Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

The next meet could be awkward now, that's if there is a meet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

some adults so but hurt on here . rofl

Surely people can meet up without formally inviting every forum memeber anytime they take their car to meet someone?

I normally do not agree with any of your posts, this is a first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

We all need to relax but it would have been nice to be given a shout :)

Was doing nothing all day and just felt like Ah feck ye could have had a bit of craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

So if I go to my doctor with a severe pain in my left nut and if I post about that on boards, is it then boards related?

You'd post that on the motors thread would you? Obviously not motors related. Don't be ridiculous

This was a car meet of all boardsies and posted on a motors thread where nobody else was invited. I thought as a group you'd be a touch more welcoming especially after the whole clique thing in the chat thread, remember that MM...?

Oh and now you have Power Pants to back you up lucky you guys.

Great sense of community in here chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

lets all turn those frowns upside down guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

166man wrote: »
    You'd post that on the motors thread would you? Obviously not motors related. Don't be ridiculous

This was a car meet of all boardsies and posted on a motors thread where nobody else was invited. I thought as a group you'd be a touch more welcoming especially after the whole clique thing in the chat thread, remember that MM...?

Oh and now you have Power Pants to back you up lucky you guys.

Great sense of community in here chaps.

From what I saw it was a Facebook meet. Plenty of people have posted mini meet pics on here without the others getting their vaginas in a twist over it. To he honest we used have a few cork meets regularly with the same crew for the most part in recent years and it wasn't boards related at all.

The replies to the pics posted might be an indication of the attraction of such a meet.

didnt 166, dgt and a couple of others used to meet up to wash themselves?

Dont recall anyone really caring or passing comment over this?

meant wash their cars themselves

From what I saw it was a Facebook meet. Plenty of people have posted mini meet pics on here without the others getting their vaginas in a twist over it.

The replies to the pics posted might be an indication of the attraction of such a meet.

Call it what you want. Keep the foul analogies to yourself though.

If there was a meet organized by 10 of us in Port Laoise (which is in Leinster) and people weren't told on here and we then posted pictures you can bet your dollar that those from Cork and other counties would be wondering what's going on.

Pretty simple really.

didnt 166, dgt and a couple of others used to meet up to wash themselves?

Dont recall anyone really caring or passing comment over this?

I'm indifferent to all of this but yet again you have turned up to turn this into a disaster.

Why you post in this forum is beyond me!

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'm indifferent to all of this but yet again you have turned up to turn this into a disaster.

why do you? :rolleyes:

my opinions on here are often different to the majority on here. However, I offer reasons and facts to back up my opinions. It seems if you disagree with some on here you are not welcome.

Until I break any rules which are the same for everyone posting on this forum, I will continue to post as I feel the need to.

Call it what you want. Keep the foul analogies to yourself though.

If there was a meet organized by 10 of us in Port Laoise (which is in Leinster) and people weren't told on here and we then posted pictures you can bet your dollar that those from Cork and other counties would be wondering what's going on.

Pretty simple really.

Meets happen all over the country everyday. Most people are on multiple forums, Facebook groups, WhatsApp chats and the like and these things just pop up. I really don't see the issue with a few people meeting up in a greasy spoons car park for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

So if I go to my doctor with a severe pain in my left nut and if I post about that on boards, is it then boards related?

If they amputate i can continue calling you a right bollix ? :p

why do you? :rolleyes:

Good one..

I help people out here as much as possible, know most guys personallyand love talking cars daily with these guys.
    You're unseen until you cop this kind of crap. .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

More pics less talk :P

That's your perception but I disagree. I post regularly championing budget tyres, motor tax, pics of classic cars etc.

Just because I dont wish to ever meet any of you in real life or become online buddies, it does not mean I can not forum here too

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:D

11790219_1040742372626690_518725043_o.jpg?oh=ad9ed3a557a04b4b03b23200e6e5b15c&oe=56255434
    12119319_1040742425960018_1326171501_o.jpg?oh=10d1049f5be130d1e010d0facbd85bec&oe=56245310
    12124515_1040742442626683_1243690763_o.jpg?oh=189a04d3d358d3f2bbd8f0f8874da2c2&oe=56245818
    12169751_1040742462626681_846936508_o.jpg?oh=36a8b30937cc265a0ca4366dac871f0a&oe=562545EF

That's your perception but I disagree. I post regularly championing budget tyres, motor tax, pics of classic cars etc.

