave it as is.

I thought of spiders for my own.

But pretty much everyone warns you off them. All the ones floating around are Chinese knock offs that are known for cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Quick picture of my 535d m sport in work after 2 layers of polish and 2 layers of wax yesterday
    2015-10-12%2016.45.31_zpspdajaqxd.jpg

I thought of spiders for my own.

But pretty much everyone warns you off them. All the ones floating around are Chinese knock offs that are known for cracking.

Even original crack and buckle due to the low profile tyres. Had to have 3 of mine welded a few weeks back and mine are geniune bmw spiders

chriity139 wrote: »
    Even original crack and buckle due to the low profile tyres. Had to have 3 of mine welded a few weeks back and mine are geniune bmw spiders

I've always had low profile tyres on all my cars this is the first time I haven't and I've never had a cracked or buckled wheel from it.

I've always had low profile tyres on all my cars this is the first time I haven't and I've never had a cracked or buckled wheel from it.

Your lucky so. With the roads getting worse by the day if you hit a pothole your are more than likely going to cause a crack or a slight buckle with large rims and low profile tyres.

I wouldn't let this put you off getting a set of 172 spiders though. They are possibly the nicest wheel bmw has ever made. Getting very hard to track down a full set of them which aren't advertised for silly money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'd run a mile from spiders, every e60 has them.

A set of style 95's from a 7er look a million quid on them and are never seen.

maxresdefault.jpg

Each to their own but I think spiders are well nicer than the above thats why they are so popular with e60s

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'd run a mile from spiders, every e60 has them.

A set of style 95's from a 7er look a million quid on them and are never seen.

Now that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

that bmw estate looks ****ing repulsive with those alloys and suspension

Each to their own but I think spiders are well nicer than the above thats why they are so popular with e60s

Oh totally agree on the do what you like stuff but I hate that there's so many around. Had a set of style 93's on mine a year ago and they looked great!
    Now that I like.

There are some great OEM options out there marty, take a look on bmwstylewheels.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well aren't you the pleasant one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I like those wheels, but it has a lot of low... Makes the proportions look off IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Quick picture of my 535d m sport in work after 2 layers of polish and 2 layers of wax yesterday

did I see you driving into northwood around 5.45 today ? slick motor if it was yours.

did I see you driving into northwood around 5.45 today ? slick motor if it was yours.

Yeah that was me. What were you driving

There are some great OEM options out there marty, take a look on bmwstylewheels.com

Just checked out the above. I never knew there was that many bmw style wheels around.

Great site recommendation

Just found the wheels off my Z4 on there, the 108's. Got me thinking, whats the point of the split rims? Apart from making them harder to clean and prone to lacquer peeling on the rim section?

Just found the wheels off my Z4 on there, the 108's. Got me thinking, whats the point of the split rims? Apart from making them harder to clean and prone to lacquer peeling on the rim section?

Very handy for changing J size, you can buy new outers with bigger dish :)

Edit: Probably not for your 108's but for most bbs ones you can!

YbFocus wrote: »
    Very handy for changing J size, you can buy new outers with bigger dish :)

Edit: Probably not for your 108's but for most bbs ones you can!

Yea that makes sense! You're probably right about the 108s as the spokes overlap slightly with the dish.
    I must get them refurbished soon, yet really let the car down with the lacquer peeling. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah that was me. What were you driving

My D-Max

365441.jpg

20151014_180222_zpsnllqguso.jpg
    20151014_180258_zpsgje5lvpq.jpg
    20151014_180244_zpsflgrgdtn.jpg
    20151014_180319_zpsyardxbfa.jpg
    20151014_180328_zpspitep9dm.jpg
    20151014_180340_zpsyoytn5ax.jpg
    20151014_180351_zpskr8vl4dm.jpg
    20151014_180404_zpss5xqparc.jpg
    20151014_180552_zpsvd5wgpfp.jpg
    20151014_180430_zpsjyriacaw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Ugh... you got a cyclist in 2 of your photos. :pac:

Looks like a good drift spot :)

Well wear on the car BN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

GvidoR wrote: »
    Ugh... you got a cyclist in 2 of your photos. :pac:

At list he was not caught falling off his bike this time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

bmstuff wrote: »
    At list he was not caught falling off his bike this time :cool:

That would've made the pic better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That looks to be a very well looked after car BN, very clean and straight. I'd much rather a well looked after 523i than a rougher 525i.

What struck me was how much value is in these cars. I mean that car still looks very very fresh now and for what you paid for it you got a lot of classy car for your money.

Wish you the best of luck with it. I think I'll have an E60 myself someday

Cheers lads.

Very happy with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

New shoes
    2015-10-15%2018.28.30_zpsws6mczqv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hit a milestone today :)

• Advertisement