Just because I dont wish to ever meet any of you in real life or become online buddies, it does not mean I can not forum here too

thanks

Your without a doubt a massive troll in instances like this though PP, you come in with your big spoon.

You don't have to know us, there's plenty that we don't know either.

Meets happen all over the country everyday. Most people are on multiple forums, Facebook groups, WhatsApp chats and the like and these things just pop up. I really don't see the issue with a few people meeting up in a greasy spoons car park for a chat.

You're missing the point entirely. There's no problem with people meeting up for a chat and a fry, none whatsoever, but I was enquiring why the offer was extended seeing as we are supposed to be a community..?

You also ignored what I said about a meet in Midway and not telling people or making a thread. Guaranteed others would be (rightly so) wondering why the offer wasn't extended.

For me it sums up the sense or lack of community here.

• Advertisement

yawn, Id like to see more pics in this thread and less chit chat directed at me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

You're missing the point entirely. There's no problem with people meeting up for a chat and a fry, none whatsoever, but I was enquiring why the offer was extended seeing as we are supposed to be a community..?

You also ignored what I said about a meet in Midway and not telling people or making a thread. Guaranteed others would be (rightly so) wondering why the offer wasn't extended.

Indeed.

Would have loved to have a chat as I'm in Cork the whole weekend.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

YbFocus wrote: »

your horse is so high i am surprised you have not broken all your limbs at this stage.

He said people met up previously to wash cars, don't see anything particularly untowardly about that.

Then again I dont have the mind set of wanting posters you dont like banned and sending out snidey pm's to mods.

Also GvidoR i took these especially for you :)

So SCENE

12170925_1040743582626569_277480837_o.jpg?oh=8a5ebabba73edd814d783654151ce6fa&oe=56253A2C
    12170898_1040743592626568_1118668732_o.jpg?oh=6ec511078a8fe411fe95ca9782f11483&oe=562528B3
    12169911_1040743615959899_1215372703_o.jpg?oh=06a1956dea1d964ccbff56f600389860&oe=56256147
    12169753_1040743635959897_1872895410_o.jpg?oh=9c3ffdc8ee71b16c687d73a822bd13f8&oe=56245CE4
    12171803_1040743665959894_1312284604_o.jpg?oh=b68c026e936b6c7407d47ac3497e7982&oe=56252DF3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

nice Audi, but the silly German plate ruins it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I really don't get the negativity here tbh.
    This wasn't a boards meet, it was a group of friends, most of whom happen to be on boards (like the majority of the country) meeting up for a chat.

I've personally met most of the guys from other forums or through mutual friends. I'd chat to a number of them on a regular basis, unlike the majority of posters here in motors.

Sorry if a few people feel excluded but frankly you need to grow up.

Tis a sad day for the motors forum if a few guys can't post up a few pics of their cars without getting crap about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Vento Atlintic looks like it was pulled out if it.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That Vento Atlintic looks like it was pulled out if it.

Looked abadondoned tbh the poor yoke, some VW rat scene jungfella would go mad for it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ah youre missing the point of this meet. It wasn't a boards meet, twas the first inaugural Irish motoring forum meet

As for meeting up with your fine self to wash our cars during the infamous hosepipe ban of 2014 by my lovely mammy, I'm confused as to how that constitutes a meet.
    Suppose I should have made a meet thread for the day I went and bought my old 156 with yourself and dgt in tow
    Soz guys

• Advertisement

It was a group of locals for the most part and nothing to do with here. Does everything need to come through here to be screened? Community doesn't involve living in each others pockets. I think all there knew the others meeting up, some of the people there i'd consider friends in real life. Meeting up with your buddies isn't a sin surely?

Personally I wouldn't be a bit put out by others meeting up. I see that as a good thing, people out having the craic with more like minded people. That's a good thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement